Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review:: PSF Pumpkin Enzyme Peel just ROCKED MY WORLD!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
This peel sounds awesome, i have tried a couple of gentle peels but they just dried my skin and im scared to use any peel now. I wonder how is this peel or if there is any peel safe for dry skin and for late 20's?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Angel, it's not essential to use a peel type acid. If you've got dry skin it might be better to use a buffered, leave on, product. Glycolic at 8-10% has a water-binding, moisturising effect as well as exfoliating the horny layer. So you'd be getting the same result but without the dryness.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies!

I am 40, OK - 41 Embarassed , and I love Pumpkin Peel! My skin is not sensitive at all, so I usually leave it on for good 30 - 45 minutes (sometimes even a full hour Shock ).

Rubby Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:55 am      Reply with quote
OOOH! hello Rubby! Very Happy

I leave it on for ages as well. It still continues to scare the beejeezus out of guapaboy though Rolling Eyes

...anyone else noticed that their lips get swollen a bit when they use it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I'm reviewing this after using it twice. Let's just say i'm another one who will toss out my beloved JB Green Apple peel. Only because the PSF one is cheaper and delivers equivalent, if not better, results. It's hard to compare the degree of "glowiness" and scar-fading but the PSF mask does the same as JB's peel- smooth, glowy skin that lasts a few days, less apparent pores and scars. Also "kills off" tiny pimples at the end of their lifespan (you know those pimples that need the extra kick to leave your face). I love using this! Stings on application but doesn't leave me red (I have fairly resilient skin). I keep mine in the fridge.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. Just used the pumpkin peel last night for the first time.

No sting, must be the age factor. I left it on for about 5 minutes.

It did not rock my world either but my pores seem to be cleaner and smaller. Or this might just be my imagination Exclamation

Might have to go for the big guns when I finish this pot.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I pressed the submit button, nothing happened and I pressed it again.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. Just used the pumpkin peel last night for the first time.

No sting, must be the age factor. I left it on for about 5 minutes.

It did not rock my world either but my pores seem to be cleaner and smaller. Or this might just be my imagination Exclamation

Might have to go for the big guns when I finish this pot.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
For those who is not experiencing any world rocking - just try it after using 2-5% Salycrilic acid followed by 15% Mandelic (used for a week on daily basis). Bad Grin That's what I did and now I am thinking it was the main reason for the reaction/results I got. I am totally cutting on Mandelic Acid -- too strong and irritating for me. I can barely handle it using twice a week.

Also I am currently loving PSF's MicroCrystal - nothing rocking, just nice & smooth... I will continue using it and if it is really as good as I think it is now, I will certainly write a review.

With pumpkin peel I guess the bottom line is: it is much better (and cheaper) compare to some peoples' beloved JB Green Apple Peel. I just did it few days ago -- nothing noticeable. My skin felt smoother but didn't look any different... but only one thing... it might be my imagination but I think JB Green Apple peel have some lightening/brightening effect though. I will do PSF Pumkin Peel next week again & I will pay attention on how much brighter my skin looks after & will post an update.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Mandelic Acid -- too strong and irritating for me. I can barely handle it using twice a week.

Shantel Shock that's hardly surprising if you're also using Salicylic, PSF pumpkin and now the micro-crystals. I don't think anyone could handle all of that at once. Especially as you're under 25 so your horny layer exfoliates quickly and naturally anyway so it's thinner than someone who's older.

The Mandelic is the loveliest exfoliant I ever used, but I'd never run it at the same time as all of those.
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Quote:
Mandelic Acid -- too strong and irritating for me. I can barely handle it using twice a week.

Shantel Shock that's hardly surprising if you're also using Salicylic, PSF pumpkin and now the micro-crystals. I don't think anyone could handle all of that at once. Especially as you're under 25 so your horny layer exfoliates quickly and naturally anyway so it's thinner than someone who's older.

The Mandelic is the loveliest exfoliant I ever used, but I'd never run it at the same time as all of those.

Molly, you are very trusted and knowledgeable person here, so I would sincerely love to hear your suggestions.
My situation: I am 24, with acne prone skin & clogged pores. I have a good enough genetic, healthy enough lifestyle, I do my best (time+money) to take a good care of my skin... and it is really frustrating when you are trying really hard and see no results!
Currently I am satisfied (somewhat) with my skin overall, but it seems like I always have something: either clogged pores, whiteheads or my recent red marks (that I am fighting currently... not successfully unfortunately.... don't know what to do.... just ordered MSM cream).
So based on my experience Salicylic Acid (2%) is the only product that keeps my pores clean & small, so I really don't see myself giving it away. If I do not use it in the morning my pores are clogged by 3 pm. Also that is the only active I use on the daily basis (I use HA on a daily basis too but it is obviously totally different).
PSF peel - once a week... is it too often? I use it in hope to fade my acne scars & even out the skin tone. By all means if you have some other suggestions I would really appreciate those.
PSF Microcrystal - I use it to eliminate flakes, because otherwise I can't even use make-up & it looks really bad.
BHA+Mandelic combination - definitely was too much for me... I am cutting Mandelic to 1 (max 2) times per week if at all.
Every night I am using HA + Emu Oil

Please let me know if it is really that harsh for 24 years old! Also anything you could suggest will be greatly appreciated.

PS I can't use Serum C -- break me out badly

TIA
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Shantel. I didn't mean to have a go at you. I just wonder if you realise that the skin is thinner and more vulnerable to UV damage when you are as young as you and you're making it thinner with all these things.

I do think it's way too much altogether, really Confused but I can imagine you're a bit desperate to fix your acne.

I've no experience of that so I should just shut up Very Happy I'm sure someone else would help you better with that.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Shantel,
I am still trying to figure out how to control my acne so I am no expert but IMO you are overexfoliating and irritating your skin which is propably making your acne worse. You should not need to use the PSF Microcrystal to remove flakes since your skin should not be flaking! Unless you do a peel or start using a new active (retinoid, AHA, etc.) in which case you would experience temporary flaking. The normal state of your skin should not be flaking. Salicylic Acid is supposed to be very good at controling acne so you may want to leave that in your routine. Or you could replace the salicylic with the Mandelic Acid. If you are using the Vivant the alcohol content may be part of the problem. Don't use both for now. You first need to get your skin to a point where it is not flaking, not irritated and is healthy. Then you can consider adding other actives to try to control your acne. So my advice is to get rid of all the acitves or only keep one (SA is probably your best bet at this point) until your skin calms down. I would think that your skin barrier is compromised with all the products you are using and you need a healthy skin barrier if you are ever going to get your acne under control. I am dealing with clogged pores too and don't have easy answers but I do know that overdoing it is not the answer.HTH
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Shantel
I agree with Theresa, especially about compromising your skin barrier. You shouldn't be flaking. That's usually a sign that you're over-exfoliating. Although some people tolerate it as a result of an extreme anti-aging approach.

In fact what you say you do doesn't sound so bad. It just seems every time I see you you've added another peel or scrub and I go Shock

I'd stay with the salicylic, emu, HA and give the other acids/scrubs a rest for a few weeks. Your red marks should heal naturally anyway in 3 weeks or so.

Have you tried using oils to combat your oil production. It would certainly be a gentler approach. I know a lot of people recommend it. Ylang Ylang for example. There's a thread by Carekate about it somewhere.

I'm going to try and find out more about AHAs and the under 25s.

See you
Molly Smile
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I've PMed Darren of PSF and asked him to post his view about AHA use and the under 25s.
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi i have used the pumpkin peel twice now and am very impressed. My skin look so fresh and clean. I kept it on for 10 minutes but i am not as naughty as you are rubby Laughing
I am so glad i listened to all the raves about this awesome product and purchased it.
No one sell PSF in NZ.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
i am nearly 30
i wonder it helps to even my complexion or not as the result from using green apple peel is just so so
wired

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Had forgotten all about the pumpkin peal till reading this thread so, like a good girl went and slapped it all over my face and neck Anxious

I did get some irritation the last few times I used it but I think it's because I have been using RetinA with hydroquin. But for now it feels ok on my face.

My biggest problem is staining all my face towels(white). Even after a normal wash they still look like someone spewed on them Sad
The bright side is that no one else goes near them Wink

And for someone who asked about its life shelf....I've had mine for over a year now and take it away with me on trips and never bothered to refrigerate it and it is still perfectly alright. Smile
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I've used the pumpkin peel a few times and it didn't do anything for me at all. BUT....I'm going to try again, leaving it on much longer, with fingers crossed.
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
That's ironic-- I just looked at my jar in the frig this morning and thought "I need to use that again since it's been a couple of months since I have". I just wish it didn't sting so much! It leaves my face quite red for about an hour after I use it.

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Could someone please let me know if it helps even out complexion tone? Also, does it cause any one else to flake? This mask does sound lovely.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am 25 and I love the PSF Pumpkin Peel - it is awesome. It does sting for me when I apply it, though, but I am able to leave it on until it completely dries, and then I rinse it off.

I'm not sure if it evens out my complexion or not, but I don't peel with this. I find that it helps a lot with the large pores on my nose.
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. I will definitely try this one. Though the JB Apple Peel sounds good too...

too many choices. My credit card is suffering from severe overuse.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've been reading what everyone has to say about the PSF pumpkin peel and I'd like to try it. I had a sample of Sephora's "The Great pumpkin mask" so I tried that tonight. It did burn a bit, I kept it on for about 12 minutes and when I took it off I found that my face was a bit red, especially my chin, which was the area I was hoping would look less red (where my acne scaring is).

My face certainly doesn't look or feel any better, but it's only been about 15 minutes since I took off the mask. Are these pumpkin masks suppose to lessen the look of skin discolorations and red acne marks? And if so how long does it take to see results? Has anyone else used the Sephora pumpkin mask before and if so how does it compare to the PSF pumpkin peel?

Oh, by the way my skin type is combination with monthly breakouts on my chin. I'm pale with freckles and have some red acne scaring on my chin (which drives me nuts!). I don't have any real heavy wrinkles yet but do have lines around my eyes. I'm 32 years old.

Any and all advice would be helpful! Thanks Smile

Age 34, fair skin, freckles, strawberry blonde hair, blue/green eyes, combination skin, oily t-zone, TOTM breakouts on chin, occasionally cystic acne, no real wrinkles "YET" but do have fine lines around eyes. HG so far has been Jan Marini and Dermalogica products
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I heard that collagen production was the highest during your 20's in general, so by using peels, you are maximising this collagen. Maybe its just that you dont need to stimulate it during your 20's.

I am 29 and used this peel a year or two ago. I LOVED it! I loved the results and the smell and the texture, but because I got annoyed about oredering it as I liked to wait for a big order, I never got around to repurchasing. So now I will probably repurchase! Thanks alot you guys!! Mad But I do love it,it truly is a remarkable product, and well done to PSF.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |