Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Clinical Concentrate Radiance Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Thalgo Marine Shower Gel (250 ml / 8.45 floz) Skeyndor Essential Wheat Germ Oil Nourishing Cream (50 ml)
Best Sunscreen Product Out There!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kakarot
5% products discount

Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering what people think is the best out there. I'm thinking something that probably uses Titanium Dioxide or Zinc Oxide, blocks UVA and UVB, but is non greasy, clogging or makes your face irritated at all or pasty white as my current titanium dioxide sunblock does.

Something that is light and easy to apply. In short, the best out there period. Any thoughts?
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have been on a SS quest too, I read this thread recently, sounds great and cheap...I think Im gonna buy it. HTH! Very Happy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15898

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Anything with mexoryl- It's just been approved for sale in the U.S. by the F.D.A. L'oreal owns the rights to it.
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I recently purchased the clarins UV plus on recommendation of some people here - it's spf 40, physical block only(titanium dioxide), very very light, no white cast, not greasy, in short, a minor miracle. Very Happy
and so far(I've been using it about a week) it has not irritated my very very sensitive, finicky skin. Hurray! only downside is it is a very tiny bottle...
HTH
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi elizasue - I love the Clarins eye cream SS.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
i do agree with Emma here, the clarins eye sunscreen is the best!

for the whole face, i love japanese sunscreens. so milky, light and nice. they make me ENJOY putting sunscreen on, something i thought would never happen. specifically, i like sofina and sunkiller. excellent.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:10 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
i do agree with Emma here, the clarins eye sunscreen is the best!

for the whole face, i love japanese sunscreens. so milky, light and nice. they make me ENJOY putting sunscreen on, something i thought would never happen. specifically, i like sofina and sunkiller. excellent.

I am chasing you today.
Razz

I tried my Vichy Milk / gel SS around my eyes yesterday to see if I'd need to get a separate SS for my eyes.

Well, after my eyes had stopped running I realised I did.
They stung really badly.
The Clarins one is fabulous as I can get it into my eyes by accident and it never ever stings.
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Remede spf 30!
dolly*eye
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote for Clarins UV Plus SPF 40!
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
My favorite is the LRP Dermo-Peds spf 40 Spray. It dries to a matte finish and has the mexoryl/tinosorb ingredients. It also stays on well even through watersports activities.

I like the Cellular Skin Rx one and the Shisheido spf 55 for everyday use under-makeup.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

pH Advantage Basics, One-Step Cleanser Fragrance-Free (236 ml / 8 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Root Resilience Nourishing Scalp Conditioner (177 ml / 6 floz) glotherapeutics Gentle Enzyme Exfoliant (73 ml / 2.5 floz)