Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anything effective to get rid of nasolabial folds?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CleanSkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Aside from Restylane injections, are there any other options like topical treatments that you have found to be effective at reducing the appearance of these laugh lines? Any help appreciated.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Baby Q helps plump up my skin to help reduce, but I actually have had resty there twice. It lasts a long time for me and if I drink water it stays plumped up. Then when I use my proheal and active it helps reduce the lines a little more. I think a peel would also help reduce. I occasionally use mama lotion to reduce a little further, but not very often because my skin is so sensitive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem too. I think mine are a little better because of using Jansen Beckett ADCE. I'm not positive that they are. I just feel like they may be plumping out a little, The results haven't been drastic. I've been considering Resty, and I had actually decided to do it. I'm making one last effort to repair them, though. I'm using Green Cream, the Jansen Beckett serum, ADCE, and Derma Excel 7. I'm also using emu oil for moisture and taking HA and vitamin E orally. I've been doing all of this for about a month except the JB products, which I've been using since April. My skin in that area feels plumper there, and I think that from the nose down, they're smoothing out slowly. I have a "before" picture, so I can compare and look for any progress. I really think that the majority of the results I am getting seem to be coming from the JB. I was getting the forehead 11's there, but I actually almost can't move that area now. I have to try really hard. I just started doing facial exercises Saturday. If I start seeing lovely results, I'll let you know. I wouldn't necessarily suggest that you run out and buy the JB products. My results are coming very slowly, and I'm not yet positive that they're not imagined. Annie is right. Some people do say they got results from at-home glycolic or TCA peels. Their results were very slow too, though. If I don't see better results by Christmas, I'll probably do the resty. I feel like they age me a lot, and I'm really fed up with them.
Zila
5% products discount

Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have this problem too. It sucks to watch them get worse. Tosca, how old are you if you don't mind me asking?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm 34, Zila. They shouldn't be this bad yet.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I have a few friends who swear by Ice Elements Illumineyes serum. I kid you not!

What I would suggest, is if you have a really good eye serum or eye cream, try using that on the area to see if what you already have will help you out... if not you could consider purchasing the product above or the new Eidelweis serum that comes out next month should be good at this...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:32 am      Reply with quote
my mom has tried quite a few topical treatments including AlphaDerma CE with so so results and finally went the Restylane injections route ... results are much much better.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm in my thirties but don't have this problem yet but I expect to get them.....when it does happen, I plan to get restalyn....worth the investment.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I may try a few more things before Resty. What are you going to try, Zila and Cleanskin? We can compare notes after a few months, if you like.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Bosoxy, do you know how long it took for your friends to see results from the Ice Elements. I just looked it up and was pleased to see that it is pretty affordable! I see that you're a big fan of some of their other products. What have they done for you?
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Tosca, I understand your pain and frustration. I'm 52 and haven't had any fillers there yet, but desperately want to, but money is an issue. The other thing is restylane has such a hit or miss sucess/failure rate, from the posts I've read on the YTF and Makemeheal forums. I guess I'm waiting for a more promising product that doesn't lump up, move around and of course that lasts longer. Anyone let me know what's on the horizon. Thanks.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca,

I just wrote a bit about Ice Elements over here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=147305#147305

Most people who have used Ice Elements generally see some sort of results within the first 3 - 4 weeks, however it really depends on what the person is looking for on how long it takes to get to where s/he wants to be.

The women who I have spoken with who have used it for a couple of years say that the products continue to deliver results over the long term, in addition to the "immediate" results that they saw.

For me, my main concerns were dry skin, blackheads, redness on my nose and cheek areas, one line between my eyes, some fine lines by my eyes and a couple of forehead creases.

The dryness, ashiness, redness and blackheads are gone.

The one line between my eyes is gone... It was not very deep, but it was very noticable to me.

The lines beside my eyes are very diminished and barely there... and the forehead creases are diminished but still there...

I also have had positive results with the eye serum getting rid of darkness under my eyes in allergy season...

I do have occassional breakouts, mostly stress related as I am going through a stressful time right now, but the acne serum and radiance souffle help out a great deal. I can say that I would see a lot more than the couple of pimples that I have gotten and that they would have lasted longer.

I seriously feel like I have taken off a good 5 years off of my skin over the few months that I have been using Ice Elements and I really feel good about using the products over the long term as I trust the company and the ingredients that are being used.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your very thorough review Bosoxy! I'm going to have to order the line for my mom, she's looking for a skin care line that will help with her lines.
Bosoxy wrote:
Tosca,

I just wrote a bit about Ice Elements over here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=147305#147305

Most people who have used Ice Elements generally see some sort of results within the first 3 - 4 weeks, however it really depends on what the person is looking for on how long it takes to get to where s/he wants to be.

The women who I have spoken with who have used it for a couple of years say that the products continue to deliver results over the long term, in addition to the "immediate" results that they saw.

For me, my main concerns were dry skin, blackheads, redness on my nose and cheek areas, one line between my eyes, some fine lines by my eyes and a couple of forehead creases.

The dryness, ashiness, redness and blackheads are gone.

The one line between my eyes is gone... It was not very deep, but it was very noticable to me.

The lines beside my eyes are very diminished and barely there... and the forehead creases are diminished but still there...

I also have had positive results with the eye serum getting rid of darkness under my eyes in allergy season...

I do have occassional breakouts, mostly stress related as I am going through a stressful time right now, but the acne serum and radiance souffle help out a great deal. I can say that I would see a lot more than the couple of pimples that I have gotten and that they would have lasted longer.

I seriously feel like I have taken off a good 5 years off of my skin over the few months that I have been using Ice Elements and I really feel good about using the products over the long term as I trust the company and the ingredients that are being used.

Take care.
Bosoxy.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
You are very welcome dealated!

I am happy to help!
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Bosoxy, I also appreciate the in depth information. I am definitely interested in at least trying the Illumineyes and/or the Eidelweis.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
You are very welcome, Tosca.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Green Cream has made a huge difference in mine. I'm in my early 40's, and just using Level 3 nightly.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |