Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
help! CP and emu oil users!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I've just started (1 week) using CP serum with emu oil in the evening and I'm having breakouts. I've always been wary of putting oil onto my skin as I'm prone to spots and clogged pores, but I read a lot of threads on these products, and it seemed that these products were meant for problem skin, and actually helped. My skin does look plumper, slightly more even and I like the feel, but my skin looks bumpy and rough on my forehead, and a few little spots on the rest of my face. Is it just all the crap coming to the surface, and it's going to get better, or should I quit now? I'm feeling quite depressed as I spent thousands on on roaccutane earlier this year, and now my skin is looking the worst it has in months, and i'm scared it's going back to how it was. Crying or Very sad
Please, please any other CP/emu users heeeelppp!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Preenie,

Don't panic. I recommend stopping both products for a few days until your skin goes back to normal. Then start back with the emu oil but NOT the CP serum. I think you might be reacting to the CP serum (irritation leading to breakouts). Real emu oil is non-comedogenic so if you got the real thing then I don't think it could be the source of the problem.

Anyway if you have success with your next trial of emu oil (stick with it for 4-7 days), try the CP serum in one area only. See what happens. When you try 2 new products at once it can be difficult to determine what is causing the problem.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Poco - that is very sensible advice - I usually rush into putting everything onto my face and then can't figure out which of the items is causing me problems.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I think Poco's right, it's the CP. When starting this, it's advised to use as follows in order to acclimate your skin:

Starting routine for CPs:

4 drops CP + 4 drops water - now
5 drops CP + 3 drops water - 2 weeks
6 drops CP + 2 drops water - 2 weeks
7 drops CP + 1 drop water - 2 weeks
8 drops CP

You should also start w/CP (weakest) rather than jumping in too quickly. Lastly, remember that if you put emu oil on after the CP, it will intensify the CP's effect. To lessen it, apply the emu first. You could do this, for instance, if when mixing 4/4 it is still causing irritation. Make sense?

FYI, emu oil is non-comedogenic but will bring forth already-forming pimples to the surface in a bit of a purging event. This happened to me. However, they will be much smaller than those you normally get because they will not have had time to get ickier/fuller, they should only show up in areas that you already break out AND most importantly, they will dissipate quickly and not get any bigger.

I haven't had any breakouts of significance (tiny one showed up this morning but it's already gone) since I've worked emu into my routine. Good luck!
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
FYI, emu oil is non-comedogenic but will bring forth already-forming pimples to the surface in a bit of a purging event. This happened to me. However, they will be much smaller than those you normally get because they will not have had time to get ickier/fuller, they should only show up in areas that you already break out AND most importantly, they will dissipate quickly and not get any bigger.

I haven't had any breakouts of significance (tiny one showed up this morning but it's already gone) since I've worked emu into my routine. Good luck!

Will it be helpful to apply Emu Oil directly on my pimples to speed up healing? Gosh I have this two pimples for a week probably... It gets better during my sleep & looks nice in the morning, but then at the end of the day I have exact the same size! Like a Groundhog Day, darn it Rolling Eyes
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I think the best thing would be to put 5% BHA (salicylic acid) solution on them, and leave on for 30 minutes before using anything else such as emu oil on top.
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:14 am      Reply with quote
All of that was brilliant advice, thank you Smile
I never thought for a second it would be the CP causing the breakout, I just assumed it would be the oil. I've actually stopped the emu and intensified the CP! Embarassed

I never realised I should water the CP down, I didn't realise it was strong stuff. I'm the worst for patch testing, I'm just like emma2006, and love stuffing all my products on as soon as they arrive.

To be honest I buy so many products I forget what their supposed to be doing, which is what I've done with these two! Question Question
Question
Well I'm going to have a break then try one at a time.

Thanks loads guys, feel a million times better Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Shantel, I agree w/Poco - 5% BHA salicylic acid will dry those puppies up quickly! You must wait 30 minutes to get the benefit (takes that long for skin to return to its normal Ph), then apply the emu.

Mind my asking where you got your new products? Was wondering because I'd recommend Diana Yvonne for the 5% BHA. JMHO.
Fatjack
5% products discount

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Preenie

Just wanted say that i love emu oil but when i use it on its own it seems to make face look greasy and makes my open pores look bigger.

I mix with Hyaluronic acid and the effect is amaising, my skin feels softer and well hydrated without any greasyness.

I ordered a sample from DY costing $3.75

I know its another thing to order Sad but if you try it you'll love it Very Happy

HTH
fatjack
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Good advice on the HA, I use it. One blob to about 4 drops emu. Sinks right in so much so that I have to hurry to put it on or my palms will get all the moisture!
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:45 am      Reply with quote
PocoLoco wrote:
I think the best thing would be to put 5% BHA (salicylic acid) solution on them, and leave on for 30 minutes before using anything else such as emu oil on top.

Thank you PocoLoco for your advice. I did it & it seems to be working! Pray
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Shantel, I agree w/Poco - 5% BHA salicylic acid will dry those puppies up quickly! You must wait 30 minutes to get the benefit (takes that long for skin to return to its normal Ph), then apply the emu.

Mind my asking where you got your new products? Was wondering because I'd recommend Diana Yvonne for the 5% BHA. JMHO.

Thank you for advice, Scalawaggirl. Yes, I got my products from Diana Yvonne & I couldn't be happier with products & service. I posted pretty long reply at your "Anyone know the Ph of IS Clinical Active Serum" post.
Thank you so much, Scalawaggirl .
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |