Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Looking my best in 5 weeks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I am the queen of layering skin care & have to say that my skin tone is very good & I rarely have breakouts....however... Smile
My son is getting married & I want to look my best. I had my latest botox update yesterday as well as a light microdermabrasion. I have another microderm in 3 weeks & any botox touch ups if I need them. I go this week for facial, manicure & pedicure; manicures each week in between & the whole works again the week before the wedding. I have pretty much given up on my weight but will still try to lose another 5 pounds or so (needed to lose 25 - 30, lost 15 so far). I am having my hair cut almost 2 weeks before but my long time hairdresser is located an hour away so I'm having practice "do's" with local people in the next few weeks. I'm not a fancy person AT ALL so this hair & having to wear makeup is a big deal for me.
So I think that I have everything in order & scheduled. I'm trying different makeup primers, eye makeup, etc to make sure that I don't scare myself when I look in the mirror Surprised (the last time I had my makeup "done" my husband giggled - I agreed ).
To the point - should I continue all of my layers every day or should I scale down, let the experts do their thing? Maybe just use my favourite cleanser, toner, retinol, antioxident & moisturizer? Or should I keep it all up - throwing on my DMAE, Vivier Kine-C, TNS, Darphin/or Cellcosmet/or Dr Denese intense treatments, AlphaDerma CE? I think that *perhaps* I'm thinking about this way too much & pray that I don't have "stress" related breakouts. I'm not the most self confident person in the world (I think that this post speaks volumes on that subject)so I want to feel that I am looking my best & enjoy the day. No mum, sisters or close friends to help.
Thank you so much - sorry for the incredible length of this Embarassed
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Ruth,

Ya gotto make sure you don't outshine the bride! Very Happy

Seriously, if your current regimen is working, I'd stick with it and avoid anything new. Practise applying your wedding day make up each morning to see how it holds up throughout the day and then maybe adjust the amount of layers if the makeup doesn't 'hold' all day (I find it difficult keeping my slap on if I have loads of layers so if I have a big day, I often just sick with my C serum and emu/ha mix under the makeup)

I'm sure you will look lovely and have a fantastic day!

Liz Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Good luck, Ruth Marion. Keep doing what works for you ...and more importantly, what are you going to wear???!
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
For the wedding, I'm wearing a 3 piece suit that's black with white edging. The sleeves of the jacket & the bottom of the (knee length) skirt have ruffle trim. The jacket is sort of Chanel styling & it all made me look skinnier than I am. (Had to love it!)
For the reception, I have a long black dress with microscopic sparkles, an empire waist with the top being sequined & beaded - skinny straps. There's a little bolero, long sleeved jacket with it. The dress is fitted, and again, makes me look way skinnier than I am so I had to love it too. I might have liked another colour for the day, but the bride asked "pretty please" so I had to practice being the good mother-in-law.
I so freaking nervous I can't stand it. My son is my only child (poor him - he's been slightly Rolling Eyes smothered) & his fiance is a doll. They've dated exclusively since high school - 8 years now! I want the day to be so perfect for them, but advise them to roll with the blips if they come up. I, on the other hand, will be munching on my valiums so as not to go over the edge. I hurt my foot over a month ago & I'm still in therapy with only a slight improvement. I'm beginning to think that shoes will be a problem, but I've purchased 2 pair to switch around & will probably bring my Naot's.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:46 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion, your clothes sound lovely. You'll look stunning. Perhaps have the shoes stretched by a cobbler or wear them a lot round the house with thick socks so that you feel comfortable in them.

Trust that your son will be happy. You're now getting a daughter as well, congratulations.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |