Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Prada Skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Though I've never used/tried any of Prada's skincare, I've often wondered if one is paying for quality, or simply ... the prestigious name?

Kindly note: I've heard that this range of skincare has been bought by Ritz-Carlton Hotels, and will likely be available only through their hotel spas. Interesting.
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried, but I don't think it's worth trying at all. I haven seen a lot of bad reviews.
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I like the lipbalm! Caspers Mum, I don't believe you are right on RC buying Prada ... they are just using the products exclusively in their spa reatments within North America.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I remember reading on MUA that a lot of people have been finding prada skincare/lipbalm at marshalls and tjmaxx at a great discount. The reviews are so-so for the skincare. Most people like the lipbalm though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
i wonder about prada too. i ran across their products while doing an ebay search for their lip balm.

Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Belle wrote:
I like the lipbalm! Caspers Mum, I don't believe you are right on RC buying Prada ... they are just using the products exclusively in their spa reatments within North America.

WRONG! I spoke to someone from a Prada Beauty counter (in Beverly Hills) yesterday. Neiman Marcus hasn't carried the brand for a while, as the brand has been bought-out by R.C. "We've not sold it for months." said Michelle from N.M., Beverly Hills.

You will gradually see this prestige, luxury brand disappear from chic department stores. This is the exact reason why you might find it in T.J. Maxx, Ross, or Winners stores throughout North America! All receive their stock from liquidation/left-overs. T.J. Maxx (U.S.) owns Winners throughout Canada. As for e-Bay: do I really have to explain their sellers' sources, and the reasons for their cheaper prices?!?

Prada Beauty: beyond the kudos given for their lip-balm, whom really cares about the rest? I'd rather invest in a good, $5-$20 lip balm (if need-be), than waste money, merely to say, "I'm wearing Prada lip-balm!"

Rolling Eyes Laughing Whatever!
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
From what I know, and all reports say ,the spanish company Puig Beauty own both the Prada skin care and fragrance business. Check out number 26 on http://www.wwd.com/pdfs/BRI_Top_100.pdf

Also, a press release http://www.ritzcarlton.com/corporate/press_room/releases/prada_spa.html announcing the partnership of Prada and The Ritz-Carlton, guides readers to the PR agencies of both companies vs just the Ritz Carlton. If RC have bought the Prada skin care business, it would prove to be very interesting, but I cannot find anything on line about that.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
"As for e-Bay: do I really have to explain their sellers' sources, and the reasons for their cheaper prices?!?"

can u explain? aside from the sellers who buy a product and don't want it anymore, or valid businesses who do have an ebay account, i always thought the rest of the sellers bought return or damaged items to sell. [/quote]

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I may be wrong, but I thought Ritz Carlton had acquired the rights to flog some new Prada Spa line Question
And I'm guessing only the USA rights Question I could be completely wrong on this.

Seems a bit odd that a major fashion house would restrict its worldwide outlets to so few locations.

Anyways, I don't much like their skincare range or even the popular lip balm.

However, I am rather fond of Prada Sports trainers, and my feet have rarely worn anything else for work or play over the past 4 - 5 years. As long as Ritz Carlton keeps their hands off the Prada Sports line I'm happy Laughing
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I like how Prada skin products are all sold in excessive packaging, with one measured dose in a throw-away capsule.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
All the Prada lotion/potion line is fine,not amazing. The reason I come here (EDS) is to find out what's fantastic and amazing.
Caspers Mum

Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:23 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
I like how Prada skin products are all sold in excessive packaging, with one measured dose in a throw-away capsule.

Wow. This is totally different than my train of thought. I'd rather have truly effective, active skincare than pay for a designer name & the illusion of effectiveness (price/name/"measured-dose").

I'd rather spend the money on the shoes, or at least those from Mui Mui.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
This line did not do very well in the UK. I think the packaging causes a lot of wasted product as the measured doses are quite generous. I also have only heard negative things about it...
jellyberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm I'm interested in their lip balm but it's not available in Canada ;( Anyone know how I can get my hands on it?
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
jellyberry wrote:
Hmmm I'm interested in their lip balm but it's not available in Canada ;( Anyone know how I can get my hands on it?

Ebay Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
jellyberry wrote:

I've got some of the tinted No. 5 (the red one) hanging around that I will probably never use. Can send you one of the monodoses to try, if you don't mind red. PM me.

I know a lot of people here love this lip balm, but I actually prefer Burts Bees lip shimmers for a coloured balm. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |