Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Rave for Ardell Brow and Lash Growth Accelorator!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I just had to rave about this! It has given me fabulous results in 2 weeks! My results are comparable to the pictures posted praising the $160.00 lash serum, Jan Marini I believe? My lashes are longer and appear thicker. I use it day and night and one of my eyes had lashes that were considerably shorter than the other eye, so I put it on that side more often. My lashes are looking the same length now and it surprises me when I look in the mirror to see how long they've grown in such a short time. I am so happy! I recommend that anyone who is interested in the expensive serum, but can't afford it, try this... it may just surprise you. They're on sale at drugstore.com for 2.39. In two weeks I've used up half the tube. (I put two or three coats several times a day).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it but not that often. Do you put it under your mascara? - I guess my question is how and when do you use it?
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tosca!

I haven't been wearing mascara often, usually only on the weekend, but when I do wear it I put the Ardell under it. I put the Ardell on in the morning, a few times a day (when I go to the bathroom), and before I go to bed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
I've been using it but not that often. Do you put it under your mascara? - I guess my question is how and when do you use it?

Ive used it for about a month and have seen good results, not as significant as the JM but still good. I put on three heavy coats, curl, then mascara. I also use it at night after washing my face. It does seem to be making my lashes grow faster and thicker, you just have to really work it into the roots without poking yourself in the eye. Razz

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Great! I will use more!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Way better price than Jan marini!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, the Jan Marini is too expensive for me, even though I'd love to have it.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
When I first found this site, it seemed that the rave was all about Ardell. And considering it was under $5 at my local Ulta, I decided to give it a try (being a victim of overplucked eyebrows and wanting longer lashes--> don't we all).

I applied it to my brows and lashes at night; and only to my lashes, under my mascara in the morning religiously until I got down to 1/4 of the tube. I didn't apply it to my brows in the morning because I felt it left a shiny residue that would be very noticable, and it's not something I wouldbe comfortable with. For some reason, it was beginning to seem like the Ardell was flaking off in the mornings, causing irritation to my eyes. I've come to the conclusion that I need a new tube, because the Ardell just probably got old Very Happy . So, I haven't used it ever since I stopped, but thats just because I haven't been to ulta in a long long time...

anomaly, my lashes seem longer to me as well after using Ardell. Thicker by a bit. I also had a bit of a 'growth spurt' on my brows which helped me fill them in a bit to make them more 'natural looking.'

So, I would definetly recommend Ardell to anyone to try it out and see how it works for you. If I get amazing results with a second vial (whenever I decide to give it another go Rolling Eyes), I'll fill every one in.
petesunny

Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this since last Feb. Not only has my lashes grown longer but I also have alot more! Some spots on my lower lashes were bald and now those places have even filled in.
I also use it on my eyebrows. I am low thyroid and it makes the outer edges of your brows all but disapear. Mine has grown back and in some spots almost too long! Shock

Love, love, love Ardell and all the other great tips on this board!!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using it for a few weeks. My lashes look good, but it's hard for me to tell if there's a difference because I'm actually lucky enough to have long thick lashes. I'm just greedy! I am going to start using it at least twice a day, though. If I end up looking like a freak, I'll post pics so you can all laugh at me! Laughing
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
If I end up looking like a freak, I'll post pics so you can all laugh at me! Laughing

rofl !!! Pictures of Lashes before and after would be great. I wish I would have taken pictures before...

I feel like I'm a bit greedy with my lashes as well Embarassed . Although I'm not one to have super long lashes (my SO does, however! Men never treasure these things!!!), I'm not lacking in the area though, either.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Good idea! I think I'll take pictures sometime this weekend. I've already been using it once a day for a few weeks, but I think it takes a while to make a remarkable change in your lashes or brows. There probably hasn't been much change yet. I'd love to see the results myself too!
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I have good results with Ardell too, not WOW though. Now I added Dreamlash, so I hope I'll see more improvement. Cool
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I havent tried this yet but i heard rave about it here, considering the price, ill make sure ill get one on my next trip to ulta. Cant wait.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Adrel for a while now and can't say that I have noticed any significant growth. I use as I would a clear mascara during the day, my lashes look a lot fuller and thicker whilst the Ardel is on but other than that there is not much difference.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
>>anomaly said: I just had to rave about this! It has given me fabulous results in 2 weeks! My results are comparable to the pictures posted praising the $160.00 lash serum, Jan Marini I believe? My lashes are longer and appear thicker. I use it day and night and one of my eyes had lashes that were considerably shorter than the other eye, so I put it on that side more often. My lashes are looking the same length now and it surprises me when I look in the mirror to see how long they've grown in such a short time. I am so happy! I recommend that anyone who is interested in the expensive serum, but can't afford it, try this... it may just surprise you. They're on sale at drugstore.com for 2.39. In two weeks I've used up half the tube. (I put two or three coats several times a day).<<

It is good to know that it works for you. I usde it for a while, but I did not see the results quickly enough. I then spent the money in purchasing JM product. I saw the differnce in a few weeks. I have been using it for 3 months and saw quite a differce, but my lashes are still not long enough. I will continue to use it.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this stuff for a couple of months now. I'm only using it at night. I have noticed my lashes are longer and a bit thicker.I've been a bit nervous about wearing it under mascara. I'm afraid of racoon eyes. Has anyone had this problem?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I occasionally wear mascara on top of my Ardells with no problems at all. Mind you, I only apply the mascara to my upper lashes.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:05 am      Reply with quote
I've used it under mascara with mascara on upper and lower for the last couple of days. It hasn't given me racoon eyes, and I'm very prone to them!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
jlrobatzek wrote:
I've been using this stuff for a couple of months now. I'm only using it at night. I have noticed my lashes are longer and a bit thicker.I've been a bit nervous about wearing it under mascara. I'm afraid of racoon eyes. Has anyone had this problem?

I have had no problems using it under mascara but I too only use mascara on the top lashes(yea for 1000 Hours!). I think it actually helps lock the curl in and keep my lashes from drying out.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. I'm going to start using it day and night.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
[color=darkblue][/color]
So the Ardel product comes in a tube? Do you put the product on an old, cleaned mascara wand to apply it or do you just use your finger? I would like to try this inexpensive product before paying for the Jan Marini product. Thanks much, ladies!
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
It comes in a tube with mascara wand, so, basically,you can apply it in the same way as you apply your mascara.
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
I've been using it for a few weeks. My lashes look good, but it's hard for me to tell if there's a difference because I'm actually lucky enough to have long thick lashes. I'm just greedy! I am going to start using it at least twice a day, though. If I end up looking like a freak, I'll post pics so you can all laugh at me! Laughing

Tosca, I'm in the same boat as you...my lashes are already pretty long and thick, but I'm greedy, too! Laughing Anyway, I've used Ardell twice a day for several months now, and I have to say I do see a difference...so much so that even when I seem to be "shedding" lashes right and left, I still have very full lashes (no "bald spots"). I can also see a lot of new lashes coming in, which is cool. I'd recommend this product even if it were more expensive, but for a few bucks you really can't beat it!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, Mary. I found a "before" shot that I took of my skin. I was able to zoom in on my lashes, and they're much thicker and a little longer than they were then. I've only been using it a few weeks. I'm really loving this product!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |