Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tiny bumps in undereye area?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Within about the past 2 years I've noticed the texture under my eyes changing. For the purpose of this thread I will only address one problem here: a number of very tiny bumps that line the "dark circle" area under my eyes.

(For a long time, I thought when I saw the word "milia" on this board that it was referring to these tiny bumps, but I just looked the word up and discovered it means "whiteheads").

The things I'm talking about are not whiteheads. They're very tiny, almost waxy looking, clustered together. They make my undereye area look not so smooth.

Anyone else have these? They definitely look like they'd be tough to treat...has anyone had any success improving them?

(P.S. If there's already been a thread about this I can't find it but if you have a link that would be great!)
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have some under my eyes too. Not milias, looks like skin tags but not movable. My dermatologist told me it's because my sweat gland walls are too thick and there's no place for them. They squeezed each other and some got pushed out. Just like some people have big teeth but not enough space for them. Teeth squeezed each other and some got pushed out!!! I had about 50 of them zapped 15 or 16 years ago but some came back about 3 or 5 years ago (can't remember exact time). I believe your dermatologist can tell you what do you have.
HTH.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I have one big bump in my undereye area. I am not sure that it is milia. I thought it was but I have had it for a number of years and I cannot squeeze/extract it. My beautician tried to extract it for me but couldn't do anything either. MACrisis, how long does the procedure take to zap it and are there any after effects eg bruising etc.
tweety
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have this too, we tend to call it chicken skin. I haven't found anything to get rid of it. Just makes our undereye area look lovely doesn't it.?? Laughing
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have this type of skin under the eyes along with very big dark circles - I have yet to find anything that helps them and I have tried a lot!! I can't wait to hear if anyone has found a miracle cure along the way.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
MACrisis, how long does the procedure take to zap it and are there any after effects eg bruising etc.

Ninetynine: The procedure was very fast. I'm not sure my derm used laser or electrical pen to zap it. one or 2 seconds each bump and not that much pain. Little black dots and red around the dots. only a little bit swollen. Scabs fell off in 5 days.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Ninetynine wrote:
MACrisis, how long does the procedure take to zap it and are there any after effects eg bruising etc.

Ninetynine: The procedure was very fast. I'm not sure my derm used laser or electrical pen to zap it. one or 2 seconds each bump and not that much pain. Little black dots and red around the dots. only a little bit swollen. Scabs fell off in 5 days.

Thanks MACrisis. I don't know whether I will work for me as my bump is pretty big about 3-4mm long. I think I used an eye cream that was too rich for me way back.
jn1234
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I have the same problem under my eyes!!!!! They looks like whiteheads but they are highly clogged,and cannot be squeezed.

My esthetician always said I used the wrong eye cream but I got them since my junior high when I never used skin products! (by the way, I think she wanted to sell me more products but I love to stick with EDS)

I talked to my family doctor and he asked me to check for cholesterol. The result is very positive and I have a lot of good cholesterol and almost none bad cholesterol. This problem is not come from high cholesterol.

MACrisis, where did you do the laser thing? Is it in Canada?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:32 am      Reply with quote
It is my understanding, at least from my own experience, that the ones that are hard skin-colored little bumps around the eye area are typically milia (trapped sebum). The only way to get rid of these is to use a high exfoliant daily (I used IS active/firming to get rid of mine) or to have your derm nick them with a scalpel so that the hard seed inside can then be pushed out.

However, the ones I think Janis is referring to are the softer, fleshier ones, not necessarily perfectly round in shape and typically just found under the eye, aka "chicken skin". I had always thought that these were fatty deposits under the skin, just from the look and feel of them. That would make sense with what the doc said about cholesterol. Or it might be sweat gland issues like MACrisis' derm said. Either way I don't think that these are caused from any kind of improper skincare but rather something biological. Just my best guess anyway! Very Happy

Janis - I'd love to know what your derm says on these, so please report back if you go.
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
555, I have!! I really want to know how to rid off it by myself? Friends told me only laser beam is able to remove it, really?

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
jn1234 wrote:
MACrisis, where did you do the laser thing? Is it in Canada?

I did it in California in my derm's office.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have these bumps under my eyes as well. my dermatologist said it was because my skin is somewhat translucent and thinner in that area (I'm fair complected). I have noticed that they are more pronounced when I use an eye crema that is too rich.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |