Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking for cleanser & eye make up remover in one
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I know that we love comparing cleansers and that there are a lot of cleanser reviews here, but this time I am looking for that one product that will take the day off in one clean sweap - dirt, debris, and mascara. Is there such a product out there? I can not use any of the oil based cleansers or balms because they irritate my eyes.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
One Step Integral Cleanser by Vichy removes all traces of both face and eye make-up and tones the skin in one simple step.

Its fluid, oil-free texture is suitable for even the most sensitive skin and leaves your skin feeling clean, fresh and extremely soft.

EyeOptimal tolerance for the face and eye area:
- Tested on sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
- Respects the pH balance of your eyes
- Non-comedogenic

Apply to face and eye area with your fingertips, massage lightly and wipe away with cotton wool.

Also I love the wipes from MAC. They cleanse, take away face/eye make-up and moisturize your face. I use this all the time when I get home late from a night of partying and am too lazy to wash my face.

VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I use Decleor's cleanser for normal skin - it's very mild but very effective.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the replies, the Vichy sounds ok. Is Decleor effective for mascara?
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Dr Hauschka's Milk Cleanser to remove makeup and as a cleanser in itself. It's really mild and gentle and is safe for the delicate skin around the eyes. It's one of my favourite cleansers aside from the Cleansing Cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Yonka's Gel Cleanser is states that is a cleanser and eye makeup remover in one although I've never really tried it to remove waterproof eye makeup. Regular eye makeup is fine and it does a good job. MAC wipes are SUPER oily for me, they always leave a film - and it's not because my skin is oily, I tried to use it on my hands and I still didn't like how it felt. Doesn't do a good job on waterproof eye makeup either.

I've always used my cleansers on my eyes and all of them have removed regular eye makeup just fine. But none of them have removed waterproof eye makeup well - not even my Precleanse (but I use Shiseido mascaras which are known to be touch). My advice is to use OCM (whichever brand)- that's your best bet with removing any makeup.
Blutkindx
5% products discount

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
If you don't wear heavy makeup (like waterproof stuffs) you can use non lipidic makeup removers, but i still think that they don't totally remove makeup, oily substances are the only one to perfectly remove makeup, then you can always rinse after use. My favourite is veryyy oily but so effective, this is Shu Uemura oil (available for sensitive skin or normal skin) Wink

Products used : Betaplex Gentle Foaming Cleanser - Betaplex Fresh Complexion Mist - Idealist Estee Lauder - Cellex C Bio Botanical - Cellex C GLA Eye Balm- Cellex C Under Eye Toning Gel - Cellex C Speed Peel Facial Gel - Cellex C Skin Perfecting Pen -
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
This is exactly my problem - oil based cleansers are really effective, but unfortunately they irritate my slightly sensitive eyes. I don't wear waterproof mascara, but I wear lots of it, so I need a hard working product... I used the Dr Haushcka Cleansing Milk but found traces of mascara left around my eyes. I think wipes usually contain oil which I can't use... I am going to look at the Yonka gel cleanser.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
May I suggest Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin? I reviewed Cellcosmet cream cleanser and found that it did not remove my mascara at all.

I read very recently that MD Skincare is coming out with a new cleanser that has sylicic acid(sp?) and can remove eye makeup without irritation. Exclamation
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil is found in drugstores - right? Thanks for the advice, I will check it out. I am surprised MD formulation has included salicylic acid for the eye area...
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Please don't get confused....MD Skincare newer cleanser has sylicic acid in it. Not sure if it is in the retail store yet.

Cetaphil is what I use and it works and does not irritate my skin.
Blutkindx
5% products discount

Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I think Shu Uemura sensitive skin oil will be perfect for you, acid base makeup removers will certainly be a bit too harsh for a sensitive skin specially around eyes

Products used : Betaplex Gentle Foaming Cleanser - Betaplex Fresh Complexion Mist - Idealist Estee Lauder - Cellex C Bio Botanical - Cellex C GLA Eye Balm- Cellex C Under Eye Toning Gel - Cellex C Speed Peel Facial Gel - Cellex C Skin Perfecting Pen -
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Blutkindx, but I can't use any oils around my eyes. I have actually used this product and it left a film on my eyes.
Blutkindx
5% products discount

Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Ok i understand your problem Wink

Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:36 am      Reply with quote
How about Dermalogica's ultracalming cleanser for face & eyes?? It's not really a balm but kinda has a light milky texture & is excellent for sensitive skin & eyes imo...& it doesn't leave any residue! Smile
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
if you don't mind cleansing oil, bot shu uemura and bioderma have very good cleanser/makeup remover

i've been using shu uemura for a few years and it works well on my combination skin..just started using bioderma and i use that mostly as eye makeup remover, but you can actually use it to cleanse your face
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:00 am      Reply with quote
milodomi wrote:
if you don't mind cleansing oil, bot shu uemura and bioderma have very good cleanser/makeup remover

i've been using shu uemura for a few years and it works well on my combination skin..just started using bioderma and i use that mostly as eye makeup remover, but you can actually use it to cleanse your face

Are you referring to the Bioderma Crealine H20 cleanser or another one? Actually I do think that the Bioderma Crealine would be a good option and it is not a cleansing oil. This is excellent at removing all makeup, even eye makeup. I have gotten this stuff in my eyes and it does not cause any irritation at all! I know that some members use this in place of cleansing oil but I actually used it after. Cleansing oil-Rinse- then the Bioderma. I was mainly using it to remove any hard water residue from my face. I ran out of this a while back and did not repurchase but now that I am writing about it I realize just how much I miss using this.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:50 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
milodomi wrote:

Are you referring to the Bioderma Crealine H20 cleanser or another one? Actually I do think that the Bioderma Crealine would be a good option and it is not a cleansing oil. This is excellent at removing all makeup, even eye makeup. I have gotten this stuff in my eyes and it does not cause any irritation at all! I know that some members use this in place of cleansing oil but I actually used it after. Cleansing oil-Rinse- then the Bioderma. I was mainly using it to remove any hard water residue from my face. I ran out of this a while back and did not repurchase but now that I am writing about it I realize just how much I miss using this.

hey theresa thanks for clarifying..yes the bioderma isn't a cleansing oil it's more like cleansing water
and i have to agree that it's very gentle even when it gets into my eyes, it didn't cause any irritation..i have sensitive eyes and often i have to return products due to allergy
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have never heard of Bioderma so I am off to google it now Smile
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
I have never heard of Bioderma so I am off to google it now Smile

it's from france and i guess it's more popular in europe and asia..but they have a site for usa too..so hopefully they have a store locator to tell you where to find their products

i've read in some magazines that models love bioderma's h2o cleansing water since it can wipe off your makeup (might take a few wipes but it does a very thorough job) and even mascara!!
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use either Decleor Huile Demaquillante Cleansing Oil or Decleor Cleansing Water for Face and Eyes and both work pretty good for removing eye makeup and cleansing my entire face. The oil is a little tricky just because it can get into the eyes but it rinses easily. The cleansing water is also great for touching up eye makeup mistakes. Again, both smell great. I imagine the fragrance could be a bit much if you are sensitive to frangrance but I've never experienced any problems with my tempramental skin.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
Thanks for the replies, the Vichy sounds ok. Is Decleor effective for mascara?

Hello,
to answer your question - yes the decleor 'Decleor Cleansing Milk for Face and Eyes' is effective for mascara.
I wear indian kajal 'kohl' and mascara, both come off easily with decleor. It is not oily and very mild. If you were to just hold the cotton pad over your eyes for a few seconds i.e not rub your eyelid, most of it would come off.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil rocks!.But it's really expensive too.. ;0(
SugarFreeSheila
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Liquid Neutrogena & Olay foaming cleanser for sensitive skin. I use the latter if I'm into Retin-A, glycolic acid, & Ferulic. The Neutrogena's great for summertime when I'm just using self-tanners. Both remove all traces of waterproof mascara!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I would say a cleansing oil. I have started to use DHC's cleansing oil (takes off EVERYTHING) without a second cleanser per advice of some ladies here, and it works great. i don't know why i was following up with a second cleanser all these years.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |