Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review:: PSF Pumpkin Enzyme Peel just ROCKED MY WORLD!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I found that the product was so so.BUT,then I warmed it up in a small glass container with hot water in a larger bowl.Wow,it doubled the results.Now,I am impressed with it.And,I think I will give other products a try,except Vit C.
Please be very careful if you try this method.
Hmmm, warm emu. Sounds good to me.I have mature skin,and it is not sensitive.
I just love experimenting.
Linda
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
I found that the product was so so.BUT,then I warmed it up in a small glass container with hot water in a larger bowl.Wow,it doubled the results.Now,I am impressed with it.And,I think I will give other products a try,except Vit C.
Please be very careful if you try this method.
Hmmm, warm emu. Sounds good to me.I have mature skin,and it is not sensitive.
I just love experimenting.
Linda

Linda,
How warm did you have the peel before you used it? I am thinking of ordering this peel along with the PSF acne mask. The JB peel did nothing for me- good thing I bought the small size!
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Canadian Girl,
I got it very warm,but,tested on my wrist before I put it on my face.Maybe have a damp cloth handy,just in case. I have tough skin.So if you are sensitive,it might be too much for you.
I hope you love the product and it gives you wonderful results.
Linda
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
thanks linda!
I still have to order it, but I think I will!
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi CGirl,
Please be careful,I would feel so bad if something goes wrong.But,I am sure you have a great deal of common sense.
Have fun,Linda
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Shantel,
Did the flaking eventually go away? And have you used the pumpkin peel again with the same results? I ordered a sample of this and our skin sounds about the same, so I am wondering if I should expect similar results. Also you mentioned HA and emu oil afterwords...why did you use those as your follow up? I am wondering what I should expect to have to do with my skin after the peel and if this is a good calm down, etc. Thanks! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I gave in and decided to order the PSF pumpkin mask. I had tried the Sephora brand pumpkin mask and it made my face quite red. I have also used the JB apple peel and liked it but didn't find it was my HG for peels. So I went on the PSF website and decided to order a sample of it so I wouldn't spend too much $$ if my skin doesn't respond well to it. Of course I ended up buying a whole bunch of samples which cost way more than the regular size of the Pumpkin peel would have....lol. But this way I get to try out a whole bunch of things and only buy the full sizes of the things I like! HAHA! The things we do to rationalize our purchases.

Anyway, I should be getting my samples soon so I'll post some reviews as I go through them. I'll try to leave a bit of time in between samples so I'll have a better idea which ones are making the fabulous difference I'm hoping to see in my skin!

Age 34, fair skin, freckles, strawberry blonde hair, blue/green eyes, combination skin, oily t-zone, TOTM breakouts on chin, occasionally cystic acne, no real wrinkles "YET" but do have fine lines around eyes. HG so far has been Jan Marini and Dermalogica products
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
i think i will add this with my next order also, i'm in my mid20s with combination skin. and the best thing is that it's not expensive at all.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
skin care junkie wrote:
I gave in and decided to order the PSF pumpkin mask. I had tried the Sephora brand pumpkin mask and it made my face quite red. I have also used the JB apple peel and liked it but didn't find it was my HG for peels. So I went on the PSF website and decided to order a sample of it so I wouldn't spend too much $$ if my skin doesn't respond well to it. Of course I ended up buying a whole bunch of samples which cost way more than the regular size of the Pumpkin peel would have....lol. But this way I get to try out a whole bunch of things and only buy the full sizes of the things I like! HAHA! The things we do to rationalize our purchases.

Anyway, I should be getting my samples soon so I'll post some reviews as I go through them. I'll try to leave a bit of time in between samples so I'll have a better idea which ones are making the fabulous difference I'm hoping to see in my skin!

Yes, please do post your reviews Smile.

Since I started using the PSF mask again my face doesn't seem to sting as incredibly as it did before (a couple of months ago) and make my face as red afterwards. Either it's lost it's punch b/c it's been sitting in my fridge for 6 months ( Anxious ) (has it been that long already?!) or my face is less sensitive after using Zenbiotic products...

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
Since I started using the PSF mask again my face doesn't seem to sting as incredibly as it did before (a couple of months ago) and make my face as red afterwards. Either it's lost it's punch b/c it's been sitting in my fridge for 6 months ( Anxious ) (has it been that long already?!) or my face is less sensitive after using Zenbiotic products...

Whoa, I thought my pumpkin peel lost it's oomph,too, after I quit Zenbiotic. I thought maybe it just went bad. I guess it was ZB making me less sensitive. (of, course you lasted much much longer than me.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I got it last 2 weeks.
When I applied it at first time, I felt it too strong for me.
I felt like a burn, I had to wash out immediately. Rolling Eyes
Nowadays, I still keep it and apprehensive to apply it again. Crying or Very sad
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
How long do you do the patch test and what do you all apply after you use the peel? Thanks! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
gigiab6 wrote:
How long do you do the patch test and what do you all apply after you use the peel? Thanks! Very Happy

Here's the directions from PSF's site:
"Use once to twice weekly. Apply to freshly cleansed, dry skin. Apply in a thin even layer. Avoid eye & lip areas. Leave peel on for 5 minutes, then remove with warm water & soft washcloth. Remove all traces of peel product, then tone & moisturize. It is highly recommended to follow this peel with an FDA approved sunscreen to prevent re-pigmentation due to sun exposure. Not recommended for sensitive skin types."

So I would patch test for 5 min.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks amnis...that is what I did and then immediately used the peel and I really liked it. I can't tell what it did but I felt like I had a glow...I will see how the improvement goes with the rest of the sample.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I patch it about 3 min.
Actually, I could not resist to use immediately when I got it. Confused

After peel, My face was red for a while and had nothing. Idea
During that time, I washed out within 1 min because I felt like a burn. Sad

But the burn did not as same as when I peel by AHA at beauty center. Idea
lululun
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
This may be a stupid question, but what is PSF ?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
lululun wrote:

Pure Kin Formulations. You can buy it here on EDS.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
lululun wrote:

Pure Kin Formulations. You can buy it here on EDS.

Oops, meant Pure Skin Formulations. Cut my finger last night that I cut a nerve, so I have a numb finger right now and my typing sucks.
Yulia
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of the pumkin enzyme mask, not knowing that it is not recommended for sensitive skin. It didn't take many seconds before I had to rush to the sink to wash it off again - it burned! This was not a nice tingly feeling, it was a nasty, "get-it-off-me" burning sensation which took ages to subside, and left my skin red and feeling tender. There is a reason why this is not recommended for sensitive skin, and I would seriously recommend patch testing this on a small section of your facial skin if you have sensitive skin and still want to try it.
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Yulia wrote:
I tried a sample of the pumkin enzyme mask, not knowing that it is not recommended for sensitive skin. It didn't take many seconds before I had to rush to the sink to wash it off again - it burned! This was not a nice tingly feeling, it was a nasty, "get-it-off-me" burning sensation which took ages to subside, and left my skin red and feeling tender. There is a reason why this is not recommended for sensitive skin, and I would seriously recommend patch testing this on a small section of your facial skin if you have sensitive skin and still want to try it.

Sound it so sad for me. Crying or Very sad
Actually, when I tested with my arm, it was ok.
It is very pity for my money. Crying or Very sad
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Yulia wrote:

Yulia, how long did it take for the redness and tenderness to go away? I was thinking of trying this, but my skin is sensitive to some products so I am a bit hesitant.
orionomega
5% products discount

Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'd be careful, as stated before, if you have sensitive skin. I've used my sample 3 times so far and 1 time it didn't feel like it was doing anything and another time it felt equivalent in "bite" to the JB apple peel, the third time I used it there really was noticeably greater burning quality to it.

Since I only have a sample I can't review it very well but I'd say it is as good as or better than Juice Beauty (which I have had as a full-size). Your skin feels glowy and smooth afterwards for at least a day or two.

I'm 43 and I'd say it was definitely a valuable option for my age group.
Yulia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Diana P, the intense burning started to fade soon after washing the mask off, but the burning and redness lingered to a lesser degree for an hour or so. Maybe "ages" was a slight exaggeration...
Jin
5% products discount

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I like Peel products.I'm going to try it!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I got this peel a few weeks ago and have now used it 3 times. The first time I didn't put too much on and let sit for 15 mins- it did sting a bit. I thought it only made a slight difference in my skin. The next 2 times, I really layered it on, and left it on for 30 mins, and then rinsed off- but used really warm water. The warm water caused the peel to sting a bit more- but my skin is pretty tough so it isn't too bad for me. But the results were great. My skin was immediately smoother and brighter.

I think the warm water really activated the peel somehow, and like linda suggested earlier, next time I will warm the actual peel first and then put it on.

HTH
CG
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |