Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
LUSH MASKS and others
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I know LUSH is not a new brand, but I revisited it recently, fell in love with a few of their products, especially the fresh made masks (only available in stores). I tried the crash course, Brazened honey, and love lettuce. My favourite being "love lettuce", "brazened honey" comes the second, talk about detox, it's amazing.

I also tried their cuticle cream "Lemon Flutter", comes in good size, I use it as hand cream and lip balm too, great ingredients, yummy !

Aromacream (one fo their deodarant), I was skeptical at first of its effectiveness, since it doesn't have aluminium, but it TRULY WORKS and it smells great ! It's the first natural deodarant which works for me, even in HOT days.

I am still playing with my sample of "angel on bare face" cleaner, I think I am liking this one too, but not for everyday.

Other favourites are Flying fox shower gel, love the Jasmine smell, dreamwash is ok so far, very light and has a natural smell.

Other favourites anyone ?

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad someone else is aware of their products. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reviews...I have been tempted...I love their natural approach.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia wrote:
Thanks for the reviews...I have been tempted...I love their natural approach.

has anyone tried the deep cleansing mask?
Wein
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Can't say i'm aware of a deep cleansing mask. Are u talking about the minty "Mask of magnaminty"? It always seems to be outta stock whenever i want to make a purchase online!

My fav items from lush has to be ultrabland cleanser(works like dermalogica pre-cleanse to me, without the need to add water) It really removes most of the accumulated imbedded dirt on my face throughout the day, allowing me to use a gentler cleanser in the shower.

I love the scrubiness of the "Figs and leaves" soap too. surprising moisturising in winter too.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I was reading LUSH reviews on mua, many raved about the h'suan wen hua conditioner, have anyone here used it before ?

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I have some of the Lush products, beware of the coloured bath bombs, they tend to leave a coloured film on the bath, which is a shock when you have a white bath and the bomb is bright yellow Shock The Olive Branch shower gel smells divine and it washes my two poodles gorgeously and leaves them smelling fab Very Happy
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I can't even go into a store that has all the bath bombs because the smell sends me into sneezing fits.
Rosie Girl
5% products discount

Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried many of the Lush products over the past few years and I must say that I love alot of them! My personal fav's are:

- any of the Bubble Bars...especially Ruby Red Slippers (smells like carnations but only avail. at x-mas I think Crying or Very sad ), Blue Skies (very bubbly and turns water blue), Hot Java, French Kiss (has french lavender in it), and the Little Monkey bar ( smells like 'nanas!)
- Bath Melts like Ceridwen's Cauldron
- definately the S*x Bomb, Chelsea Garden, Honey Bee, and Fairy Jasmine bath bombs
- Snowcake (x-mas) and Gratuitous Violets soap off the block
- Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask is wonderful for calming hyper skin ...it contains blueberries, irish moss, calamine powder, and clay. Bad part is it only has a refrigerator life of about 21 days so you'd better use it up quickly!
- Snow Fairy (x-mas again) and Sonic Monkey shower gels

I know there's more but I can't think of them all!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am not into the face products, but nothing else lifts my spirits as well as Flying Fox Shower Gel. Try it after a stressful day!
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:
I was reading LUSH reviews on mua, many raved about the h'suan wen hua conditioner, have anyone here used it before ?

D

I have and I did a review of it...LOVE IT LOVE IT ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
i am a lush fan and love everything about lush. i've tried all of the masks & skincare (fresh & tubs)... but i wanna warn any girls who have sensitive skin to do a patch test.. coz i once bought each and every masks home, had a lot of fun putting it on, and enjoying the aroma, but after i was it off, i have red hives allover my face...it stings and burns, they go away next morning/afternoon.

so if you have sensitive skin (environmental & light sensitivity), please be caution when trying lush skincare & masks...i have no problems with body products only skin. i think they are too fresh & organic...
i have much better & safer results with jurlique.

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't used Lush for a while but your post has made me tempted to get the Cupcake mask again - I love that stuff! The Magnaminty is also very good.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
They are really generous with samples, so I got a ton of skin and body care for oily skin types. Yikes I was really disappointed, all their soaps contain SLS and made my skin squeak in a dried-out bad way.. and their face cleansers and moisturisers were just ho-hum.

I had to buy about 3kg of stuff to send overseas, and standing in that shop for 10 mins made me want to faint.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I've tired the deodorant but it gives me a rash. I took it back to the shop and the person told me that it does that to some people. The rash goes away after a couple of days. I stopped using it.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I like Lush asa concept. It's owned by the man who ran Cosmetics to Go mail order which I used to get my bath bombs (!) and soaps from when I was about 15, it's essentially the same company but shops not just mail order Smile I think I used to send off postal orders lol. I loved it.

I can still remember the smell of the milk soap, it was fantastic. There is one in the Lush shop but it doesn't seem as pure.

I went into Lush recently to get my niece some stuff and was really upset when I read the ingredients. Everything had SLS!!! Not very natural...
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I tired Mask of Magnaminty over a year ago and it really looked after my pores. The fresh smell and cool feel made me feel so relax , and the mask works wonders for my combination skin. When I wash it off, my skin is soft, radiant, and the pores are smaller.
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
i am a FAN of lush, and love all their bubble bars and bath bombs. i know people say they cant stop sneezing when they get it, and some of my friends even get DIZZY and refused to go in with me.

but trust me, girls, each bath product be it bubble bar, bath bomb, or soap, smells divine and heavenly !!!

as for skincare products, i tried 2 or 3 fresh face masks, and particular like crash course and catastrophe cosmectic.

crash course is a bit of everything, it deep cleanses, soothes, and moiturizes. my skin feels exceptionally fresh, supple and glows a bit after using it.

catastrophe cosmetic contains blueberry and helps detoxify. It is my fav because blueberry contains vit. C, which is good for us ( body and skin ! )

what annoys me a bit is that they have to be used within about 1 month from purchase ( coz they are fresh !). there are about 8 "dozes" per purchase, which means u have to use it twice a week for 1 month in a role !! but i still use it beyond the 1 month "Deadline", as long as its consistency is the same from day 1, and that it hasnt turned bad!

the fresh masks are must-trys !!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
love lush's shampoo, and body products the most, Especially the CSS shampoo which could really strengthen the hair.

that 'Minty Choc' cleasing mask is brilliant as well.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using assorted LUSH products for years, with some hits, some mehs, and some real misses. Hits for me: some of the bath bombs (avobath, a lemongrass scented one, and butterball, a cocoa butter infused vanilla musk bomb whose scent I'm not crazy about but which leaves my winter-skin feeling soft and moisterized); Skins Shangri-la, a lovely very emolient face cream that I never fly without (airplane atmosphere is like the Sahara, only without camels); Ocean Salt, a nice salt scrub that I would never use on my face but makes a nice body scrub; Buffy, a solid cocoa and shea butter based bar loaded with scrubby goodness to use in the shower everywhere except face and neck; Angels on Bare Skin, a paste of ground almonds and lavendar as a face cleanser (gently exfoliating and the almond oil feels so nice when rinsed off); and Soak and Float, a solid shampoo bar that smells unpleasantly of juniper oil but that effectively keeps scalp itching and flakiness under control. Mehs are most other bath bombs (too many flower petals, glitter, colored bath rings--cleaning up a mess isn't my idea of a good way to end a relaxing bath); shower gels (too drying and not interesting enough in the scent department to justify using); Jungle solid hair conditioner (gorgeous fruit-and-herbal scent but I couldn't get enough product on my hair to actually make a difference) and most of the other skincare products--though some of the fresh masks are pleasant enough, they have to be refrigerated and used up quickly. The misses for me include all of the lipbalms (too hard, too grainy, not emolient enough), solid bubble bath bars (not a bubble bath fan), Pied de Pepper foot cream (heavy smell of cloves and a staining light brown color), the deodorants (messy and stinging under the arms), and anything with patchouli in it (which, unfortunately, is in quite a number of products). YMMV of course--these are just my individual reactions.

Prices are kind of high, packaging is cheap and not very user-friendly, but some of the products are worth the hassle.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I loved the masks, the only thing I don't like is they don't usually have very long shelf life since they are all organic. I have to use them up in three weeks which is challenge sometime.
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
oh yes, how can i forget buffy !!

yes buffy is an excellent body scrub bar. it smells very pleasant (sniffing the back of my hand), like mild buttery and flowery. what i love best about it is how it leaves my skin when i step out from the shower.

my skin is always extra extra soft, smooth and silky. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
I tried their shampoo & bath gel, no obvious result. Recently tried another similar brand - Skin Food, the rice mask is good, My skin was clear after using it, besides, it is natural.
Sutrish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I have several LUSH favourites:
    *Ultrabland -- very thorough yet gentle makeup remover
    *All That Jasmine bath bomb -- lovely scent and colour, no floating bits or bathtub ring
    *Eau Roma Water toner -- lavender and rose waters
    *Solid shampoos -- convenient and quick to use, some wonderful scents
    *Alkmaar soap -- jasmine and honeysuckle, mmmmm
    *Silky Underwear powder -- a non-talc body powder with the scent of Alkmaar

I'm currently not enamoured with Angels on Bare Skin (too messy) and the hair conditioners, which I find leave my hair static-y.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I just tried Lush's comsmetic warrior fresh face mask.
I have used it about 3 times, and my face feels cleen smooth and pores are slightly less noticable. I have problem acne prone skin so i thought i would give this a try- it not a miracle product, my break outs are still there, but It does make my skin feel cool and calmed after I use it.

Only thing I don't like about it is that it looks and smells like a veggie dip, so having in on my face for 10 mins and smelling it makes me feel a little nautious. I think I might put some aromatherapy oil under my nose next time I use it.

The mask is "an oil absorbent clay fill mask to fight break outs and problem skin with green grapes, egg whites, antiseptic garlic and tea tree to combat inflammation"

I also tried Herbalism- which is like a cleanser- "Excellent for sensitive oily skin. Soothing powdered herbs with ground almonds to exfoliate, rice bran to absorb oil, clay to deeply cleanse, and antibacterial essential oils. Mix a small piece with water in your hand, and spread the paste all over your face"

I really like this product it makes my skin feel deep cleansed and exfoliated with out irritating my skin.

Let me know if anyone else has tried these products or others from Lush that are good for acne prone skin.

CG
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |