Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SC Vit C + E Ferulic: weird smell?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Is it just me or does this product REEK?

I find myself repulsed by the smell whenever I put it on, which makes it almost not worth it to me.

But just checking here to see if the smell is normal -- I want to make sure my product hasn't gone bad or anything. I bought some samples off eBay to give it a shot.

So far, not interested in reordering. Plain old Vitamin C seems to do the trick, w/o all the smell. Plus, I find this product pretty greasy/thick.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Janis, mine doesn't have any smell, and I'm very sensitive to smells. It doesn't feel greasy either, but it may depend on a skin type. I have combination skin. What type of skin do you have?
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Hmm, it's possible I got a bad batch then. The smell is definitely pretty potent.

I guess buying off eBay has its risks...

As far as the greasiness: my skin gets oily pretty quickly, so I might be more wary about the grease factor than others might be.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Janis try doing a search on this. I can recall reading several posts where members have mentioned that their C+E Ferulic smelled like hot dogs, sausage, etc. I considered using this at one time but honestly the comments about the smell made me cross this off my list of C serums to try. Wink
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I've seen people complain about the greasiness too - so you're not alone.
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Wow, I was trying to think of a way to describe it...and "hot dog" is perfect. Gross...

I'm about to do a search on it now.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Mine is like sausage - the strange thing is, after a certain time you get used to that and dont't notice anymore ...
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Janis wrote:
Hmm, it's possible I got a bad batch then. The smell is definitely pretty potent.

I guess buying off eBay has its risks...

As far as the greasiness: my skin gets oily pretty quickly, so I might be more wary about the grease factor than others might be.

I've got mine on Ebay too. Confused
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Janis--i don't think it's a bad batch. i have bought the c e ferulic many times from many vendors, and they all smell like hotdogs. theresaL is correct about other reviewers saying the same thing. like lin, i got used to the smell. i really like how the serum isn't too watery like some other vitamin c serums i have tried in the past. it actually feels i put some on my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Now that I come to think of it, my CE Ferulic does smell like a hot dog. I purchased mine from DermaDoctor. I am willing to put up with the hot dog, since I love the formula and it has done wonders for my skin.
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
Now that I come to think of it, my CE Ferulic does smell like a hot dog. I purchased mine from DermaDoctor. I am willing to put up with the hot dog, since I love the formula and it has done wonders for my skin.

Can I ask what exactly it does for your skin? Anyone else who's experienced positive results, please chime in.

As far as the hotdog smell, well, I put it on about 6 hrs ago and I STILL smell it on myself fainty... and it's kind of making me ill. Confused

I really don't know if I can get over this smell! Laughing
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I have been using Vit. C serum every morning since Jan. 2005 (SkinCeut C+AHA and now CE Ferulic). What I have noticed the most is that my skin is more taught under my eyes and around the jaw line. I also noticed the tone of my skin is much more even since using Vit. C, as I have had problems with mild breakouts over the years which caused blotchiness in areas of my face. And, my skin has a youthful glow (I am 41).

Also, because it is an antioxidant, it is supposed to help prevent pre-mature aging and wrinkles. Can I say that it has done this? I don't know, it is hard to say how many wrinkles I would have developed this past 1 1/2 years if I did not use it. Also, I wear an SPF 30 everyday. I think you can't have one without the other. Sunblock & Vit. C Serum go together like peanut butter & jelly!

Below is a link to an Article about Antioxidants and CE Ferulic:

http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/newsletter293.asp?WID=%7B417F7E97%2D5ECF%2D44D0%2DAB26%2D5D4FA6F2D15C%7D
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
It Does smell like a hotdog, and it made me break out like a bandit.
unsassy
5% products discount

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hot dogs, bologna, gravy- I've seen lots of different descriptions of the smell and it definitely isn't exactly ambrosia Wink. Kinda made me want to gag the first time I smelled it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |