Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
what's your favourite nail polish
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:55 am      Reply with quote
my favourite is essie, there are many pretty colours to choose from and 2 coats of polish will give you a nice solid colour
Very Happy
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:27 am      Reply with quote
OPI on my toes lasts ages.

I love their names too.
Razz
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Zoya's my favourite. It last well, comes in fantastic colours and, best of all, is kinder to your nails as it doesn't contain nasty toluene, formaldehyde or dibutyl phthalate.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I like Zoya and OPI as well. The selection of colours is superior, in my humble opinion, and they last longer without chipping or peeling than any of the less expensive brands I've tried over the years.

I like Zoya's ingredients better than OPI's ... but I do base my selection of brand on the colour I want at the time of purchase. Laughing

Of course, you need a really good base coat and top coat as well ... and I use Creative's base coat "Sticky" ... and the Out The Door top coat is wonderful!

Mary

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
I love the colors OPI comes up with, and the the staying power it has, but I'm not really picky when it comes to polish. If I like the color, I'll give anything a shot. CUrrently I have a Cover Girl shade on, I think it's called Boundless Color, the shade is Midnight Somethingororther. It's a black shade but it has a cast of silver so it's not so vampy or goth. One of my long time favorites is Maybelline Wet Shine in Succulent. I've used it for years-- it's a deep maroon that always gets me compliments.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:30 am      Reply with quote
For staying power OPI's my favorite, and so many beautiful colors to choose from. It is a little pricey though, but I think the extra couple of bucks is worth it! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Opi in "Got the Blues for Red". The perfect shade for fair skin, very vampy and sexy! Cool

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I read in a fashion mag recently that Chanel Vamp was making a come-back. Shock

Anyone remember back in the day when it was first released and there were waiting lists... for a nail polish? Laughing Laughing
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
I read in a fashion mag recently that Chanel Vamp was making a come-back. Shock

Anyone remember back in the day when it was first released and there were waiting lists... for a nail polish? Laughing Laughing

i remember!! actually vamp is a nice colour although i don't use dark colour polish too often..it's hard to get rid of the polish along the edge of my nails and it makes me look like i just finished planting in a garden or sth
Laughing
chevycamarolvr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I don't usually wear polish on my fingernails... But I've noticed that the Mary Kay polishes last forever on my toes. No base/topcoat or anything. I usually end up redoing it not because of chipping, but because of outgrowth!
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi chevycamarolvr,

Almost any polish lasts a long time on toe nails. I don't know why that is ... but I've never had a nail polish chip on my toes ... even when the same polish chipped badly on my finger nails. Very Happy

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting... Like I said, I don't wear it on my fingernails so I really have nothing to compare it to.

Avon polishes chip horribly for me, even on toes. I wake up the next morning and need to do a tip touchup.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi chevycamarolvr,

Hmmm ... perhaps it depends upon what one does with one's toes! Laughing [Sorry ... couldn't resist!]

The only time I ever used Avon nail polish was years ago ... and it was winter [I probably got it for Xmas!] ... but I don't think I tried it on my toes ... Smile [Since I tend to wear socks or stockings/tights in the winter, I'm not as manic about my toe nails matching my finger nails in the winter! Very Happy ]

I know that it was horrible on my fingers though ... I don't think it lasted 24 hours on my fingers ... which is perhaps why I never got it onto my toes! Laughing

When I used to use Sally Hanson ... or the other drug store brands, I never had a problem with toe nail polish chipping.

In recent years, however, since my step-daughter became an esthetician, I haven't had to put up with any but the more expensive nail polishes ... because I get to go shopping with her at the beauty supply place! Smile

Mary

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |