Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ice Elements - Worth Purchasing????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

i read here somewhere about Ice Elements and so visited their website and forum where i have read so many positive things about this line (well i know they arent gonna print negatives on the site but still!!) anyhow i have dry skin with freckles which i am trying to fade (i always wear factor 40 but the wee buggers still appear) and i was hoping this line would give me more of an even skin tone whilst hydrating my very parched skin - oh and my forehead has started breaking out after i finished a course of anti-biotics for my spots.

Anyone any comments on this range - i did a search and read up on the 2 minute miracle stuff but what about the other products like their anti aging serum??

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
You should PM Bosoxy. I know she loves that line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Bosoxy adores this line...she's a great person to talk to!

She loves Ice Elements!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nicky!

Yes, I LOVE that line!!!

I have dry sensitive skin, but it does not seem like that anymore!!!

For a dry skin routine, I use the cream cleanser, anti-aging serum and the moisture lotion for dry skin. It is very concentrated (no water) so it goes a really long way...

I started with the above items along with the eye cream and the blueberry mask and it totally got rid of my flaking and ashy spots.

The blueberry mask will help fade your freckles as will the radiance souffle. I am not sure which will fade them more as I use them both...

As for the breakouts, the anti-aging serum will help as it has tea tree oil in it, but also they have a great acne serum that my teen son has been using. the acne serum along with the souffle have almost totally cleared his skin, which was a horrible mess... He went almost the entire summer without allowing me to have his hair cut as his forehead was just so bad... even though Ice Elements is not an acne line, per say, after trying several other lines I finally said, what the heck? I love the line for me and others said that it helped with their acne so I will just see what they can do.. and they (The president and the esthetician, Shelly and Brenda) came up with an easy plan to get him started and off we went.

I really cannot say enough good things about Ice Elements. The line is great and the customer service is amazing...

The line is actually a spa line and Shelly is working on several new products due to its increasing popularity, to meet the needs of her customers. They are coming out with a night serum with Eidelweis flowers imported from Switzerland, a product for dry scalp - Ice Cap, a sunscreen - Ice Block, and a body scrub.

OK, OK, so I have gone on a bit... but I find it very exciting that a company run by such wonderful people is doing so well... and I find it fun to be able to be part of its growth as a customer...

If you have any questions, let me know and I will answer with my personal experiences or let you know what I have heard from others, or you could ask in the General section of their message board. The women that post over there are really friendly and helpful... Smile

Take care.
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I have to AGREE with Bosoxy! Great products and the service is truly outstanding. Hope you join the forum, they have some great deals for members (Icy Hot Specials). Wink
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Bosoxy - does this line help at all with diminishing of wrinkles/fine lines?
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl!

Yes, most of the products have antarticine, which is a powerhouse natural ingredient... there is a study... http://www.centerchem.com/PDFs/antarcticine.pdf

This is some information that Shelly quoted on why she chose this ingredient:

Quote:
There are many choices available to all formulators and I really try to narrow down the ones that A- have in vitro studies to accompany the published findings, B- look to be a natural way to acheive the same end result as a synthetic version, and C- that effect change in and on the skin over time.

There are 13 layers of collagen which are responsible for age related changes in our skin and bodies. Collagen is a protein and is composed of amino acids. The ALoe we use is made up of 20 out of 23 amino acids our bodies use daily. Antarcticine is a natural protein and is also made up of amino acids. Collagen 1 is most abundant as we age but if and when it breaks down, will be the fastest way to see visible signs of aging on the skin. It is easy to stimulate, however. Collagen 4 and 3 all become collagen 1 eventually. Collagen 4 is the most important collagen for regulating cell growth and plays an important role in wound healing. In repairing skin and stimulating collagen, you are in essence trying to simulate a wound healing effect so that additional collagen is produced and healthier, rounder, plumper cells rise to the surface.

Antarcticine stimulates a collagen level naturally that is otherwise hard to reach. I have not seen any natural ingredients yet marketed to stimulate collagen 3. Every collagen 3 stimulator, specifically made to stimulate 3, also contains synthetic peptides. I have chosen not to use these until more research is done long term. Therefore, I feel like the quality of aloe vera we use (Hydrapol by Carrington labs) combined with Antarcticine, give me all of the benefits of addressing collagen 1-4 without any risk or downside.

I hope this makes sense. As I said, this is strictly why I have chosen the ingredients I have and may not be the views of other companies who do use peptide technology.

The anti-aging serum is the current powerhouse product, as far as diminishing fine lines and wrinkles. These are the percentages quoted:

Quote:
We do use varying levels of Antarcticine in our products. Although Centerchem (Lipotec) suggest a level of 3-5% concentration, we use greater amounts in a few of our products. The cleanser has 2% because any more then that will be a waste. The product does not stay on the skin long enough to make a difference. We use 7% in our eye cream, 5% in our moisturizer and 10% in the anti aging serum. I am comfortable using these levels because this is a natural protein so it can not be harmful if it has an accumulative percentage once you layer the products. Many times our customers will use only the serum or only the moisturizer so I want to make sure there is enough of an active level to make a difference.

She is also releasing a new night serum called Eidelweis serum made with Eidelweis flowers imported from Switzerland that is even more effective on fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin. The first release will be an introduction in October, where it will be given away with the purchase of another product - I think it will be the 2 minute miracle exfoliation gel - and then it will be sold in the full size in November.

I spoke with a woman who tested the product and she said that it is incredible and helped her with the stubborn neck rings as well as tightening of the skin around the jaw line.

Previous to speaking with her, Shelly had mentioned that with the first trial she was amazed by it as it was diminishing stubborn lines that she had around her mouth/lip area due to stretching the skin while waxing and that nothing she used really did enough to satisfy her in the past.

Also, Debbie is right on about signing up at the message board site for the Ice Hot Specials! Every 2 - 4 months or so, there will be some incredible deals on products that they have in stock. The quantities are limited and only those signed up for the message board are eligible for them.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much bosoxy. Can you tell me what forum or how do I get there? The products that you describe sound interesting. I am off to search for them now! Thanks again for all your help. Very Happy
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl

Here's a link to the Ice Elements board

http://www.iceelements.com/msg-board/
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Thank you anya!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I ordered the antiaging serum, so hopefully I will have good results with this also!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Bosoxy thanks for the Centerchem link and info from Shelly on antarticine. I read through the pdf and it interests me enough to take another look at this ingredient. Kinerase also uses this ingredient in at least one and maybe more products from their new pro+therapy line.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Riley!

Oh, please let me know what you think once you have a chance to try it!

The serum just glides right on... different than other serums that I have used and I will use either one or 2 pumps of serum for my face and neck, depending on whether or not I have used the souffle as the product is so concentrated I do not want to put on too much.

Theresa, Hi!

You are welcome for the link. I was not aware that Kinerase used antarctacine. If you decide to go that route, you now know the percentages of the ingredient to look for to ensure that you are getting an effective amount.

I also found the ingredient quite interesting... soooo at least one other person does not think that I am weird for reading a cosmetic study, right? heehee!

Have a good night.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bosoxy, have you tried ice elements face wash with the spf? i am curious about that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I do not believe that the face wash has an spf, although the moisture lotions have an spf of 15 (not broad spectrum).

There is a product coming out called Ice Block, that is a sunscreen, but it isn't out yet and I am not sure who is testing it to know how well it works, how it layers on the skin with make-up or the ingredients... but I am looking forward to finding out!

Which product were you interested in?
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Bosoxy wrote:
Hi!

I do not believe that the face wash has an spf, although the moisture lotions have an spf of 15 (not broad spectrum).

There is a product coming out called Ice Block, that is a sunscreen, but it isn't out yet and I am not sure who is testing it to know how well it works, how it layers on the skin with make-up or the ingredients... but I am looking forward to finding out!

Which product were you interested in?

oops, Bosoxy, you're right. i got ice elements mixed up with Freeze 24-7. they both remind me of dessert! the Freeze wash with the spf is this one:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/freeze-24-7-ice-shield-fa-p_5646.htm
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

Ice Shield is a pretty interesting looking product. I can see how you could have confused the two... Ice Block and Ice Shield... lol!

I wonder how Ice Shield holds the spf on the skin after it is rinsed off? I would have to learn more about that one as at first glance, I have to say that I am skeptical that it would leave adequate protection on the skin... Not saying that it won't, just skeptical... Wink

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bosoxy,

Yes, i am still skeptical about the concept of spf being able to bind to the skin to give any protection. i have been trying to find reviews for this product everywhere but no one seems to have written one. i think spf 15 is low protection, but i am thinking that's better protection than none for my dad (he won't take time to apply sunscreen, so i was thinking of buying it for him). anyhow, i think i am getting this soon, so i will let everyone know.

Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Oh, yeah, if your dad isn't using anything something like this would be a good buy, I agree. My father doesn't use any either, nor did any of us as children... and we spent a great deal of time at the beach too.... but it just was never even brought up, unless it was tanning oil or baby oil with iodine... nice.... Shock

I personally think of an spf of 15 as an everyday spf but not something to use if I am actually going to be outside for more than a couple of minutes...

If you do decide to pick it up I would be interested in hearing your review of it.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bosoxy, thanks for your very informative reply, I think u have sold me on these products, I just hope the shipping to the UK isnt a killer!!

I really want to order the anti-aging serum, but dont know weather to hold out for the new one which u mentioned as i have stubborn forhead lines and fine lines around the eye area which i want to attack and maybe this new product would be better.

Anyhows i am off to email Ice Elements with my order !!!

Thanks Again

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nicky!

You are most welcome!

I hope that the shipping is not a killer either!

If it does seem unusual, do not be afraid to ask about it... Shelly and Frankie (the owners) are great and will help you put something together.

You will have to let me know how you like what you get when you get it!

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I'll definitely keep you posted bosoxy. If I love this AA serum as much as everyone else who has used it, I will get the whole set!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Bosoxy wrote:

Theresa, Hi!

You are welcome for the link. I was not aware that Kinerase used antarctacine. If you decide to go that route, you now know the percentages of the ingredient to look for to ensure that you are getting an effective amount.

I also found the ingredient quite interesting... soooo at least one other person does not think that I am weird for reading a cosmetic study, right? heehee!

Have a good night.
Bosoxy.

Bosoxy,
Actually I am not necessarily interested in the Kinerase products. When I saw the ingredient I just remembered that I had seen it in their new line. You could probably let me know on this. If I look into antarcticine and have some questions do you think Shelly would mind me emailing her with them? I mean it wouldn't be product questions but technical questions and I am not sure is she would appreciate that but your would probably have an idea of how she would feel about it. BTW is she the cosmetic chemist at Ice Elements?

Bosoxy I don't think it's weird at all to read studies. I love spending time on the manufacturers websites looking at all the ingredients and even better is when they have a lot of details. Okay, I can imagine that a lot of out other members are thinking, "what a bunch or nerds!". Oh, well it is fun being a nerd! Laughing
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Bosoxy wrote:
Oh, yeah, if your dad isn't using anything something like this would be a good buy, I agree. My father doesn't use any either, nor did any of us as children... and we spent a great deal of time at the beach too.... but it just was never even brought up, unless it was tanning oil or baby oil with iodine... nice.... Shock

I personally think of an spf of 15 as an everyday spf but not something to use if I am actually going to be outside for more than a couple of minutes...

If you do decide to pick it up I would be interested in hearing your review of it.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

Hi Bosoxy,

I just bought it online, i will definitely post a review next week after experimenting with it Smile. Thanks for your input!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Riley,

Oh you are going to love the serum!

Theresa,

Shelly is the president of the company, her and Frankie own it and Brenda is their top Esthetician.

You can totally ask Shelly anything... and if you put the question on the message board in the ASK Shelly section, I will definitely be reading it... lol! But you can PM her too... She will answer product of technical questions.

skincaraddicted,

I will be looking for your review of that SPF face wash!

Take care.
Deanna.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |