Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best skin firming/cellulite cream.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I want to start doing some preventive maintnence. I want to start using a skin firming/cellulite lotion. What are your favorite reasonably priced lotions and what are the best of the best lotions. I have been eyeing the cellex-c skin firming lotion, but it is like $120, so I don't think that I would be using it all the time.

I have read that people seem to like philosphy's amazing grace firming lotion, but is seems like people like the smell rather than its function.

thanks,
liz
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
I use the decleor slimming range. Currently, EDS is doing a great deal on the 2 of the products. As usual, decleor has 3 products - 2 for the morning (Decleor Expert Contour (200ml) Aromessence Contour (100ml) Duo which is being sold at $69 - oil & lotion) and a balm (Decleor Aromessence Contour Balm @ $56) for the night. If you use these regularly, they will roughly last you 5months.

I have found that after I have applied it regularly, my skin does feel better toned and smoother.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I found that Cellex-C Smoothing cream really works for me but I find it only to be temporary.
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I was told that Skin Medica was good, but I haven't tried it myself.
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Decleor AROMESSENCE TONILASTIL and Tonilastil cream for the past year and have liked the results. Nothing major but the texture and frangrance are nice and I do notice some firmness after using.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I use the decleor slimming and contour balms and find them good but I do body brush before I shower(if I have the time and remember to). Decleor smell lovely and my skin feels soft but no great change. Just read about Bliss no outlet here in Ireland but they have a new body product that heats up when you put it on got great reviews in Magazine here.
hendricks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Zia Ultimate Body Firming Treatment is very good and cheap.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I used Weleda Birch Cellulite Oil and had some improvement with it. I know people have good results with Clarins products.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Sisley Photo-Sculpt is great and smells lovely, but it's not cheap!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
So, I was looking at the ingrediants for the decleor oil and the weleda oil and I decided that I would try and make my own. So I used a base oil blend of Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil and Rose Hip oil. Then I added EO of Rosemary, peppermint, grapefruit and geranium. I chose these EO from carekate's list of EOs that help cellulite and these are the ones that I had on hand.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Liz
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
so you can't really get any noticable results from any of these products right? Exercise is the only thing?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
You can definitely get results if you massage every day after bath/shower.

easy to DIY with a good base oil and cypress, fennel, basil and some lemon. These are drainage oils that are great just to add under the running tsp to your bath, also.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using AVON'S ANEW LIFT AND TUCK based on the rave reviews on MUA. I lost 3/4 of an inch in my abdomen in just one week & was shocked! I lost alot of elasticity in my tummy after my 3rd child. Even though I've been exercising & am back to my pre-pregnancy weight, I have had a very difficult time w/the loose skin on my abdomen. I've tried other slimming creams to no avail & honestly didn't expect much from this cream either. I am floored by the results. I also use it on the back of my thighs as a preventative measure, but I don't really have anything to report in terms of cellulite b/c I fortunately don't have that problem. I will continue to use & will update with more results.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Leidon, any updates on this product?
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
I just started using AVON'S ANEW LIFT AND TUCK based on the rave reviews on MUA. I lost 3/4 of an inch in my abdomen in just one week & was shocked! I lost alot of elasticity in my tummy after my 3rd child. Even though I've been exercising & am back to my pre-pregnancy weight, I have had a very difficult time w/the loose skin on my abdomen. I've tried other slimming creams to no avail & honestly didn't expect much from this cream either. I am floored by the results. I also use it on the back of my thighs as a preventative measure, but I don't really have anything to report in terms of cellulite b/c I fortunately don't have that problem. I will continue to use & will update with more results.

Wow! That's impressive! Has it helped much with firming, or mostly with slimming?

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |