Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Darphin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried it? It's quite pricy so I just wanted to know if it's a good liine. Thanks!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
ahau I have tried several Darphin face cream and serum samples and while I absolutly love the texures of their products most of them irritated my skin. I really love their mascara though and fortunatly I don't experience any irritation from this.
If you do a search, I know that you will find quite a bit of info on this brand. HTH
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, TheresaL.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:42 am      Reply with quote
i've used the vitaserum for eyes, which worked quite well - it has a watery consistency and absorbs into the skin very quickly

also have tried a few sample of other products, but i got a feeling that the line is an overpriced version of decleor..
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:09 am      Reply with quote
I was given the rose oil as part of a testing thing for beauty bible and within 3-4 days my skin was like a crocodiles! Shock It smelled really like synthetic rose as well :-&

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
got a few samples and i loved the textures and smells... but in the end it turned out to make my skin bad Sad i agree abt darphin being a more expensive version of decleor.. but i like decleor products. hehe
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:13 am      Reply with quote
One of my girlfriends has the Darphin range and she really likes them and feels they have helped her skin tons...don't know which products she uses or how bad her skin was before she started - but she har fantastic skin now!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
stephanie128
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I use the moisturising face mask from darphin and love it! My face feels soft and smooth after using it. However, I do find darphin products a little pricey though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
yeah its the expensive version of decleor! lol. but i like some of their oils and the purifying balm is good!

I dont like the scent of the rose oil as well..

the camomille smells like the Decleor Neroli oil

i absolutely love the 8 nectar oil though
whwowowow

there are a lot of threads about darphin n decleor! feel free to read them
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm using the cleansing milk for sensitive skin and hydrating mask.
The cleansing milk is good, not irritated my skin, I love the smell and soften my skin.
But the hydrating mask just so so.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I used hydrating light when I was suffering bad acnes two years ago. It was good and worth to try.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
First of all, a little history :

Darphin first opened an institute for beauty in Paris back in 1958. Created by Pierre Darphin, this institute catered to hair, skin and body in a spa like setting. Places like this were uncommon back then and Darphin created a one of a kind business with nothing but the best staff available in areas of beauty such as cosmetology, massage, manicure, and pedicure. A stringent interview process was used for each client and helped determine what the best course of treatment would be. The factors involved in Darphin’s selection process were skin tone, lifestyle, and even genetic predisposition.

During that time Darphin consulted with many different people in their varying fields of expertise. These ranged from estheticians to massage therapists. He required all of his clientele visiting his beauty institute have an extensive interview process in which he examined lifestyle choices and the state of their skin and hair. He would then recommend different products based on his findings. This relationship is the basis of how the company operates today. There approach is one of individuality. Darphin believes that each person’s body is different and their lifestyle needs are different as well.

The success of the products bloomed and the DARPHIN philosophy of skin care attained an almost cult-like following. Despite the demand, Mr. Darphin insisted on seeing each client personally to prescribe her appropriate products and skin care regimens--sometimes seeing up to fifty clients per day. The word spread about the amazing products that virtually changed problem skin to perfect skin, and the line branched out from France to neighboring countries.

Though i have been using Decleor's Ylang + Hydra Floral + Matt Purete , i've started to switch to Darphin Oily Skin range since i got a good deal on ebay.

I really like the smell of these three products. The Naoili care is a little heavy though, smells medicinal, put it really does help in purfying the skin.

There are techniques to put these stuff. They are carefully explained on the Darphin website

Basically, put the serum first, then the cream (and add the Naoili before the cream at night). The serum + matt fluid has a VERY refeshing very purfying smell. I can't explain it, but after putting it on,i can still smell them when im on the metro.

they really do a great job at keepin the skin from gettin oily!! My face is usually oily after 2 hours (when i dont put anything), but now its been more than 6 hours and it's not as oily as it usually is!! I think it is on par with my Decleor stuff. I'm interested to try the other line.

I already have the Tangering + Arovita C range, and i will review it once i start using it!
EskieServant
5% products discount

Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:40 am      Reply with quote
This is the only product I can use in the entire line - I can't even use the Fibrogene Cream or the Serum - just the Balm. Had a sample, tried it and it works. I use it over a Cle de Peau cream. At least I get 1.7 oz (50 ml)!
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
which product? is it because of the price?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
They have the best eye make-up remover. Period. None of Chanel, L'oreal , Juvena eye make-up removers can beat this one. Non-oily and efficient, does not leave anything on the eyes, extremely gentle and calming. And you dont have to wash it off like others.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
haha probably the priciest one too? Very Happy
EskieServant
5% products discount

Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Wasn't sure if your query re why only the Fibrogene Balm was for me - the reason is that I am allergic to all of the rest! Same old story with me - I seem to have one product from a couple of lines - and they always do away with it. I did try the samples of the Fibrogene cream and the serum I received in the GWP - couldn't use either - and I had to give away the body gel as the orange "aroma" was just too much for me - brought on the ocular rosacea although obviously no where near my face. Forget essential oils of any form - in particular lavender. Then we have lily, rose and the list goes on.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
did u try the Intral line for sensitive skin? Ive heard quite good stuff bout that line, esp the Intral Toner.
EskieServant
5% products discount

Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
a shot. But the rosacea flared or my allergies kicked in. One of the worst ingredients for me is oleander and of course I have a half-dead oleander tree on the front lawn that the city won't let me cut down and my American Eskimo likes to roll in the blossoms, then roll on my pillow and then both of us have allergy attacks - only I am the one allergic to anti-histamine. I am just grateful that I can use the Fibrogene Balm. Apparently Holt's has had good success with this particular product and with people like me who can't tolerate the other products with high levels of botanicals. I was disappointed that I had a reaction to the serum - and that there wasn't a hydrator that I could use - a hydrating serum/cream topped with a rich day cream is responsible for my skin today, such as it is at almost 59 since fillers are out as well - allergic.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:29 am      Reply with quote
ouch, sorry to hear that, seems like its so hard to find products for sensitive skin; i shud be lucky
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I used it religiously for years, until Estee Lauder bought them and changed the formulas of the products I used, now I find it irritating to my skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:15 am      Reply with quote
which ones were u using?
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
the prices are so high that I am fraid to try them

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I used Darphin' Hydraskin light two years ago when my skin was really bad. It was really hydrating and not irriating my skin at all. Having a look the ingredients, I don't think it is reasonable to price at that level.
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I think the price for Darphin is not really good.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Clarks Botanicals Retinol Rescue Overnight Cream (50 ml) Osea Ocean Lotion (180 ml / 6 floz) Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml)