Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
dark inner eye discolourations
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:32 am      Reply with quote
okay, now. i have huge bags (hereditary, you can even see them in pics of me as a young kid) and they darken and lighten, typically due to allergies. i've accepted all this. it will be as such until i get the balls to fix them surgically (which my mum keeps on pressing me to do). but, a big *but,* i have just started having really dark (blue purple) discolouration s on the inner eye/side of nose, both sides, kind of like this: )(

it's been dark there, sure, but never ever this noticeable. my BF even noticed, and he never notices anything. he was actually worried! it's bad enough that even concealer can't cover it. does anybody know what causes it? is it an ellergic reaction to something (just started using JM eyelash intervention)? is it the fact that i'm in constant pain? is it my pain meds (taking a real low level to cut the edge off)? does anyone have an idea? can i do anything to get rid of this?

very confused here....
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Well, I've heard that anything from diet to lack of sleep can affect the darkness around your eyes. I have (and have always had) what you're describing but not so bad-- concealor covers mine up. Are you using any creams or gels on them? I've found the DHC Eye Bright has really helped with the darkness around my eyes.

Perhaps an increase in stress may have something to do with it? In that case, stop stressing you're making it worse! Smile HTH!
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi la vie en rose - I've had this same problem since I was a young girl. I'd be interested to know if there's something I could do healthwise to improve it, but I have a feeling there isn't. That's why I love makeup -- it transforms me!!!

Until recently, concealer only did a fair job in camouflaging it. But I recently started using Jane Iredale pressed base in Bisque. If I take my little finger and dab a bit onto these areas, they're covered more effectively than any concealer I've ever tried. It's been a great discovery for me!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
the thing that is weird is that it seriously seemed to become drastic (rather than light shadows) overnight.... unfortunately stress and sleep are two things beyond my control now. the pain will eventually subside, but until then.... okay, well, thanks. it feels better to know i'm not the only one.

still, if anyone knows anything i should be eating or supplement to take, feel free to chime in.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi La Vie en Rose. Could these be allergic shiners? I have these. They come and go; they are worse right now because I think I am allergic to some kind of mold or something. I have given up finding out what as I even test positive to the carrier they put the allergen in!!! but anyway, check the medications as well. They may be over-taxing your liver. Some of my medications have made my eyes and nose drier and the dark circles got worse. There was a post about taking milk thistle to help the darkness. I bought some but have not been consistent taking them. A spa person recommended Dr. Hauschka's honey thingy (delicious silicious or something like that). Perhaps getting your BF to give you nice long massages would help with the stress and help you sleep better. Good luck.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
eureka! you've got it! thank you so much! allergic shiners -- never occured to me. my bags have been much worse and darker since the breaks, but i never thought about medicine build up. toxic build-up. a month on pain meds for someone who takes pills for a headache maybe once or twice a week. of course that's it! not, unfortunately, that i can stop taking them yet. (i need to cut the edge off so i can do rehab or i lose whatever mobility i've gained. the longer it takes, the longer i'll be in pain. catch 22.) but i do *have* milk thistle and will begin taking it immediately. and i feel so much better now that i know. you're a genius, Agent 00-CAT! Very Happy as to the massage from my BF, bless his heart but he sucks at massage. (he's a really good back scritcher, though, which i've needed as the meds make me a bit itchy.) and that won't help the sleep either -- pain is what usually wakes me as i'm seriously trying to take the absolute minimum of meds.... off to read how much milk thistle to take
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Agent OO-CAT - My dark inner circles have been worse lately too, during high humidity weather. I get congested and puffy when mold counts are higher, so I do believe you're on to something. Unfortunately, antihistimine dries me out something fierce and makes my skin look yucky. I'm curious to hear what you discover about milk thistle. I have to admit that "thistle" itself sounds like a potential allergen though!

But I must reiterate that dabbing the bisque pressed base into those corners has really changed the look of the dark bluish areas. Frankly, I can't believe it and it stops me in my tracks when I look in the mirror. I just hope when the weather gets cold I can still wear MMU without it making my skin look dry. God knows I've tried every concealer (except Cle de Peau which some people rave about -- can't get it here) without ANY of them effectively covering the dark areas without looking thick and cakey. Using MMU there makes my eyes look less closed-set than before, and it's really been a breakthrough for me since I've had these semi-circles all my life!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi m-april and la vie en rose. I'm not an expert on milk thistle!!! but if you do a search here, you'll find various posts. I guess that other things that improve liver function would also work. I haven't assidiously attacked this problem myself so I don't have any good first hand experience to share. Sadly, Jane Iredale make-up doesn't work for me. I agree that anti-histamines are awful. Sometimes I use a "neti pot" for irrigating the nasal passages when things get too bad. HTH.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose, I'm sorry to hear about your pain being so bad, I know alot about that, hence my name. Have you heard about arnica montana, it's used to help bruising, I read about it on one of the surgery forums. I personally haven't tried it yet but it's worth looking into. Good luck and hope you heal fast.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:59 am      Reply with quote
nomoreneckpain wrote:
la vie en rose, I'm sorry to hear about your pain being so bad, I know alot about that, hence my name. Have you heard about arnica montana, it's used to help bruising, I read about it on one of the surgery forums. I personally haven't tried it yet but it's worth looking into. Good luck and hope you heal fast.

thank you, nomoreneckpain. i have been both taking arnica and using the gel since i got out of the hospital. i'm a big believer in it! unfortunately, the breaks (3) were complete and severe (including one bone poking out of the skin whilst waiting for surgery). and the hardware put in, enough bling to blind you. Laughing i definitely think arnica helped reduce the bruiing and the swelling the first few weeks, but now it's time for the deeper stuff (which i don't think it helps) and the scar healing (ditto). (did just get a prescription for the silicon sheets though -- yey!!!)

m.april -- i will let you know how the milk thistle goes. i've just began taking it. MMUs and i don't get along so i'm loathe to buy it for such short term use. i do have Cle de Peau concealer which definitely helps but i'm loathe to slather it on which is what i'd need to do right now to cover it.... thinking about letting my hair get all dirty and just go for the grunge, heroin addict look. that's fashionable, non? Bad Grin
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Make-up options for "the grunge, heroin addict look" are, however, limited!! Wink as are the clothes!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
let's see.... holey jeans --check. black leather high tops -- check. holey cut up shirt -- check. flannel shirt -- damn, where's LL Bean when you need them! lipstick that makes me look mortally ill -- check. dark sunken eye sockets -- check. liquid base to dampen my naturally rosey cheek -- gotta work on that, um, maybe an extra few layers of sunscreen??? (that should give me sufficient acne as well -- check) losing twenty, no thirty (need skeletal here) -- okay, guess i'm found out. by the time i lost the weight sufficient for the look i need, my shiners should be gone. damn damn damn! it sounded like the perfect plan and tres comfy to boot! Bad Grin
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
There are always glasses (sunglasses, reading glasses, etc.) to help conceal those dark circles. Something with a fashionable frame maybe?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:24 am      Reply with quote
i live in sunglasses outside, but it's rude not to take them off inside. seriously, i'm fine with them now that i know what's causing it and that they won't be this bad forever.... i'm just having enough scared, pitying, grossed-out looks as it is with my arm. add the shiners and it just amplifies the gut feeling of either 'ewww, get away from me' or 'oh, cherie, what can i do to make you feel better.' all of a sudden, everybody has become my mum! it's very disconcerting.... Cool
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Yeah but think of all the pity and motherly concern you'll get; not to mention chicken soup and chocolate Smile Smile
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:39 am      Reply with quote
The eye serum by Ice Elements really helps to lighten dark circles around the eyes...

Another thing to try is using plain geletin, like Knox geletin disolved in warm water. There is a recipe in the DIY area of the board for this.

Good luck!
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bosoxy, can you tell us more about the eye serum? Is it like eye bright from CellularSkin? TIA
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

Take a lookie over here:

http://www.iceelements.com/index.html?view=products&CatID=2&SubID=27&sid=&cid=&tid=

I use the Illumineyes serum and I really like it... I use it with the eye cream, so it is hard to say what it does by itself for me... but I first started using the eye cream by itself and when I added the serum a couple of months ago, I definitely noticed a boost... more hydration, less puffiness and a more even undereye tone.

I have also used it on my bf a couple of times and it made a huge difference for him, but he never uses anything.... even so, I was amazed at how much it dimished his eye crinkles in just two applications.

There are a couple of women on the Ice Elements message board that had very dark circles under their eyes that traveled to the inside corner and they have had amazing results with the eye serum. I am not sure how long it took for them to see their desired results, but I know that they started noticing a change pretty quickly which gave them the incentive to keep up with it.

I hope that you can see the same results and get rid of those pesky dark marks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:42 am      Reply with quote
thanks, Bosoxy. unfortunately, i'm in France and haven't seen that line anywhere here.... will keep it in mind, however.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bosoxy. Do you buy it from the website?
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I purchase mine either from hsn.com or from iceelements.com

You could probably have them shipped, but if not I would suggest looking for products that have vitamin K.

Good luck!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |