Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
IS Clinical
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
After some slight research I am still in a bit of confusion over many of the ISC products. Pro Heal was recommended to me on the forums a while back and I didn’t have the means to try it at the time. I purchased a trial of pro heal and it lasted roughly 5 days and I say a slight increase in skin tone and texture health. I didn’t know the regimen for using the serum, whether to apply it with moisturizer pre or post pro heal or not, so I left moisturizer out entirely.

My question is what is the biggest difference between the Vit-C serums from ISC, the pro heal, the super serum, ect. I have found information regarding the contents of ISC line but nothing really regarding the target of each product. Furthermore is using the pro heal/super serum/C+E enough for overall firming and texture healing or should more than the serums alone be applied. I have read among some that use Hydra cool and various other things such as copper peptides along with the ISC serums.

I AM 22 I AM male, I AM a rarity on these forums, but I do have pretty noticeable sun damage, at least in my eyes.

I appreciate the advice.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Apply the proheal first and then a moisturiser or hydracool. Proheal is for acne/rosacea types and Super for more mature, all including Vit C but adding additional ingrediants targeting various needs. I alternate every day and use Active at night all followed by hydracool, plus additional moisturiser if needed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Jeffer the difference between the active ingredients in the Proheal and Super serum is this: the Proheal has retinol while the Super serum has pentapeptide-1 amino acid. The other vitamins and antioxidants in the two are different also. They both contain kojic acid and arbutin (IMO there is not enough of either of these to be of any benefit). The Super serum does contain Hyaluronic acid so it should be more moisturizing.
IMO you are better off using a plain Vitamin C or Vitamin C+E serum and using actives that will address your particular problems seperate from your C serum. I am no expert in sun damage and hopefully someone else will be able to give you some advice as to what would be best to deal with that. The only thing that I would add to AnnieR's directions for use is to wait 15 min after applying the Proheal before you apply anything else. Additionally, if you do decide to add copper peptides do not apply them at the same time as a Vitamin C serum.
BTW I currently use Proheal and decided not to reorder. I ordered the ISC Vitmin C serum. If you read my Proheal review, http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14596, you can see what effects it had for me and why I decided to try using just a plain C serum. HTH
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I am trying to keep my regime more simple. I only use ISC Super Serum after I wash my face in the morning and then I apply Cellcosmet Sensative day moisterizer.
I may purchase Active Serum and use it at night. It is a chemical exfoliant.

I was told by someone else on EDS that Hydra Cool is more of a moisterizer.
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks

Im looking at a small investment for my skincare regimen and scrapping the purchase of a new TV instead.

ISC was the best all around product I had seen around the forums for the last few mos for my personal needs. Im thinking of a few other things I want to add to help with my goals, perhaps the Clarisonic and some kind of good firming cream. baby Q maybe...
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Careful! Firming creams are not for acne skin. If you have found one please share.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have the clarisonic and baby Q, plus use IS Clinical. Love them all, for my skin best money spent hands down. I wasn't sure at first about the clarisonic, but now I am a believer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
If you go towww.isclinical.com and click on products, you will find a detailed description of each of their products as well as their ingredients.

If you click on science, and then on recommendations, they offer their recommended am and pm regimen for different types of skin and for different skin conditions.

I've never used Pro Heal, so I'm not qualified to comment on it. However, I think that Active Serum, the Firming Complex, and the Super Serum are the best products I've used to date, and I have used ALL of em at one time or another!

The Hydra Cool serum is principally a hyaluronic acid serum, and therefore I consider it a moisturizer. But, because it also offers both anti-oxidant protection and Vit b5, kojic acid, and centella asiatica, they classify it as a treatment rather than a moisturizer. Although I'm not crazy about the way it feels, my skin looks alot better when I use it than it does when I've tried substituting another moisturizer in lieu of it.

I've not used their C-15 serum, but I don't see anything remarkable about it. Before I used the ISC line, I was using a C-20 serum and, if I were looking for just a Vit C serum, I think their are other serums out there that are just as effective (if not more so due to higher Vit C concentrations) at a lower cost.

I suggest you read through the information there first. Then, if you have particular questions from people who have used the line, you might be able to get some answers here.

One thing I was curious about: why on earth would you be looking for a firming cream at age 22? Even if you've experienced a recent massive weight loss, your skin should be resilient enough to tighten on its own.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
If you go towww.isclinical.com and click on products, you will find a detailed description of each of their products as well as their ingredients.

If you click on science, and then on recommendations, they offer their recommended am and pm regimen for different types of skin and for different skin conditions.

I've never used Pro Heal, so I'm not qualified to comment on it. However, I think that Active Serum, the Firming Complex, and the Super Serum are the best products I've used to date, and I have used ALL of em at one time or another!

The Hydra Cool serum is principally a hyaluronic acid serum, and therefore I consider it a moisturizer. But, because it also offers both anti-oxidant protection and Vit b5, kojic acid, and centella asiatica, they classify it as a treatment rather than a moisturizer. Although I'm not crazy about the way it feels, my skin looks alot better when I use it than it does when I've tried substituting another moisturizer in lieu of it.

I've not used their C-15 serum, but I don't see anything remarkable about it. Before I used the ISC line, I was using a C-20 serum and, if I were looking for just a Vit C serum, I think their are other serums out there that are just as effective (if not more so due to higher Vit C concentrations) at a lower cost.

I suggest you read through the information there first. Then, if you have particular questions from people who have used the line, you might be able to get some answers here.

One thing I was curious about: why on earth would you be looking for a firming cream at age 22? Even if you've experienced a recent massive weight loss, your skin should be resilient enough to tighten on its own.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Before I forget, in Allure magazine, there is an article and suggested that ISC Active serum is a safe skin lightener.

And I was always led to believe that it's strenght is an exfoliant. Confused
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't call Active Serum a skin lightener BUT it definitely did even out my pigmentation...
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Becuase i am extremely analytical, i have slight sagging on one side of my face where "smile lines" would form. I consider them nose bags, and i want to get rid of that as well as the slight sag around the eyes.

If one was to look at me they would most likely consider me to have good healthy skin, but not in my eyes. Besides it can always be better right?
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
i beleive im going to try the DIY vit-c first and see what i come up with, itll be a fraction of the cost and im not losing much.

I think my pores under my eye area beside my nose is my biggest concern at the moment.

along with mild acne within the last year that i never had before but i beleive is derived from stress
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I hope im not asking too much of a dumb question but is the Super Serum more or less the same as photolagen?

Thanks

Sally

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Nope. Not the same at all.

Photolagen Ingredients:
Purified Water, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isopropyl Palmitate, PAL-KTTS, Matrixyl Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Xanthan Gum, L-Lysine HCI, L-Histidine HCI, L-Arginine HCI, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Threonine, L-Serine, L-Glutamine, L-Proline, L-Glycine, L-Alanine, L-Valine, L-Methionine, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Tyrosine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Acetyl Tyrosine, Sodium Citrate, Polysorbate 20, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Butylene Glycol, PEG-40, Hydrogenated Castor, Laureth-7, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Polyacrylamide, Methlparaben, Fragrance.

Super Serum Ingredients:
L-Ascorbic Acid, Hyaluronic Acid, Arbutin Glycoside, Pentapeptide Amino Acid, Kojic Acid, Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Purified Centella Asiatica Extract, Zinc Sulfate
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffer wrote:
i beleive im going to try the DIY vit-c first and see what i come up with, itll be a fraction of the cost and im not losing much.

I think my pores under my eye area beside my nose is my biggest concern at the moment.

along with mild acne within the last year that i never had before but i beleive is derived from stress

Jeffer a DIY C serum sounds like a good choice. What percentage of C are you going to use? What is your main concern with your pores? Are they clogged, enlarged or both? There is tons of info on the forum about addressing both of these issues however in my opinion you are better off adding the C serum and waiting until you see how your skin reacts to that and what results you get from the C before you add other actives. This is just my way of doing things though and someone else may have drastically different advice about how to add products! Now here is the big question. Do you use sunscreen? I see where you mentioned having sun damage that you wanted to correct but did not see you mention using sunscreen, unless I missed something.
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thats a good idea, I could use just a plain Vit-C serum with no other additives? That will be my first choice if optional then add whatever else is needed.

My pores are slightly enlarged in the areas below my eye area, where the skin cemes off of the nose. For the last 10 mos or so i have been having problems on my forhead and cheeks slightly with a few pimples and small little bumps, which prior i have never had problems with at all. When i think back it seems that it started to get serious when i used Youthful Essence home microdermabrasion kit i got for christmas last year as kind of a joke, as people are aware of how much of a skin freak i am. I used it i think for a week about every other day and I developed some huge zits afterwards and never used it again. I cleaned my face thouroughly afterwards but still for an odd reason developed the acne. I seriously dont think it had ever recovered since.

No i do not use sunscreen, but I am hardly out in the sun, i keep myself sheltered now. I use Cetaphil moisturizer now and it comes with or without SPF 15 and i chose not to get the SPF as I was fearful of a breakout from the sunscreen.

Im starting to devlop a list, of things prioritized by potential benifit. Right now top of the list is the Clarisonic. I have a sonicare and love it, so im hoping i would be just as happy with the facial brush. the quasar is a possibility as well, though I am doing my research now and formulating questions I want answered before any real consideration is developed.

Thanks so much for the advice
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
According to Paula Begoun....Cetaphil moisterizer SPF 15 is for normat to dry skin.
Jeffer
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
i dont know what my skin is now, normal to oily, normal to dry

i wouldnt say its ever really oily, but then again where would these pimples come from
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffer wrote:
Thats a good idea, I could use just a plain Vit-C serum with no other additives? That will be my first choice if optional then add whatever else is needed.

My pores are slightly enlarged in the areas below my eye area, where the skin cemes off of the nose. For the last 10 mos or so i have been having problems on my forhead and cheeks slightly with a few pimples and small little bumps, which prior i have never had problems with at all. When i think back it seems that it started to get serious when i used Youthful Essence home microdermabrasion kit i got for christmas last year as kind of a joke, as people are aware of how much of a skin freak i am. I used it i think for a week about every other day and I developed some huge zits afterwards and never used it again. I cleaned my face thouroughly afterwards but still for an odd reason developed the acne. I seriously dont think it had ever recovered since.

No i do not use sunscreen, but I am hardly out in the sun, i keep myself sheltered now. I use Cetaphil moisturizer now and it comes with or without SPF 15 and i chose not to get the SPF as I was fearful of a breakout from the sunscreen.

Im starting to devlop a list, of things prioritized by potential benifit. Right now top of the list is the Clarisonic. I have a sonicare and love it, so im hoping i would be just as happy with the facial brush. the quasar is a possibility as well, though I am doing my research now and formulating questions I want answered before any real consideration is developed.

Thanks so much for the advice

just a thought.....when I got microdermabrason done professionally, I broke out some more but that was very normal....I think you should continue using your gift.....I've used Cetaphil gentle cleanser mixed with baking soda.....Cellex-C Vit. C 20%, then I tried Skinceuticals then Vivier Vit. C 20% (my favourite) even though it felt moisterizing/oily, it gave me a very nice glow to my skin and with time, I got really nice skin tone.

Good luck to you!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Jeffer I am no DIYer so I cannot give you specific advice on making a C serum but I do know that you can make one with vitamin C as the only active plus the inactive ingredients. Perhaps someone else can help you with making a C serum.
I had a similar experience to Skincare with a professional microderm. I had the worse acne outbreak of my entire life in the month or so after having it done. I do however not agree with skincare about using the home microdermabrasion kit. It sounds like you really had a bad reaction to it!
Okay I won't yell at you about the sunscreen since you don't spend time in the sun. But I would say to definetly use one when you are in the sun. And if you eventually add actives to try to correct some of your issues like enlarged pores and sun damage it will be a requirement everyday. It is really a matter of finding the right one that won't cause breakouts.
It is great that you are thinking about your skin at an early age and I think that even if you have some sun damage you are off to a good start.
salster68
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Katee

Thanks for the reply. Think i was getting confused with the peptide thing

Hope all is well with you Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Yea, im ordered some vit c and propylene glycol, figured i would start with just vit c for a few days then add in the glycol, take it a step at a time to see how my skin reacts

on top of that i ordered a clarisonic as well, hopefully i notice some results from that
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
what is the benefit of the pentapeptide in Proheal? Is it the one that minimizes muscle contractions, or something different?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Actually the Super serum has the pentapeptide. Acetyl Hexapeptide is the one that minimizes muscle contractions. The pentapeptide is what is in Matrixyl and is supposed to build collagen.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |