Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anyone uses the Valmont radiance cream?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
How is it compared to Re vive moisture renewal cream? I am currently using the re vive which improves my complexion slowly but does work for me. However, sometimes I do feel a small irritation unless I apply some other cream before I apply the re vive.

I heard a lot about the radiance cream by valmont, similar function as the re vive... so I am considering to give it a try after I finish my re vive.

Anyone has any suggestions for me? Thanks ~

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
i've only tried the serum and it's alright..same with other serums by valmont, they don't seem to work on my skin Confused

a good radiant cream that i have used is by helena rubenstein's force c line, it made my skin radiant and soft..another one is by ingrid millet's whitening line
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:25 am      Reply with quote
one of my friends who also use the valmont line told me that using a single product of valmont may not work, but combined with the designed the serum, the effect would be double or even triple. ^_^

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
itisme wrote:
one of my friends who also use the valmont line told me that using a single product of valmont may not work, but combined with the designed the serum, the effect would be double or even triple. ^_^

haha..that's an excellent way to market their product..it's not cheap to get the whole line of valmont stuff Rolling Eyes
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to mention that Valmont serums were meant to use with their creams and not alone. milo - u mentioned you didn't like the Nature serum and for my super oily skin then using it alone was not even enough for me and a Valmont rep told me it was supposed to be used in conjunction with their creams and when I did it not only worked very well, I found the cream no longer too rich for me to use anymore. But then I'm sure you can always pair the serums with a moisturizer of another brand. Still, Valmont serums are unlike other serums and I don't think they were ever meant to be used alone by themselves.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I wanted to mention that Valmont serums were meant to use with their creams and not alone. milo - u mentioned you didn't like the Nature serum and for my super oily skin then using it alone was not even enough for me and a Valmont rep told me it was supposed to be used in conjunction with their creams and when I did it not only worked very well, I found the cream no longer too rich for me to use anymore. But then I'm sure you can always pair the serums with a moisturizer of another brand. Still, Valmont serums are unlike other serums and I don't think they were ever meant to be used alone by themselves.

maybe i'll try doing that then..i was a bit surprised when none of valmont's serum wowed me..do you know which serum i should use if i want one that's anti-aging..
i can't remember which ones i've tried
and have you tried any of their whitening products? wondering if this new line is good..
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui, I noticed that you are only 21... don't you think it is a little early for you to start using valmont, even nature? actually I've consulted eds. I remembered they told me that nature is designed for ~30 and valmont for ~35. I personally feel that nature is good at moisturizing but cannot be compared to valmont regarding anti-aging or firming.

how do you match the serums with creams? I use bio-genertic serum with generatic hydration cream. Am I right? Which cream should go with the nature moisturizing serum? Thank you ^_^

sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
itisme wrote:
sormuimui, I noticed that you are only 21... don't you think it is a little early for you to start using valmont, even nature? actually I've consulted eds. I remembered they told me that nature is designed for ~30 and valmont for ~35. I personally feel that nature is good at moisturizing but cannot be compared to valmont regarding anti-aging or firming.

how do you match the serums with creams? I use bio-genertic serum with generatic hydration cream. Am I right? Which cream should go with the nature moisturizing serum? Thank you ^_^

Mainly I used Nature but I have tried Valmont's serum samples before. I don't use it anymore because they're quite expensive and I think their creams are too rich for my skintype. But I used Nature years back - I was told my the SA Nature is for younger skin. I think you pair the serum with whichever cream that is suitable for your skintype. Also FYI I started using Nature before it was called "Nature" and when it was still known as "Kora O Neal" (but more or less same products, just Nature is the new packaging and name for the improved version of the line). I used Nature's Harmonizing with a Day Cream (moisturizing would be too much for me) but still when used alone it I find it wasn't absorbing that well. So I went back to the store and SA told me about the serum so I got that and voila - the cream absorbed perfectly after that. Basically to me Valmont's serums ENHANCES any cream you use after it in terms of effectiveness and absorption. I'm sure if you use the relevant pairing of the cream and the serum then you'll see that it will be more effective in whatever it's meant to do. But I don't think there's a rule in what cream you pair it with. If your target is anti-aging/firming I don't think you should use the Nature line because that's more of a preventative line aimed at optimal hydration. You should stick with Valmont's serums as I don't think Nature's serum will do much for it, it's like adding water. However if you do have some Nature serum on hand you COULD pair it with any other Valmont cream and use it in the morning (it might be lighter that way) and using your Valmont biogenetic serum at night.

I don't use very many Valmont products anymore because I don't really need it, and not all of their products worked for me. Nature's moisturizing for lips and eyes gave my undereyes milia because it was too rich. I much prefer LP's De-sensitizing serum over Dermatosic. But I am a regular user of Nature's Moisturizing with a Mask as that's my HG moisturizing mask and I save up since I use it as a treatment moisturizer when needed instead of buying a separate day/night cream!

HTH
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
itisme wrote:

Mainly I used Nature but I have tried Valmont's serum samples before. I don't use it anymore because they're quite expensive and I think their creams are too rich for my skintype. But I used Nature years back - I was told my the SA Nature is for younger skin. I think you pair the serum with whichever cream that is suitable for your skintype. Also FYI I started using Nature before it was called "Nature" and when it was still known as "Kora O Neal" (but more or less same products, just Nature is the new packaging and name for the improved version of the line). I used Nature's Harmonizing with a Day Cream (moisturizing would be too much for me) but still when used alone it I find it wasn't absorbing that well. So I went back to the store and SA told me about the serum so I got that and voila - the cream absorbed perfectly after that. Basically to me Valmont's serums ENHANCES any cream you use after it in terms of effectiveness and absorption. I'm sure if you use the relevant pairing of the cream and the serum then you'll see that it will be more effective in whatever it's meant to do. But I don't think there's a rule in what cream you pair it with. If your target is anti-aging/firming I don't think you should use the Nature line because that's more of a preventative line aimed at optimal hydration. You should stick with Valmont's serums as I don't think Nature's serum will do much for it, it's like adding water. However if you do have some Nature serum on hand you COULD pair it with any other Valmont cream and use it in the morning (it might be lighter that way) and using your Valmont biogenetic serum at night.

I don't use very many Valmont products anymore because I don't really need it, and not all of their products worked for me. Nature's moisturizing for lips and eyes gave my undereyes milia because it was too rich. I much prefer LP's De-sensitizing serum over Dermatosic. But I am a regular user of Nature's Moisturizing with a Mask as that's my HG moisturizing mask and I save up since I use it as a treatment moisturizer when needed instead of buying a separate day/night cream!

HTH

yeah i just noticed the same and was gonna say aren't u too young to be using valmont? but i guess it's never too early to start looking after your skin..
i've heard of kora o'neal and i remember the SA said it was a line by valmont..so probably they just changed the brand to nature
and i have to agree that the nature line is more for moisturizing (i don't think they advertise their products as anti-aging anyway)
i've used the unwinding with a night cream and that was quite good
which serum would u gals suggest if i'm in my late 20s and wanna have one that's anti-aging?
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
mainly I use the valmont products. but almost all of the creams are too rich for me during the day time. That's why I use nature as a day cream. I also use the harmonizing a day. It works great for me! I paired it with the night cream as well but I feel it is more for moisturizing. since I am more concerned about anti-ging as you pointed out, So I guess after I finished whatever I have for nature line, I will stay with valmont.

B4 valmont, I tried some of LP but they are kinda rich for me since I have combination and somehow oily skin. I like to use products from a single line. Smile

itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Note: a friend has positive comment on this cream, Cool

dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I am eye-ing valmont creams, and wonder which would be suitable for me (29, combo skin, liviing in humid HK)

Regenerating Radiance cream
Regenetic
24 Hour

Think Think Think

i am currently using the sample of Radiance cream, i can stand its thickness, but i am also lured to the gel/cream texture of Regenetic as well.

and what about 24 hour ???????

the agony of choice Question Question Question

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
dd7 wrote:
I am eye-ing valmont creams, and wonder which would be suitable for me (29, combo skin, liviing in humid HK)

Regenerating Radiance cream
Regenetic
24 Hour

Think Think Think

i am currently using the sample of Radiance cream, i can stand its thickness, but i am also lured to the gel/cream texture of Regenetic as well.

and what about 24 hour ???????

the agony of choice Question Question Question

24 hour is too sticky for me, I've combination skin as well.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
many people said 24hours is too sticky!
i think it is suitable for dry skin!
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I don't know, just felt that it's not absorbable at all, I used during the cold dry winter although.
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Think Think Think

if the 24 hour is ruled out... that leaves me with the radiance cream / the regenetic..

(my imaginary next order has a total of 13 items there, half of them is valmonts, totalling HK$75xx. I think i have to sell part of my liver in order to fund that Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes )

on a second note, about valmont cabin size products i see in ebay.... oh god, the contour 100ml is SOOOOO attractive, it's only like US$12x !!!
can someone please tell me those on ebay are all fakes, so i wont waste a fortune on things from suspicious sources Shock Shock Shock Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 2:45 am      Reply with quote
itisme wrote:
How is it compared to Re vive moisture renewal cream? I am currently using the re vive which improves my complexion slowly but does work for me. However, sometimes I do feel a small irritation unless I apply some other cream before I apply the re vive.

I heard a lot about the radiance cream by valmont, similar function as the re vive... so I am considering to give it a try after I finish my re vive.

Anyone has any suggestions for me? Thanks ~

I have used both the Valmont Radiance Serum and Cream combined and although I cannot compare it to Revive(which I haven't used), the Valmont radiance serum and cream combined are excellent for toning and smoothing your skin. I have oily skin, prone to breakouts and neither the serum or cream caused me any breakouts. I am a true believer in all Valmont products are they are one of the few that do work but you need to use them for a few months to see the benefits.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
bushy(and anyone), can you recommend what Valmont products are good for oily skin except for those two?

Thanks. Very Happy
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 2:22 am      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
bushy(and anyone), can you recommend what Valmont products are good for oily skin except for those two?

Thanks. Very Happy

There may be more but I have used all these without any problems:
Valmont Bio Regenetic
Valmont 24 Hour Cellular Conditioning Base Cream
Valmont Bio Cellular High Performance
Valmont Nature Moisturizing with a Serum
Valmont L ELIXIR DES GLACIERS
Valmont DNA Repair Serum
Valmont AWF Cyto Complex EJ-D - Factor III

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
[letting out a long sigh]

into my 5th day nurturing my love for the radiance cream, with my radiance cream sample. Finally face the reality that my skin can NOT stand it's thickness, as it clogged some of my pores, and leave me feeling greasy the following morning.

Maybe i am hydrated all fine and well with bio-regenetic ALONE (again sample), in humid hk summer....

oh well, what remains of my radiance cream sample is now my lovely hand cream. love the valmont signature scent Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 2:49 am      Reply with quote
dd7, I do believe that the Radiance cream on top of the bio-regenetic would definitely have been too much. When I used the radiance cream, I only used it on top of the Radiance serum. Apart from sunscreen in the day, I used nothing else on top. I found the Radiance cream very light and sank in without any oily or greasy feeling and even hours afterwards, my skin was not oily.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:01 am      Reply with quote
bushy,

AAiiiii! i feel like i suddenly see light in my world of absolutely darkness. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

So if i have bio-regenetic, regenetic, and radiance cream (i bought samples of them all, probably aged old but not gone off yet Laughing Laughing ), i guess i should use only 1 of them at night, am i right ?

(well, i havent tried bio-regenetic with regenetic, haha i donno y. but now i am imagining that the two would be too oily for me as well) Question Question Question

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks bushy and dd7. I guess I'll have to try samples first before buying. They are too expensive to buy w/o trying first. Very Happy
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 2:49 am      Reply with quote
dd7, definitely only one at a time.

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
wow~~~im interested in trying radiance cream and serum
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |