Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What's your favorite product from Burt's Bees?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I was looking at their website and saw so many things. I have combo/oily skin and wanted to try this brand but didn't want to go buy tons of things and end up not liking it or worse, breakout.
I've read a couple of threads about Burt Bee's product but was wondering if anyone would post their favorite products, skin type and the results.

Thank you, thank you.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
My absolute fave product from Burt's Bees is their Rosewater and Glycerin Toner. It smells lovely, and makes my skin feel like a rose petal. Don't be scared of the alcohol in it-- it hasn't dried my skin out at all, and it's helped with break outs. HTH!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you.
I was looking at the Rosewater & Glycerin toner, since I'm about to run out of the toner that I'm currently using, looking forward to trying something new. A plus is that it's not that expensive. Since you have sensitive skin and some breakouts, this should be good for my skin ( I tend to breakout). And you said that it doesn't make your skin dry out even though it has alcohol. I've tried other toners before and it made my skin so tight and dry.
Will stop by Bath & Body this weekend. Can't wait.
Thank you again.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE the smell of the baby bee shampoo bar (i think that is the name) It smells wonderful, just like a baby (the good baby smell, not the bad baby smell Wink
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
the lemon cuticle balm ...
my friend loves its tinted moisturizer.

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
i was looking at the tinted moisturizer but it's for dry skin and mine is combo/oily.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I love the hand salve as a night treatment.
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I love the concealer and their Carrot Seed Mist.

Maria Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
lip balm
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Lip balm (the original one), Lip Shimmer (Nutmeg), Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme, Buttermilk Lotion...and so much more. Very Happy
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
qisme615 wrote:
Thank you again.

Bath & Body Works carries Burt's Bees???? Where do you live? Maybe I'm just WAY out of the loop Embarassed . I haven't been to a Bath and Body Works in like 2 years...
triry
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:21 am      Reply with quote
I love their lip balm.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:42 am      Reply with quote
My skin is reactive/prone to clogged pores. I Love the orange essence facial cleanser (used for similar results as OCM), tomato toner, lip shimmers, and children's orange cream toothpaste. Products I did Not like are the rice paper facial blotters, the marshmallow vanishing cream (clogged pores), carrot day cream (didn't care for the smell, left skin shiny). I have also heard good things about their shampoos/conditioners.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:44 am      Reply with quote
I like a few things from Burt's Bees:

*Beeswax & Banana Hand Creme - Thick, luxurious and smells like Banana Milkshake, I want to eat my hands when I have this on.
*Lipshimmers
*Avocado Pre Shampoo hair treatment
*Baby Bee Buttermilk Body Lotion
*Orange Cleanser

I would repurchase all of the above.

Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
My favorites are Lip Shimmer (In Nutmeg), and their Pore Refining mask.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Oh yes, the pore refining mask!! I love it-- smells great and goes on my face like green silk!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I love the Repair Serum and Royal Jelly Eye Creme. Very Happy
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:33 am      Reply with quote
girldelvov wrote:
qisme615 wrote:
Thank you again.

Bath & Body Works carries Burt's Bees???? Where do you live? Maybe I'm just WAY out of the loop Embarassed . I haven't been to a Bath and Body Works in like 2 years...

I live in California, Orange County and I've gone to the Bath & Body shop at the malls and they carry a big selection of their products.
I think they started this about 2 years ago. I think.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
qisme615 wrote:
girldelvov wrote:
qisme615 wrote:
Thank you again.

I live in California, Orange County and I've gone to the Bath & Body shop at the malls and they carry a big selection of their products.

Huhh, isn't that something Wink . Next time I'm at the mall, I'll actually step into Bath and Body to see what else has changed. So now, I have another reason to go to the mall since Colorado just got a Sephora at Park Meadows Mall which is so much closer for me than the other 1 or 2 locations.

Thanks qisme615 Very Happy
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
girldelvov - I was searching bath & body and I think it might be at selected stores but if your there, it doesn't hurt to check it out.
dolly*eye
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I like the minty lip balm stick =) yum ~
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
girldelvov wrote:
qisme615 wrote:
girldelvov wrote:
qisme615 wrote:
Thank you again.

Huhh, isn't that something Wink . Next time I'm at the mall, I'll actually step into Bath and Body to see what else has changed. So now, I have another reason to go to the mall since Colorado just got a Sephora at Park Meadows Mall which is so much closer for me than the other 1 or 2 locations.

Thanks qisme615 Very Happy

Bath and Body works that carry Burt's Bees are called "flagship" stores, I have two right by my house that carry a lot of products that in the past I thought I could only find online, especially from the EDS store. These stores are not good for the wallet Laughing
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I love trying natural skin care products, but unfortunately none of the burt's bees products I've tried have worked well for me. I tried the tomatoe toner, the shea butter hand cream, the carrot body lotion, the banana hand cream, the cuticle cream, the healing ointment, a few of the soaps, the super shiney conditioner, the ginger body wash, the lip balms, and I've never re-bought any of them. Initially, I loved the products because they were natural, but then I realized that I was being silly, and if there are more effective unnaturl things out there, I should use them instead. I guess not I just think that the ingredients are really that high quality compared to other natural lines (like the 100% pure line at bath and body works).
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Burt's Bees Royal Jelly eye cream with aloe vera is great for my super-dehydrated (wintertime) eyes. I also like the Baby Bee bath/body oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I :

Baby Bee Buttermilk Bath Soak
Baby Bee Head to Toe Wash
Coconut Foot Cream(came with a pumice stone and a cute pair of yellow socks with little bee's on them!)
Peppermint Lipbalm
Baby Bee Apricot Baby Oil
Rosewater & Glycerin Toner
Orange Essence Facial Cleanser(I OCM on my face but like to use this on my chest and neck as its easier to remove.)
I like the toothpaste too.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |