Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New: Cleanser with sunscreen!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I just received an email from Bliss about a new Freeze 24/7 cleanser with sunscreen! It sounds too good to be true but it did receive the Skin Cancer Foundation’s World-Wide Skin Cancer Foundation Seal of Recommendation. If it works, it would be great for days when you're not going to be in the sun a whole lot and still want protection without bothering with sunscreen.
Check it out:
http://www.blissworld.com/shop/detail/FRE-13/

I wonder if it could possibly work?!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
What a fantastic idea!!
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
it does sound too good to be real
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'd be interested to see how it works - I'm sceptical atm.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
EDS also carries this. I can't help but say, "What in the world will they come up with next?" I am skeptical too and while it sounds interesting I would not feel comfortable depending on this for sun protection!! IMO sounds more like a marketing ploy than a truly effective product.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm skeptical too. I'd like to know how it's supposed to stay on.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I would definitely not trust it for good uva protection. How are you suppose to wash it off?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah...I'm not going for it either.

What happens when you wash off the cleanser?? Wouldn't the sunscreen was off as well?? Rolling Eyes
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Another skeptic here Rolling Eyes

Really, come on now...how can something be absorbed into the skin when it is washed off?? Especially if the cleanser also has a chemical sunscreen in it-- than it CAN'T work!! ARRGHH!!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
It's just a concept that doesn't make sense to me. Think
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
It's just a concept that doesn't make sense to me. Think

I don't get it either.
Grace_K
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:40 am      Reply with quote
I don't see how this should work... Embarassed
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:49 am      Reply with quote
It is not a leave-on product. You wash it off. I don't see how this sunblock could be very reliable.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I would think that the cleanser would wash the sunscreen off.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:38 am      Reply with quote
I took a look at the Skin Cancer Foundation and found their list of products which have the Seal of Recommendation. I was surprised to see they don't seem half as choosy as we are about SS. They list 6 A4 pages crammed with brand names in tiny print. They've got all kinds of not very hot brands and moisturisers with SS. Coppertone, Haiwaiian Tropics .......I'm sure lots of them are either not photostable or have very low UVA protection.
The list's here if you want to see for yourself
http://www.skincancer.org/aboutus.php
Click on 'view our list of recommended products' a few lines down on the blue, right hand panel.
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I don't thinnk so. when the cleasner is washed off, where is the spf left? if something is left, I would feel uncomfortable however!

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I took a look at the Skin Cancer Foundation and found their list of products which have the Seal of Recommendation. I was surprised to see they don't seem half as choosy as we are about SS. They list 6 A4 pages crammed with brand names in tiny print. They've got all kinds of not very hot brands and moisturisers with SS. Coppertone, Haiwaiian Tropics .......I'm sure lots of them are either not photostable or have very low UVA protection.
The list's here if you want to see for yourself
http://www.skincancer.org/aboutus.php
Click on 'view our list of recommended products' a few lines down on the blue, right hand panel.

Molly, I think the Skin Cancer Foundation just try to encourage people to use at least any s/s (which is better than nothing). Some really good s/s are much more expensive than the drug store brands, so not everybody can afford them. I believe that's why they have such a vast list.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Molly I took a look at the link you posted and my opinion is that the Seal that they give is pretty much useless. I will post here the requirements for getting the seal although I am sure you have seen them!
.A sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or greater
.Validation of the SPF number by testing on 20 people
.Acceptable test results for phototoxic reactions and contact irritation
.Substantiation for any claims that a sunscreen is water- or sweat-resistant
The really sad thing is that a suncreen does not have to meet any UVA protection requirements! Correct me if I am wrong but I thought it was both UVB and UVA rays that were responsible for skin cancer. And this is the Skin Cancer Foundation!!! Okay I am getting a little irrate here just thinking about this and will end my post at that....
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
It doesn't make me angry, but I agree with you Theresa it's truly baffling that they'd give seals of honour to so many useless products as a skin cancer foundation?!?! It just seems either ignorant or contradictory to their mission.
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Don't they already have enough products to make us all feel confused? Laughing
isachris
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
but do we need suncreen at night? Question
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |