Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
itchy skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sweetp
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Ok...so every time I think I have figured out what works for my skin it gets itchy again...I don't know what to do!!!! My skin is pretty good, until I start to sweat and then it gets all itchy and sometimes i wake up with itchy dry patches. I have never heard of anyone else having this, so would love to know that there is someone else out there that had it and treated it effectively. Along with this, sometimes randomly I get these little pin sized bumps on my face that itch like no tomorrow! sometimes the spot just starts off being red and itchy and then develops into a small little bump. I am really getting frustrated and want to get back to working out but can't if this is gonna happen every time I sweat. I do not use products with sls.
Caspers Mum

Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Try the following new product: B Kamins Antipruritic Cream.
sweetp
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I will do that! thank you for replying!!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Also, might be worth checking with a dermatologist. Smile
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I highly recommend Evian mineral water spray. It's truly amazing!
panda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
i have eczema on my body and sometimes on my face. when my face gets itchy, i use phytomer's desensitize mask and elemis' SOS cream. calms the red spots down straight away. on the body, i either use aveeno products or a mustela baby cream. if my red pin like spots get really bad then i put elomet on it (last resort)! elomet was prescribed by my derm and it is pretty strong stuff. i recommend you see a dermatologist too. good luck!
sweetp
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
panda wrote:
i have eczema on my body and sometimes on my face. when my face gets itchy, i use phytomer's desensitize mask and elemis' SOS cream. calms the red spots down straight away. on the body, i either use aveeno products or a mustela baby cream. if my red pin like spots get really bad then i put elomet on it (last resort)! elomet was prescribed by my derm and it is pretty strong stuff. i recommend you see a dermatologist too. good luck!

are the red pin size spots that you get itchy too? My spots are not always red though, they are mostly skin colored, but itch like mad! Do you think this could be eczema that I have? Dermatologists are crap! they only thing they prescribe for anything is hydrocortisone which I don't want to use. I want to fight this without using that crap - so far tea tree oil calms it down, but it is still really annoying!
panda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
you know what my derm said to me when i told him i got itchy when i sweat? he said "as a doctor, i must encourage you to exercise. have you considered taking up swimming instead?" i sighed. "no, doctor, i am not a good swimmer."

hmm....i'm not an expert but it sounds like you have some sort of skin allergy. you are right that the derms will tend to send you off with some sort of cortisone because they contain steroids which are supposed to be the strongest anti-inflammatory agent known to man. i used to put that stuff on every day because it stopped the itching but it ended up discoloring my skin and thinning it. so if you do use cortisone remember to stop after 5 days!!

my rashes or spots start off skin color but then sometimes at night i scratch (half asleep). so then they become generally red or darker in color and yes, they are annoyingly itchy. i have a dry patch on my neck as we speak. i may have to attack it with cortisone if it doesn't go away. whatever you do...DON'T SCRATCH!!! it'll only make it worse.

my friend also has skin allergies which she passed onto her baby and she refuses to use cortisone on him. her pediatrician gave her some anyway and suggested she feed him flaxseed oil. apparently, this stuff works wonders and she swears that her and her baby's skin is much better now. she gave me a spoon to try. i almost gagged.....if you can stomach this stuff, let me know how it goes for you!!
panda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
btw, i just noticed you are the one who started the concealer thread. it sounds like you and i have the same doomed skin flaws!
sweetp
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
O Gosh Panda - I really feel for you girl! The circles under my eyes are really not that bad I just like that smooth no circles look for when I go out and I have never used a concealor so I had no idea where to start. The members here are so knowledgeable so I thought it was the perfect place to get ideas. I was actually looking at maquicomplet (something to that effect) by lancome today and it is pretty good! But I was kinda upset cuz the SA told me that I have thin skin under my eyes and that i could begin to wrinkle early - now I am scared!
panda
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:46 am      Reply with quote
oh, i am using the cellcosmet eye cream..it's pretty good if you are worried about fine lines!! but let me warn you, it doesn't help with the dark circles!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |