Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Can we use natural and chemical skincare at the same time?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:12 am      Reply with quote
My concern is whether we can use oils or oil-based (natural) skincare along with chemical s/s (or other chemical products). Oils penetrate the skin deeper than chemicals, so they take all the chemicals that are supposed to stay on the surface of the skin with them. Currently I use physical s/s, but I think about switching to some stable s/s with a good UVA shield. But I think maybe I'll do more harm than good for my skin. Question

Any thoughts about this issue?
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I would be interested to know about this too.
I use a chemical SS and some natural facial products.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of people use emu oil plus other type of acids. I have used an oil as a moisturizer together with my retinoid with no problem.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Chemicals DO get absorbed right into your skin. That is why some people prefer natural products, so that they don't have unwanted toxins getting into their blood/body organs etc.
zokiy

Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Both get into your skin, it's just up to you how you feel about it I guess. And how your skin reacts to specific chemicals. I can't use any chemical stuff, I ONLY use natural skin care - as for male skin care, I can't use any chemical products, did try many times but always had allergic reactions.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everybody for your responces.

Mtview, people do a lot of different things, but they are not always right. A lot of people don't use s/s, don't have any problems with their skins, and die, in most cases, not from the skin cancers. However, we don't want to do the same, right? Wink

Lucinda, I know that chemicals do get absorbed into the skin. But using them with natural products make this absorbtion better. I avoid chemical products whenever I can, but this is not the issue with s/s, unfortunately.

Zokiy, I've read your blog, and I completely agree with everything you said. I feel sleep deprived for last 2 years, and it makes a difference in my skin (on a bad side), so I try to fix it with my skincare since I cannot get more hours to sleep. Sad
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:22 am      Reply with quote
No problem at all.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
You can use both, however, you will need to ensure that you are applying them in order so that those that penetrate the skin the furthest go on first. If you apply them in the wrong order, you would still see some benefit, but not as much as one item could form a barrier to the next keeping it from doings its full job.

If you purchase products from a great company with great customer service, they should be able to help you with which to use when, or if you have a trusted esthetician on your next visit you could discuss with her what you would like to use (bring ingredient lists) and get her take on it.

Take care.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have no problems whatsoever. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |