Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Miessence Cleanser?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:50 am      Reply with quote
Any experience and feedback on this cleanser? The ingredients look great, but it is really expensive, so I'd like to hear others exerience with it first. Any of the different ones. How well does it clean and take everything off for you? Have you seen improvements or the opposite?

If anyone's used The Organic Makeup Company's cleanser I'd be interested to hear about that one too, especially since it's much less expensive.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hiya

When Miessence was launched I really thought it was the mother of all natural products, so I jumped! and bought a whole bunch of stuff.

Amongst other things, I got the sensitive skin cleanser, which is like a huge pump bottle with brown stuff inside.

All their cleansers are aloe+safflower oil based, the texture is very liquidy, and non emulsifying. I would never use it for a deep cleansing, like for evening cleansing or to remove makeup. It does leave the skin feeling rather greasy even after rinsing.

Well I must say it is not the best cleanser in terms of performance. My skin didn't feel any different, or have any positive/negative reactions. I guess most people wouldn't expect that from just a cleanser, but when I have used Dr H CC and Jurlique CC then you really have higher expectations.

Sometimes I try to use up what I have left, as a lipstick or lip product remover (because of the oils in the product) but it does not emulsify well with them anyhow.

I'm glad they offer many sample sachets now for only $1, I caved in and bought 4x samples of their skin condtioners. So far, no real effects after 10 uses. But smells really yummy Smile

I don't mean to portray Miessence in a negative light. I am glad that there is a company out there that fully certifies their products and committ to 100% natural ingredients. But most of their formulations don't work very well in terms of changing the skin.

HTH
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
BYRG I took a look at their website and did not see a complete ingredient list. Did I miss something? If it is not on their website where can I find this information? TIA
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Here are the ingredients for Soothing cleanser:
Ingredients
Organic aloe vera (aloe barbadensis) leaf juice, purified water (aqua), organic safflower (carthamus tinctorius) seed oil, yucca schidigera extract, natural gum (sclerotium rolfsii), honeysuckle (lonicera japonica) extract, organic bergamot (citrus bergamia) essential oil, organic sweet orange (citrus dulcis) essential oil, organic chamomile (matricaria recutita) extract, organic horsechestnut (aesculus hippocastanum) extract, organic st john's wort (hypericum perforatum) extract, organic witch hazel (hamamelis virginiana) extract.

It should be directly beneath the product description, I am not sure how the website appears to those in American, as it is determined by location.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks miranets. Yes, in the US it is beneath the product description but it doesn't have them in a list it has a row of pictures which are the ingredients. You can click on one of the pictures for an ingredient description. What in these cleansers actually cleanses? Is it the Yucca? Or are these cleansers like the OCM?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
As far as I can see, it is only the safflower oil that has some sort of emulsifying action which can dissolve dirt/oil. All the other herbal extracts are for conditioning the skin or preserving the product. Unless yucca has some sort of saponin properties like soapwort.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
miranets their website does state that yucca has some saponin properties. Unless someone else gives a glowing review of this I would be reluctant to take a chance on it's cleansing abilities though, especially since I have acne!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'll swap you my bottle of miessence for your cellcosmet :P

Even though I have skin that is prone to blocked pores.. I didn't find that it caused any extra pimples and such, but it does not leave the most beautiful after cleanse feeling, more like a type of 'been wearing makeup for 24 hrs straight' type of greasy feeling.

Their ambrosia which costs $80 looks really interesting, but too expensive to make a 'buy to try' mistake...

I have also used their blemish gel, which according to the testaments, is a miracle gel for bumps bruises and insect bites. It did nil all for anything, but when I used it as the carrier for a scrub with microderm crystals, my skin was really nice and clear the next morning.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks miranets for your review. It doesn't sound worth it. I'm still looking for an organic cleanser like that that is worth it though. What do you use now for a cleanser? Dr. H? Have you tried the Dr. H Cleansing Milk?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |