Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: (Rave)Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I am officially in with this hand creme. I devloped a form of excema on my hands while I was pregnant that caused my hands to crack and bleed. If that wasnt bad enough it started to spread to my cuticles. It was a constant source of embarrassment, my hands felt like sandpaper when I shook with someone, and they looked nasty to boot.Sad My husband has taken to calling them my "paws".Rolling Eyes I have been searching for the better part of a year to find something that would bring me some sort of relief(I refuse to use topical steriods). Most products would work for about 30 mins. then the effects would wear off and I was back to looking terrible once again. This is the first product that has been continuously moisturizing and actually seems to be healing my hands. Joy! It also stays on even after I wash my hands. My derm told me I had to aviod water to get my hands back into shape, but having a baby and doing house work made this a very impractial(if not unsanitary)order. One of the reasons I love that this seems to "stick" to your hands even when you wash.

Burt's Bees Shea butter hand repair creme, with Coco butter and Sesame oil. Penetrating botanical butters repair and protect rough, chapped hands. 98.00% natural. Not tested on animals.

Ingredients:
Rose Water, Sunflower Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Beeswax, Vegetable Glycerin, Seasame Oil, Shea Butter, Macadamia Nut Oil, Glucose, Rose Hip Seed Oil, Lavender Oil, Willow Bark Extract, Calendula Flower Extract, Plantain Leaf Extract, Lady's Mantle Leaf Extract, Rose Oil, Neroli Oil, Borage Oil, Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Rosemary Extract, Vegetable Oil, Beta Carotene, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase (Natural Enzymes)

Description:
Its comes in a one size purple tube-3.18 oz. Its a yellow, thick cream, it goes on kind of greasy but within a few mins sinks in and stays put. There is also no gritty feel like some lotions containing Shea butter tend to have. It does have a strong Lavenderish smell that may put off some people but it doesnt bother me at all.

Price:
I paid about 8.99$USD+tax at Whole foods. Very fair considering you dont need alot of product.

Downside:
It comes with a screw on cap that Im not crazy about, and I think the scent might turn some people off, but I find it very relaxing.

Overall:
I an very satisfied with my purchase, almost everything I have tried from this line has surprised me with its quality and effectiveness. This also works wonders with at home pedicures and dry elbows and knees. Im just so happy that my hands are getting better. Very Happy

*At drugstore.com all Burt's Bees products are on sale. Actually, most everything is on sale up to 40% off with free standard shipping on 49$ or over. HTH! Smile

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I love L'Occitane's Shea Butter handcream so i'd like to try the B Bees one.
It sounds like what my post-winter hands need.

I am also liking The Body Shop's Intensive Almond rescue cream.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme too. I noticed a difference after the first use. All the dry lines on my hands were gone. I was impressed. Very Happy
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I love L'Occitane's Shea Butter handcream so i'd like to try the B Bees one.
It sounds like what my post-winter hands need.

I tried this one but the gritty texture turned me off... Confused

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I don't remember mine being gritty.
maybe I had a different batch.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
I love the L'occitane one too for dermatitis on my hands, so Im really interested in trying the Burts Bees. May work out cheaper aswell.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I don't remember mine being gritty.
maybe I had a different batch.

I have only used sample sizes, I dont know if that would make a difference....I was surprised actually after all the raves about it...I should go into a store and try it, maybe the samples I used were old. However Burt's Bees works so well Im not really tempted to stray now... Wink

rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I think this will be next on my list to buy, I am a bit of a handcream junkie and love the Burt's Bees Banana and Beeswax....although I am also tempted by the Almond Rolling Eyes Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have a problem if it semells as nice as the Lemon Butter Cuticle cream as I always want to eat my fingers.
Razz
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I like the scent, when I read the reviews for it on Drugstore.com some people said that it was too "herbal" smelling.Eh? I like these kinds of scents, it didnt make me want to eat my fingers but it does make me carry it around the house needlessly reapplying! My husband wont let me hold the remote or touch doorknobs anymore! Laughing

Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I think this will be next on my list to buy, I am a bit of a handcream junkie and love the Burt's Bees Banana and Beeswax....although I am also tempted by the Almond :roll: :lol:

I have the almond one and it's... well it's not the best. I hear the banana one is much better. Has anyone here tried both?

I have a major problem with how the Shea Butter cream smells. I would not describe it as smelling like lavender, but like medicine hell. :) It actually smells so bad I refuse to use it, and the one time I used it in public I was embarassed to have that stench coming from me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I have a major problem with how the Shea Butter cream smells. I would not describe it as smelling like lavender, but like medicine hell. Smile It actually smells so bad I refuse to use it, and the one time I used it in public I was embarassed to have that stench coming from me.

I dont know if Id go quite so far as to say medicine hell... Rolling Eyes I remember saying a "strong lavenderish smell".

I think people who are more akin to "natural" products wouldnt be so off put by the smell, and really it doesnt even linger more than 5 mins. It could smell like a foot and Id probably use it because it WORKS...ok maybe not a foot... Laughing

majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
My husband wont let me hold the remote or touch doorknobs anymore! Laughing

Sorry, Vonstella, but I'm here to tempt you with yet another recommendation! Laughing

My hands can get appallingly dry. Seriously, they can shrivel up like an 80 year old's and crack, becoming really sore.

Recently, I've had the best results ever with Candessence Encore Handcream. It's a lovely lotion that feels fairly light, but is extremely moisturising. There are a choice of fantastic scents - my absolute favourite that drives all my friends wild with envy is the Butter Nut scent.

Best of all, Encore sinks into your hands, leaving them feeling very soft and comfortable - no yucky greasy doorknobs for me anymore! Laughing

I still use my Kiehls Intensive Treatment at night, but the addition of the Encore has made my hands softer and look younger than I ever thought possible. I cannot recommend this stuff enough, and I know I'm not the only fan around here.

You can buy Candy's fabulous lotions and potions here - http://www.candessence.com
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
vonstella wrote:

Sorry, Vonstella, but I'm here to tempt you with yet another recommendation! Laughing

My hands can get appallingly dry. Seriously, they can shrivel up like an 80 year old's and crack, becoming really sore.

Recently, I've had the best results ever with Candessence Encore Handcream. It's a lovely lotion that feels fairly light, but is extremely moisturising. There are a choice of fantastic scents - my absolute favourite that drives all my friends wild with envy is the Butter Nut scent.

Best of all, Encore sinks into your hands, leaving them feeling very soft and comfortable - no yucky greasy doorknobs for me anymore! Laughing

I still use my Kiehls Intensive Treatment at night, but the addition of the Encore has made my hands softer and look younger than I ever thought possible. I cannot recommend this stuff enough, and I know I'm not the only fan around here.

You can buy Candy's fabulous lotions and potions here - http://www.candessence.com

Yes, I just got owned by Candy via PM... Embarassed
Hope she doesnt have an connections with the DP.! Laughing

Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
vonstella wrote:

I agree with Majorb! I adore my Encore hand lotion and carry it with me everywhere I go! I'm almost done with my beloved Pink Sugar fragrance...but I think I will have to try the Butter Nut scent next!

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad you found a product working for you. That's the important thing! But, what's with all those ingredients? Shock I hate when things are used I can't even pronounce. I know some products have lotsa preservatives in them. So glad you listed the ingred., having never tried BB's, I always thought they stayed away from those things.

Thanks majorb for your post. Reminds me I need to check Candys products for an ingredient list too.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:15 am      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:
I'm glad you found a product working for you. That's the important thing! But, what's with all those ingredients? Shock I hate when things are used I can't even pronounce. I know some products have lotsa preservatives in them. So glad you listed the ingred., having never tried BB's, I always thought they stayed away from those things.

Thanks majorb for your post. Reminds me I need to check Candys products for an ingredient list too.

See my previous post...

debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Confused Sorry, which one?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:42 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
majorb wrote:
vonstella wrote:

Yes, I just got owned by Candy via PM... Embarassed
Hope she doesnt have an connections with the DP.! Laughing

Debbied, sorry this one(above), I got a valuable lesson on "crap" fillers. Laughing Candy schooled me on quality ingreds. *waving to Candy* I am awaiting one of her bodybutters, Im sure it will be great, especially with all the raves around here! And you cant beat the price even with shipping...Here is what she informed me on the ingred. of BB"s the ()'s are her info.:

Rose Water (1st tip, water in any form should not be the 1st ingredient in a Shea butter cream - call me silly, but shouldn't it be Shea butter?), Sunflower Oil(Cheap oil, it's a filler, keep the sunflower oil in your kitchen - not your skin), Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Beeswax, Vegetable Glycerin,(these 3 are to help make the butter/cream come back to a butter/cream after they melted the sh*t outta the good stuff they actually DID use) Seasame Oil (Again, a cheap oil that has no skin benefits, belongs in the kitchen ), Shea Butter, Macadamia Nut Oil,(Finally, the Shea & a decent oil) Glucose (No idea why this would be in here), Rose Hip Seed Oil, Lavender Oil, Willow Bark Extract, Calendula Flower Extract, Plantain Leaf Extract, Lady's Mantle Leaf Extract, Rose Oil, Neroli Oil, Borage Oil,(excellent oils for your skin & scenting - but considering what this product is I'm sure the nutrients had been melted out of these) Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier),(lol, ok - because they added Glucose {aka, sugar} they now have to add a sugar emulsifier., good gosh...) Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A),(interesting addition, but as this product has no sunscreen I hope you're using one OR only using at night ) Rosemary Extract,(preservative) Vegetable Oil,(and again, a cheap filler oil) Beta Carotene,(another Vitamin A, why if the Retinyl is in here?) Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase (Natural Enzymes)(These last items are pointless)

Hope you dont mind I reposted this Candy!
Very Happy Now I still like this product b/c it does work, but if I can get more natural ingred., then Im all for it, plus Im sure that Candy's butters smell better! Wink

debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much vonstella! Now I understand too! Dancing The girl makes sense, well most the time (I understand some folks here send her to her room quite often...i dunno what thats about... Wink ) So glad you reposted it, and please do so in the future, better yet pm me, I need to know these things! Have a great day!

p.s. about her butters, the food types smell so good you'll want to eat them...kinda a treat if you limit yourself on sugar and sweets and generally most things tasty! Laughing
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Oh definitely, debbied - the chocolate-scented ones especially! Very Happy

Vonstella - Hope you love the Body Butter. What scent did you choose?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Oh definitely, debbied - the chocolate-scented ones especially! Very Happy

Vonstella - Hope you love the Body Butter. What scent did you choose?

I trusted Candy to choose for me, I just told her I liked foodie scents, especially chocolate, vanilla and coconut...Im learning to just let Candy do whatever she wants or else she pulls rank! Laughing Wink

majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:37 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
I trusted Candy to choose for me, I just told her I liked foodie scents, especially chocolate, vanilla and coconut...Im learning to just let Candy do whatever she wants or else she pulls rank! Laughing Wink

Ooh, so it'll be a surprise! Exciting! Very Happy

As for Candy, it must be the policewoman in her! Laughing

Seriously, though, she's pretty good at picking stuff for people that they'll really like. You can definitely trust her on that.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
i love this stuff! I was going to post a review today! It's fantastic, I'm putting it on now:)
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
vonstella wrote:

Ooh, so it'll be a surprise! Exciting! Very Happy

As for Candy, it must be the policewoman in her! Laughing

Seriously, though, she's pretty good at picking stuff for people that they'll really like. You can definitely trust her on that.

Exactly! Laughing I have two brothers that are PO's too, its like you have to let them be in charge, which is hard b/c Im a strong personality myself. Candy is awesome though and if she wants to tell me whats best for me then Ill let her! Laughing Very Happy I just thought it was funny that I got in "trouble" by her! Shock

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |