Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What product has best result for Freckle and pigment!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know any products which is good for pigment? I got some pigment on my cheek area, and already tried lots of products, but didnt see good result on my skin...need help!!!!!!!! Sad
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
What did you try already?

There's lactic acid, mandelic acid, Kojic acid, Vit C, high PPD sunscreens and MSM supplements amongst other things.
athena
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C, AHA, home microdermabrasion and great sunscreen have helped me.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, MOLLY:
I am using MD formulation at moment, I found it is very good for helping my open pores and pimples, but didnt see good result for my scar and pigment... Sad
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:53 am      Reply with quote
I like the effects of Ice Elements radiance souffle, which has a slow release glycolic that I use along with, but on different days, as their blueberry mask, which has great brightening qualities.

Both work well on light and dark skin as well as sensitive skin, although those with breakouts may have trouble with the blueberry mask until their skin has become a bit more balanced.

Take care.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi yaling111. I definitely would keep using glycolics but you may want to try some other acids as well. I think lactic/mandelic are supposed to be good for discolorations/freckles, but from what I've read the best for this is TCA. Keep an eye on the 12.5% TCA peel that I started because I just tried my first peel last night. I bought it primarily for this reason so I can be a guinea pig for you! Very Happy

In the meantime, you might want to look around on the internet for some before/after pics with TCA. I've seen some great results although most of them out there went to a derm and had the high strength peel done. I'm too chicken for that though! Good luck with your quest!
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
All of these are great suggestions so far. Just realize that if you do peels or use exfoliants (mandelic, glycolic, etc), lightening agents such as kojic acid, etc, to make sure that you ALWAYS wear a sunscreen or else you will be a prime cantidate for rebound hyperpigmentation.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:04 am      Reply with quote
I read at an arabic forum that ladies are using ginger on dark pigmentation. Some of them used it for a month daily and saw an improvement up to 80%.

I tried it twice on my face but it burned alot, so I decided to stop using it.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:25 am      Reply with quote
HI, thanks for all the good suggestion, I think I will try TCA this time, wish me good luck!! Smile
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:46 am      Reply with quote
Why don't you try something gentler first?

IMHO you don't sound that experienced with acids (but I could be wrong) and I'm worried you might hurt yourself badly Confused.

We regularly get people popping up on the boards who burn themselves.

If you do go ahead better make sure you've got an extremely reliable sunscreen for after that.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Molly:
Do u have any better suggestion? I would like to know if that really can help my pigments.. Confused
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Yaling
A lot of things can work to minimise pigmentation.

But first things first;

What kind of pigmentation is it? A little bit of freckling or dark symetrical patches on both cheeks? It might just be superficial or it could be melasma?

Which product from MD formulations did you try and for how long?

What do you use to exfoliate?

Do you use Vit C?

Do you use a sunscreen every day? What brand?

How old are you?

We're all different. I don't think one answer will suit everyone.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I'd never heard of TCA, but I just looked it up and found this:

"Trichloroacetic acid

Similar term(s): Trichloroethanoic acid, TCA, Trichloromethanecarboxylic acid
Definition:

CCl3COOH. A haloacetic acid (organic). A colourless to white, crystalline solid with a sharp, pungent odor and very soluble in water. Trichloroacetic acid is an irritant and corrosive. Inhalation of trichloroacetic acid vapour may lead to a sore throat and cause fluid to fill the lungs (pulmonary oedema). Trichloroacetic acid can burn the skin and eyes. Blurred vision and permanent eye damage can occur. Long term exposures may lead to a chronic cough and bronchial pneumonia may also occur. Teeth may erode. Trichloroacetic acid is also corrosive on ingestion."

Confused I'm confused. Is that the same stuff? Sounds scary.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Why don't you try something gentler first?

IMHO you don't sound that experienced with acids (but I could be wrong) and I'm worried you might hurt yourself badly Confused.

We regularly get people popping up on the boards who burn themselves.

If you do go ahead better make sure you've got an extremely reliable sunscreen for after that.

I totally agree that you should try some low % peels first and work your way up to TCA. I've been doing glycolic peels for well over a year now, and TCA is only recommended after working your way up since it is extremely potent (although the 8% and 12.5% are considered "light" peels with only 1 layer, at least by platinum skincare). And DEFINITELY wear sunscreen. Regardless if you decide to do peels you should wear it daily just to prevent new freckles from appearing! Good luck! Very Happy
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
DDF holistic lightener worked well for me.
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely would not dive right in to a TCA peel as your first step toward lightening freckles! Have you ever had any peels before? Glycolic? Lactic? Salicylic? If not, I would NEVER recommend a TCA peel. Also, are you using leave on exfoliating products now? If you are not pretreating the skin with appropriate concentrations of AHA products for at least 4-6 weeks before your peel, you most likely will experience uneven peeling - some areas will not accept the peel, whereas other areas will absorb very deeply. Are you prepared to have skin turn brown, curl up & flake off of your face? Are you able to take several days off from work & are you knowledgable in what to do as aftercare?

I don't mean to scare you, but these are things that can (and most often do) happen with TCA peels. This is not a peel I would ever recommend a client doing at home & I would not recommend they have it done at a dermatologist or medspa if they have not had prior peels. TCA peels are not like glycolics or lactics. They cannot be neutralized. They are very painful. Also, the result is not based so much on the concentration, as the application technique. If it is not applied in a specific manner, it can go too deep & cause damage.

Please let us know what type of peels & percentages (with pH if you know) you have used. Also, are you using any AHA products now? Percentage & pH would help if you know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi MOLLY:
I am 30 years old, I got a bit of freckle on my both cheek, they are not very dark, but is much more then before...

I am using MDF glycolic Facial cleanser, facial lotion, moisture defence serum, and SPF30 in morning

and

MDF glycolic Facial cleanser, facial lotion, illuminating serum, moisture defence serum, and SPF30 at night time.

I used MDF for at least 6 years...and sometimes I also did AHA peel (25%, PH3.Cool at home. I dont use Vit C, I tried before.. found my skin looks darker than before, so I stop it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |