Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
::Review:: Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am a lip balm fanatic. I have probably tried everything under the sun and rarely find something I like. I have super dry lips and during/after my pregnancy they only got worse. I dont like waxy, heavily scented or colored lip balms. I want something simple and cheap that works. I aways perfer natural products too. I know this is not a big fancy product but I'm a firm believer that just b/c something is expensive dosent mean its better. This product(along with reviews here) has made me very interested in the rest of this line, which Im sure I'll be checking out soon.

Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm with Vit E and Honey. Not tested on animals.

Ingredients:
Shea butter, almond oil, cocoa butter, coconut oil, beeswax, candelilla wax, lanolin, comfrey root, honey powder, rosemary extract, vegetable oil, fragrance.

Description:
The texture is kinda gritty in the tube(Im guessing from the shea butter), but it does not go on so. It has a nice finish, not waxy at all, and a subtle shine. Perfect for everyday around the house use, or low matience days. It also has a pretty smell, not overpowering, just faintly like honey and a smidge of rose(even thought there is no rose in it).

Packaging:
Definently not fancy but cute enough that you wouldnt be ashamed to pull it out of you purse.

Price:
I paided about 2.99 USD + tax at CVS.

Downside:
I wish it had SPF, although I put regular sunscreen on my lips every morning anyway.

Overall:
I would give this a 8.5, I feel like it stays on well with out being goopy or stiff. It softens and hydrates my lips well, I will purchase again. A good basic lip balm.

*I know that alot of people dislike lanolin, but I find it to be a excellent moisturizer and dont mind using animal byproducts. I eat meat like a caveman so I cant justify being grossed out by them. Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I am currently using this lip balm and like it but the regular Burt's Bees lip balm is still my HG daytime use lip balm. Several years ago when I started using the Burt's Bees lip balm I became fascinated with this product line as well and tried many of their products. I either did not like them for some reason or they irritated my skin. I will not give up the lip balm but now I have no interest in the rest of the product line.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
I am currently using this lip balm and like it but the regular Burt's Bees lip balm is still my HG daytime use lip balm. Several years ago when I started using the Burt's Bees lip balm I became fascinated with this product line as well and tried many of their products. I either did not like them for some reason or they irritated my skin. I will not give up the lip balm but now I have no interest in the rest of the product line.

Did you find the ones that didnt irritate you just so-so or did you just flat out not like them? Dont want to waste my money!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Actually from what I recall just about everything I tried irritated my skin. The ones that didn't I would say were so-so. I do not recall flat out disliking any of the products. I know alot of other members really like the Burt's Bees stuff so you may just need to try a few of their products and see what "you" think!
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I really don't like this lip balm. It actually hurts my lips and makes them peel apart and bleed. The texture is too rough.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Harmonster wrote:
I really don't like this lip balm. It actually hurts my lips and makes them peel apart and bleed. The texture is too rough.

EEK! Dont tell me that! I hope it doesnt happen to me! Sorry about your lips! Confused

Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I found the lip balm very moisturizing but was totally turned off by the scent. I love the original lip balm though.
amycc
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Burt's Bee is good, not only in lip balm
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
So I went to whole Foods today and decided to buy the regular Burts Bees lip balm. I must say I was blown away, so much better than the Honey and Vit E version. I would give it a perfect 10. Now my HG. The other balm made its way into my "never to be seen again drawer". I was also suduced into buying the Baby Bee hair and body wash, Baby Bee Milk Bath(I tried to tell my hubby they were for my son, which I guess they are but Mommy used them too!), and Burt's Bees Shea butter hand repair creme.
I absolutley love all of these products. They smell fantastic and are very gentle. The Milk Bath made my skin so soft and helped soothe my excema, and the hand repair creme is by far one of the best hand creams I have ever used. I think I'll pick up the Baby Bee body lotion and maybe the Orange Cream Cleanser on my next trip. Very Happy

Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella, try the lip shimmers too. My favourite is the Nutmeg. Very Happy
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
vonstella, try the lip shimmers too. My favourite is the Nutmeg. Very Happy

Will do, thanks! Very Happy

Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Let me know how you like them. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |