Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
RAVE! Jurlique Intense Recovery Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
While I was browsing on Ebay, I noticed that a seller listed this product, but it was not available on EDS or Saffronrouge.

Initially, I was reluctant to buy this because of the price ($73USD for 125ml), and being such a new product no one else had posted any reviews yet. When I emailed Jurlique about the texture/base of the mask, I found out it was made of green kaolin clay (which can be very drying and drawing when used pure) and I thought, yikes another one of those masks that dry to a really 'stiff' finish.

Also because I have such a HUGE tube, I apply lavishly generous amounts to my face after a hot shower.

As described by Jurlique
Quote:
Restoring and nurturing mask with herbal antioxidants. Intense Recovery Mask is rich in natural antioxidants and emollients t help promote a radiant complexion. For all skin types.

Texture and aesthetics:
Very similar to the Deep Penetrating mask, but a dark green colour with a very earthy and light herbal smell. It spreads very easily and does not dry up like some clay masks. Because it has an oil base, it does not dry completely and you can still smile without sprinkling your floor with mask-dust Very Happy Also, it does not dry to the same tightness as the Deep Penetrating mask which is a white kaolin clay base.

Effects: I can truly tell when my skin likes a product. I have used this mask twice a week for about a month. This mask is relatively easy to remove, rinsing with warm or hot water will be fine - I didn't need to use a sponge or cloth to wipe difficult areas. I also finish with a cold compress. Once this mask is removed, my face looks so much calmer and paler than even before I applied it. And the morning after, my skin is: calm, pores are waay smaller, any existing blemishes are greatly diminished.

If you use this mask something like 2-3 times a week for deep cleansing, you will experience more pimples and blocked pores, because all clay masks have some drawing effect.

I would really recommend this mask for those who have sensitive/irritated skin and want a healing+purifying effect from a mask.

Ingredients: water; herbal mixture from, rose, matricaria, calendula, green tea, grape seed, turmeric; green kaolin; safflower seed oil; sorbitan stearate & sucrose cocoate; glycerin; avocado oil; carrot root extract; hydrolysed soy protein; rosehip oil; evening primrose oil; lavender oil; tea tree oil; vitamin c; sodium hydromethylglycinate; lactic acid; xanthan gum; lecithin; vitamin a; aloe leaf extract; vitamin e; grapefruit seed extract; alcohol; linalool; limonene
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Is this the same as the OPC Tea Tree Beauty Mask? I've been eyeing that for a while...
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
At first I was going to say No.. but when I went to the Jurlique.com site, there was no OPC mask, and when I went to Saffronrouge, there was no Intense Recovery but the OPC had exactly the same ingredients.

I guess they must be marketed under differen names then.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Haha, thanks, this goes on my must-buy list then. Is this a deep-cleansing mask? I know the Deep Penetrating is more of a revitalizing/moisturizing mask. I have the Moor-Purifying mask and even though I like it, I don't like it enough to repurchase.

Can you please elaborate more on what it did for your skin?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with you about the Moor mask, it is rather bland, they just use normal grey kaolin, which I already have 2kgs of sitting at home, and doesn't do any better of a job than the Deep Penetrating mask!

Initially I had always thought of a *real* deep cleansing mask to be purely clay+water/hydrosol (like the Moor mask or DH cleansing clay mask), not like the Deep penetrating or this one (which is heavily oil based). But since I have started to introduce Jurlique masks to my regime, and they are very different from my expectations, I feel that they can be deep cleansing, but not as 'harsh' or 'gruesome' - ie intense purging and dryness.

In terms of immediate effects on the skin, Yes I do feel quite a lot of 'grits', those little sebum plugs or white heads, coming off my skin very easily - in fact just by touching - after leaving this mask on for more than 20 mins and rinsing in warm water. And the biggest effect is probably the next day, where I notice a lot of dead skin build up and my skin actually responds very well to an exfoliation (lots of skin piling up after rubbing).

Another not so pleasant effect on my skin, it drew out some rather deep and large blemishes (I pretty much never get them anymore Very Happy unless I use masks a lot).. When I do happen to get these I just use the masks even more, to speed up the purging and healing process. So the actual pimple never forms a white head or becomes painful, it simply comes up and goes down over 2-3 days.

I don't know if you have issues with sensitive skin that reddens even with touch, but mine is like that. But I'm really amazed that even when I rinse this mask off quite quickly and not gently at all - and under quite hot water, my skin returns to a normal colour (like if I had applied a green tea serum or something).

Another thing is, since I have rather oily skin and my sebum production is easily thrown off if I wash with harsh cleansers, I tend to have very balanced skin the day after. Perhaps the oils in the masks are being absorbed more deeply thus working even better than a face oil.

HTH and let me know how you go with this if you decide to buy it.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, thanks, definitely have to get this just for you "immediate effects". I'm getting this right after I use up my Moor mask!
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:12 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:

If you use this mask something like 2-3 times a week for deep cleansing, you will experience more pimples and blocked pores, because all clay masks have some drawing effect.

Do you really mean it'll induce more pimples/blocked pores or less?

i'm having some hard time removing my whiteheads even with DHCC! thinking of getting this as another resort...

thanks
gosa
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Well with any clay based mask, people will experience some extent of purging. What I have noticed is that I tend to get large blemishes if I do more than 1x a week.

A mask is designed to draw out impurities, bringing them to the surface faster, thus reducing blocked pores or stubborn pimples, and you can treat that accordingly with other products once they are at the surface. Even something like leaving the mask on as a spot treatment overnight may help dry the pimple up.

You may notice instantly clearer pores, but within a week you may get large blemishes, even to the extent of cystic acne.

I don't think masks are meant to get rid of pimples like a strongly astringent spot treatment, but can help totally purify the skin if you follow with a good skin care regime and DIET!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |