Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Angelina Jolie for Shiseido
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
This is Shiseido's new commercial for their Integrate line. The video is a bit cheesy but Angie looks beautiful, as always. Based on this commercial, would you buy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZPd9FDR3d4
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I probably wouldnt buy it because she is hawking it...I know thats an unpopular view around here! I have always loved thier colors but never loved the formulations of thier lip products.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
I probably wouldnt buy it because she is hawking it...I know thats an unpopular view around here!

Nah, I feel the same way. And this is a really dumb "commercial". I mean it's one thing to use a beautiful person to sell something, but that is just going way overboard. It makes me NOT want to buy it because they couldn't be creative enough to come up with anything but images of Angelina. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for sharing dollbird!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
...but I still won't look like Angelina Laughing
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, really doesn't say ANYTHING about the product. Jolie has pouty lips w/just normal chapstick anyways so of course she can make ANY lip product look good
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Now for me ... she could sell me anything! Laughing I just think she is so beautiful.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't liked Angelina Jolie since I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith (what a piece of bleep). So, no, I wouldn't buy something just because she's 'selling' it. UNLESS she's selling Brad Pitt.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I thought she is using Sjan?
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Nope it doesn't intise me to buy Shiseido. Ya know I do think Angelina is beautiful, BUT enough about her lips already!! Rolling Eyes It seems as though all I see is LIPS LIPS and more LIPS
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
No--I don't buy anything based upon commercials/ads and what top model/actress is selling it...I just come here and wait for the product reviews. I trust you girls more Wink
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
So how much collagen does it take to get lips like hers??? Shock
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
I haven't liked Angelina Jolie since I saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith (what a piece of bleep). So, no, I wouldn't buy something just because she's 'selling' it. UNLESS she's selling Brad Pitt.

Laughing Your comment got me laughing out loud.
I so agree with you. Laughing
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
violetanne wrote:

Laughing Your comment got me laughing out loud.
I so agree with you. Laughing

No kidding. I think that Sheseido commercial was the best bit of acting I've seen her do in awhile. I base my opinion of movie stars on their art, you know, because that's essentially what they are, artists. I loved her in Gia and in Girl, Interrupted, but she has continously been a slave to the box office machine since she won her Oscar. The Tomb Raider movies? I rest my case. (All right, there was the Bone Collector, a decent thriller, but that was more of a Denzel vehicle.)

But, yeah, I'd totally take Brad Pitt of her hands. You know, if she got tired of him.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
I just want someone to paint my eyes as white as her... I mean she is a beautiful woman (but the WRONG one to sell lippy as everyone knows she has great lips), but that has to be the most touched-up piece of video since someone showed the German mag cover of Fergie.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
I probably wouldnt buy it because she is hawking it...I know thats an unpopular view around here!

Same here. All those close-ups of her lips remind me of her kissing her brother, which I doubt is the image Shiseido was hoping to create Laughing Laughing
Mabsy

Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:03 am      Reply with quote
That's a pretty crappy add, but she does look nice.

I wouldn't buy this simply because I have had multiple bad experiences with any lip products that come in a clicky pen type applicator.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:54 am      Reply with quote
... and i thought i'm the only non-member of the A.J. fan club ...
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Wow what's with all the AJ bashing? Although I love Angelina and think she is one of the most gorgeous women in the industry, as well as having a huge heart to give so much back to others, I would never buy something just because of a commercial. Sometimes I just think she does things like crappy commercials to get more money to give away. I think it's extremely admirable that she gives away 1/3 of her annual income to people in need. That says alot about her character. The past is the past; we've all done stupid or shocking things and if we were in the public eye all the time I'm sure they'd catch a bunch of us in a few outrageously stupid moments. I just think that if it took all that craziness for her to grow into the beautiful, kind and giving person she is today, than it was all worth it. As for the Lara Croft movies - I love those. She's like a female Indiana Jones and I used to love those movies too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Well, I think she's absolutely stunning and I like her style. However, I wouldn't run out and purchase anything just because it was featured in an ad.

It might intrigue me enough to research the reviews but I wouldn't buy it right off.

As for the lips, that wasn't a very good marketing ploy since everyone already knows she has great ones.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:11 am      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
Wow what's with all the AJ bashing? Although I love Angelina and think she is one of the most gorgeous women in the industry, as well as having a huge heart to give so much back to others, I would never buy something just because of a commercial. Sometimes I just think she does things like crappy commercials to get more money to give away. I think it's extremely admirable that she gives away 1/3 of her annual income to people in need. That says alot about her character. The past is the past; we've all done stupid or shocking things and if we were in the public eye all the time I'm sure they'd catch a bunch of us in a few outrageously stupid moments. I just think that if it took all that craziness for her to grow into the beautiful, kind and giving person she is today, than it was all worth it. As for the Lara Croft movies - I love those. She's like a female Indiana Jones and I used to love those movies too.

No offence wildflower I respect your opinion! Smile
I dont consider husband stealing a very worth while hobby(brad not being the first for her), I dont care how much money you give away, it doesnt make up for having no morals. She just runs around and says "oh, I dont analyze myself, I live in the moment..." Well to me that sounds like she doesnt want to be held accountable for her actions, what a great example to set for her kids. I also think she is a terrible actress. This is a perfect example of being treated differently b/c you are attractive, and I think in this case we can add wealthy. Sorry didnt mean to hijack this thread....

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:20 am      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:

Ok, to say she makes money to just give it away is a little silly. I'm not denying she's gorgeous, we all want to look like her, etc. I think we have to be careful not to make her into a saint. I think she's definitely trying to portray herself in a certain light, which is far different from the way she wanted people to see her, say, in the Billy Bob days. I have reads many interviews she's done, and I have to say she's a little boring and kind of screwy. Sorry. Don't like her. If you want me to admit she does good, than yeah, she's doing good. More movie stars should that, use their fame for something decent.

But that doesn't change the fact that I still don't like her movies! Tomb Raider was based on a video game, and it was full of product placements. I heard for the second one they actually enhanced her boobs while she wore that silver suit. The plots were thin, total camp. I think she's probably capable of juicer roles but you have to wonder why she continues doling out drab performances in mediocre movies...
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
wildflower wrote:

Ok, to say she makes money to just give it away is a little silly. I'm not denying she's gorgeous, we all want to look like her, etc. I think we have to be careful not to make her into a saint. I think she's definitely trying to portray herself in a certain light, which is far different from the way she wanted people to see her, say, in the Billy Bob days. I have reads many interviews she's done, and I have to say she's a little boring and kind of screwy. Sorry. Don't like her. If you want me to admit she does good, than yeah, she's doing good. More movie stars should that, use their fame for something decent.

But that doesn't change the fact that I still don't like her movies! Tomb Raider was based on a video game, and it was full of product placements. I heard for the second one they actually enhanced her boobs while she wore that silver suit. The plots were thin, total camp. I think she's probably capable of juicer roles but you have to wonder why she continues doling out drab performances in mediocre movies...

Couldnt agree more(except with the wanting to look like her part, I think she is funky looking!). Wink

skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
although i personally like angelina from what i have read about her and her skin and hair are really nice, she isn't gorgeous to me. gorgeous is catherine zeta-jones, who since she has become the face of elizabeth arden, has conned me more than a few times into buying their products though i tend to think arden as lower quality Laughing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
I have to say that I am a HUGE Angelina Jolie fan and I'll tell you why: 1) I think she's supremely talented. Has anyone ever seen the movie "Playing By Heart"? I don't know if it was even released in theatres, but it stars Angelina Jolie, Gillian Anderson, Sean Connery, Ryan Phillipe, etc. Angelina Jolie has definitely done some crappy movies, but I was absolutely spellbound be her performance in Playing By Heart. 2) She's gorgeous. I think very few women in Hollywood are actually even above average. You see them without 2 inches of makeup and a billion hair extensions and they look just like the rest of us--- as a matter of fact, most of them look not as good as we do!! Hollywood women to me are nothing but smoke and mirrors, but Angelina Jolie is beautiful even when she's got her hair pulled back, no make up on, etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to like her the best when I see her with no makeup on, and hair pulled back, trekking around Africa or something... Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |