Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best masque for combo, very acne-prone skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TOGirl75
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've read a ton of posts and product reviews and it seems like the below 3 masques are big favorites for my skin type. Now, which should I order?

MD Formulations Vit-A-Plus Clearing Complex Masque
DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask
Dermalogica Power Vitamin Recovery Masque

I have alot of acne scarring and huge pores also, so need something to refine my skin.

I should mention I started using Avene Diacneal last night and have been using it every other night.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
TOGirl75 wrote:
I've read a ton of posts and product reviews and it seems like the below 3 masques are big favorites for my skin type. Now, which should I order?

MD Formulations Vit-A-Plus Clearing Complex Masque
DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask
Dermalogica Power Vitamin Recovery Masque

I have alot of acne scarring and huge pores also, so need something to refine my skin.

I should mention I started using Avene Diacneal last night and have been using it every other night.

To be fair I have not tried the three you mentioned above, but I also have acne-prone skin. Mine will get very irritated and more oily if I use the wrong mask. For about the last 3 years I have been using Fresh Umberian Clay treatment Bar, by far the best mask I have ever used to deep clean, refine pores, exfoilate, and keep the oilies at bay. It has never caused anytype of reaction. The mask comes very oddly packaged as a little brick that you wet and rub on your face, anyway, they last forever, I had my first one for 2 years...
HTH! Very Happy

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the three masks that you mentioned. My favourite deep cleansing mask is Earth to Body Clay-Neem Treatment (www.earthtobody.ca ). It comes in a powder so you can add whatever you want to make your paste (I mix mine with Tea Tree Oil and water).

The Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel and Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel are incredible for fading those acne scars.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
I haven't tried the three masks that you mentioned. My favourite deep cleansing mask is Earth to Body Clay-Neem Treatment (www.earthtobody.ca ). It comes in a powder so you can add whatever you want to make your paste (I mix mine with Tea Tree Oil and water).

The Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel and Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel are incredible for fading those acne scars.

Yen...do you think the mask would be just as effective without Tea Tree oil?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:37 am      Reply with quote
i've tried origin's mud mask which is quite good for combination skin
dr hauschka's clay mask is pretty good as well, but a bit clumsy to use since u have to mix it into a paste
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Yen...do you think the mask would be just as effective without Tea Tree oil?

Yes, you can add whatever you want to make the paste. The salesperson even suggested yogurt. It's all up to you. It's all natural so you can experiment. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I have only used the Dermalogica Vitamin mask and I love it but I use it to moisturize and de-stress my skin. Not to clear my skin or tighten my pores. For those two objectives I would use either:

Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser (I use this as a mask once or twice a week. Just let it dry on and then wash off)

Dr Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
My favorite and found most effective for acne so far is PSF Acne Treatment Mud. Even after extractions it totally calms my acne now. I also find my acne diminishes in size after I use it. It can be used as an over night spot traetment as well but I find using it as a mask is much more effective. Unfortunately it comes in only a 1oz jar and you have to be careful of it drying out.
DIY Girl
5% products discount

Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
The best mask that I have ever used for my very similar problems is one I mix up myself. It's cheap, and most of the ingredients you either already have, or can get your hands on at any local grocery store. You can find the recipe on page 21 of the DIY skincare thread.
TOGirl75
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
What about the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel? How effective is this for pores and lightening up red spots from acne?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I would definitely recommend Burt's Bees Pore Refining Mask for clearing our impurities, and Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel for tightening pores and fading red scars. I've also heard really great things about PSF's Acne Mud for shrinking blemishes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I actually did today PSF acne mud as a mask (I usually use it as a spot treatment). You have to leave it for at least 30 minutes - I have not experienced that tightness never before! -- that how I looked (a little bit greener though). I swear my eyes got bigger. I couldn't even talk properly... it was almost funny... but laughing was just impossible.
I like the results overall (would highly recommend for shrinking & clearing pores). About acne - even though it supposed to be not as drying as benzoyl Peroxide, but not in my case. I found it to be very drying. Also pls keep in mind my skin is on drier side now, so PSF acne mud for somebody with oilier skin might be a very good option!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
shantel: I don't think you're supposed to leave it on for that long. Mine dries on my face fairly quickly in about 10 minutes, but I like to leave it on for longer. It changes to a lighter colour when it dries as with all other green clay masks. And it's meant to be used on your affected areas as a mask and not for your whole face. It depends on your preference as I think this dries out as tight as all other clay masks do, this dries out a bit more as I find the consistency a bit dry in the first place. But next time if you try it again, try spritzing some Evian over it when you feel it gets to tight or I like to put it on a slightly damp face.
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I swear I read it on PSF web site to keep it at least 30 minutes on. I didn't apply it all over my face, but pretty close... I applied along my hair line (where I usually have problems), on my chin & forehead.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
You're right, I checked the PSF description that it does say leave on for at least 30 minutes. But I think we should go with what our skin tells us. Just like GAP, those with sensitive skintypes may not be able to leave it on for 10-20 min as directed. For me the acne mud dries quite quickly (within 10 min) and I usually go do other stuff or watch TV when I do a mask so I leave it on for however long I feel like. I have left it on for 30 min with no problems but if your skin can't handle it I'm sure it's as effective even if you leave it for a shorter period of time. Also I find a light layer is enough.

How do you like it as a spot treatment? I find it doens't work too well for me because it either crumbles during the night as I sleep or it leaves that area much too dry for my liking.
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:

How do you like it as a spot treatment? I find it doens't work too well for me because it either crumbles during the night as I sleep or it leaves that area much too dry for my liking.

Yep, too dry for my liking as well.
Also I find it more beneficial to apply at just started pimple (when u feel just a bump under skin) - so its either make it dissapear or draw out all the junk transforming it into a whitehead) . BHA 2% works amazingly to clear blackheads (I have 0-zero), BHA 5% as a spot treatment also helps, especially applied at "almost gone pimples". Benzoyl P. (I use Perricone's Acne gel w/ALA & DMAE - very nice & not too drying) best to be applied to whiteheads! That's what I learned so far based on my own experience.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I think I would go for the Dermalogica Multi Vitamin Power Recovery Masque, this should help with the scarring and will calm the acne down.
To treat the acne Tea Tree Essential Oil is fantastic.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Well I went ahead and ordered samples of the PSF Pumpkin Peel and the Acne Mud Masque.
Really hope they work for me Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |