Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Go Smile teeth whitener
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi

Just tried my freebie sample of the Go Smile teeth whitener and I don't know if it's all in my mind but I think it's whitened my teeth already?! Before I go mad and order a load of it, does anyone know if it's abrasive for the teeth or does it make your teeth sensitive?

My dentist nearly had a heart attack when I told him I used whitening toothpaste, he said it's far too abrasive.

Thanks in advance
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to check out this thread as lots of people have tried it:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4513

I had sensitivity issues with Go Smile as you can see towards the end of the thread. However, I would say it's still worth a try but try and keep it away from your gums and if you do get any senstivities, stop immediately. From the sounds of things most people don't have any problems but from my experience, watch out.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I think another forum member really likes this product. Think her name is Babs, Cool

It goes on your teeth right?? Just making sure. Wink
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Lifeplyr01 - Your post has just made me choke and nearly have an asthma attack as I was laughing so much! Laughing
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I don't get the joke, please explain.

Why would Go Smile teeth whitener go anywhere but on your teeth?! Confused
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
rofl better share the inside joke... try reading this Sarah:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15816

I am half-way through the Go Smile and my teeth are looking (and feeling) lovely. The enamel of my teeth feels so nice and smooth and all the discoloring has gone. I dont think I will get any whiter than I am now as my teeth are naturally discolored (from antibiotics when I was very small), but even if it is only this far I am very happy!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Lifeplyr01 - Your post has just made me choke and nearly have an asthma attack as I was laughing so much! Laughing

Hehe, sorry but I just couldn't resist when I saw this review. Bad Grin

But, NO asthma attack girlfriend!!!
Hope Babs doesn't strangle me Embarassed
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger Tim, thanks for filling in the blanks for Sarah and anyone else!! Very Happy
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:06 am      Reply with quote
i've got a natural enamel colour which i heard if i use Gosmile it'll make the 'yellowness' stand out even more?

i'm very tempting to try it.......
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:33 am      Reply with quote
LOL! I see. I must remember to apply my face products BEFORE I get hammered and maybe if it doesn't work on my teeth I can at least apply it to my face! Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
But, NO asthma attack girlfriend!!!

Well, you're just going to have to stop making me laugh so much then!!!! Laughing
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone,
Just reading your posts - funny!
So overall most of everyone will aggree go smile really works. I was going to go spend $350 nz dollars on teething whitening product. But now unsure what to try.
Where would i find a link to Go smile website.
Never heard about it in nz - would love to find out more. Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Brite White at my dentist at $460.00 and it was okay and I won't do that again. I've used Go Smile samples and I like it better, just in the 6 samples that I tried. I've not tried it for lightening spots on my face, but next time I pop open the wine with the neighbors, I might just break open a tube!! Laughing

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Sarahb, I have terrible tooth sensitivity with other brands but not Go Smile. I keep it away from my gums so I can't conmment on that aspect.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I used White Strips and my teeth were very sensitive to it. I did not even use up the packet. They are still sitting on my shelf. I also developed big blister bubble in my mouth. Does anyone have similar experience with White Strips or Go Smile?
havana8

Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:00 am      Reply with quote
The same thing happened to me with the White Strips!! I tried them a few times, but the pain was excruciating. I didn't even last 5 minutes before I had to get them off. EDS included a sample of the Go Smile with my order which I fearfully tried and ta da! no pain or sensitivity whatsoever with it. Maybe you could ask them to include a sample with your next order?
soobeeoz
5% products discount

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:03 am      Reply with quote
Four months ago I had my teeth professionally whitened with Brite Smile. I didn't find the procedure particularly uncomfortable, and other than one brief zinger a couple of hours later experienced no sensitivity. My teeth whitened fourteen shades - each shade is so close there's hard to tell a difference between them, so it's nowhere near as dramatic as it sounds - to the second whitest on the chart. My teeth stayed that colour for less than twenty four hours!!! They're probably still a little lighter than they were but they're not white, certainly not $AU999 whiter. The price included a maintenance kit comprising four syringes of Opalescence, the second of which I'll use tonight. I must be sure to go somewhere nice for lunch tomorrow before the effect wears off. Laughing
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:39 am      Reply with quote
I haven't had particularly good results from Go Smile. It's OK but didn't do too much for my teeth.

Over the years I've tried laser tooth whitening, the blue light thing (can't remember what it's called), Crest Whitestrips, Go Smile and god knows what else. Most of these I have done several times, not just once.

What works best for me is either laser or the blue light whitening, followed by those custom made plastic trays with Opalescence or other brand bleach worn overnight for a week or two. I use a Sonicare toothbrush with Supersmile Toothpaste plus Accelerator for maintenance, which I think helps. I love my Sonicare toothbrush!

Often a scale and polish works better than some tooth whiteners. Most people don't get that done often enough...I know I don't.

Umm...do I seem too obsessed with my teeth? Very Happy Very Happy
Kiki678
5% products discount

Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
I'm somewhat obsessed with tooth whitening but I haven't had it done by a professional yet. I've used the Crest Whitestrips with good results. If you keep another box around to "update" your teeth once a week (that is, use one or two strips on your uppers and lowers once a week), they stay very white. Also, brush after you drink coffee/tea.

My sister, on the other hand, hates Whitestrips because her teeth are so sensitive. Even air makes her teeth hurt when she uses them. She still does it though!
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
How to you request a free sample of GOSmile. I asked EDS for a sample with my last order but didn't recieved anything... Sad
I don't want to purchase it till have sampled for myself to see what its like

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:18 am      Reply with quote
EDS sent me a trial with one of my orders and after looking at reviews and deciding that it was too ridiculously expensive to purchase, i changed my mind after trying the sample. my teeth were brightened immediately and my gums didn't hurt like they do with crest whitestrips.

i was at Target this weekend, and was surprised to see a gosmile gift pack that included 20 whitening vials, am and pm toothpaste, and a metal container with 7 maintain vials all for $70. i just bought the kit and i think i saved quite a bit.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
EDS sent me a trial with one of my orders and after looking at reviews and deciding that it was too ridiculously expensive to purchase, i changed my mind after trying the sample. my teeth were brightened immediately and my gums didn't hurt like they do with crest whitestrips.

i was at Target this weekend, and was surprised to see a gosmile gift pack that included 20 whitening vials, am and pm toothpaste, and a metal container with 7 maintain vials all for $70. i just bought the kit and i think i saved quite a bit.

Hi skincareaddicted,
I asked EDS for a sample but didn't recieve one - bummer. Is Target in aussie cause i will ask my sis to buy me a set and sent it to NZ
Im happy you found the set cheaper and saved money. Its nice when that happens.
Im sure Target is in australia. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Marcia,

I am sure whoever was packing your order just forgot to include the gosmile, if you're placing another order, trying requesting it again. Yup, i think target does exist in australia, but i am not sure if the gosmile kit will be there. it was set up as a "special purchase" at the target here, but you should definitely look. if not, you can also try ebay, i saw the exact same kit for the same price. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Okay, gonna have to stop at Target now, I was so trying to avoid the Go Smile. Spending $80 plus dollars seems a little bit too much for a teeth whitner, might have to bite the bullet though..sighs.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |