Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
problem: sensitive skin is dry outside, oily on the inside
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:33 am      Reply with quote
was wondering if any1 has found a solution to my skin type:
dry outside, oily on the inside, so face is covered in a white head rash that may or may not come to surface as zits, but very obvious under certain ligthing. when i touch my face i can feel patches of bump.

skin is also very sensitive from years of retinA and glycolic abuse. now when i do glycolic peels it justs break my skin out into a reddish rash that erupts into a full blown breakout.

AVC and aspirin masks and toners do not seem to help.

shrimp and some seafood exacerbates this condition too..

also find that skin is getting from worse as i get older?!(am 26 now)

am using decleor ylangylang balm, rose d'orient balm and oil, copper peptide at night.

daytime: remede sunblock(sometimes ;0), decleor harmonie

wash my face with SLS free bar soaps.

these seem to be the only products my skin can tolerate, but i have yet to find anything that can significantly improve my skin condition.

any solution, ladies?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I have the same problem and this is my new regime and it is working.

AM
Cetaphil genle cleanser
IS Clinical Super Serum
Cellcosmet eye contour gel-XT
Cellcosmet Sensative day moisterizer
Skinceuticals SPF 30

PM
Cetaphil for oily skin cleanser and may change to ISC facial cleanser
sample of Valmont eye cream
Cellcosmet Sensative night moisterizer

MIDDAY
prescription Vitamin A cream to be worn 3 to 4 hours(for my acne problem)
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Skincare, what do u think is causing this condition?

Oily products? Not enough exfoliation? Food sensitivity?
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like you have very reactive skin, I recommend laying of the products you are using right now for a while- maybe a month or so just to let your skin heal. Stay away from refined carbs, saturated fats, salty food. The seafood could be trouble for your skin because of the iodine, maybe look into a low iodine diet (milk is rich in iodine). Keep using the SLS free soap bar you have, but just use emu oil as a moisturizer or something like this:http://shop.nurturecenter.com/cabacacr.html
and of course, sunblock.

I have reactive skin just like yours, and after years of damage on my skin this really helped heal it.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:22 am      Reply with quote
My doctor said that I should eat more fish because the Omega 3, 6, and 9 can come out of your pores a lot easier and it is easier digest that type of fat compared to beef and pork fat.

When he told me this, I thought that really made a lot of sense and I changed my diet and it did help but I also use prescription Vitamin A cream that is a stronger chemical exfoliant and some women use it to smooth out their wrinkles.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
i have oily on the inside dry on the outside too Sad amongst combo/reactive/sensative combo.. i 2nd the omegas suggestion. my mom told me that eating more good fats and using more moisture masks would balance out my skin. i do notice when i eat more nuts or flax and do moisture masks every day or every other day that my skin does balance itself out..
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
It is good to hear that someone heard a similar information about good fats and bad fats. I guess everything should be in good moderation Very Happy

I hope others who had this problem could share what they have done to solve this skin problem.
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Your problem may also be that the products that you were using dried out your skin or that your skin is naturally dry... In either case, dry skin can seem like it is excessively oily due to blocked pores and the skin trying to create oil to heal the dry.

A gentle exfoliation and hydration would probably help the situation, also laying off anything harsh for at least a couple of weeks to a month to allow the skin to balance out.

Products with aloe will probably also help to heal the skin...

One product that I would highly recommend is Ice Elements anti aging serum as it contains the highest pharmacuetical grade of aloe that is used in hospitals, as well as antartcicine. This product will help to both heal and hydrate your skin, which is what I feel it really needs.

For exfoliation, I would go with the Ice Elements 2 minute miracle as it contains that same aloe, and is soothing and hydrating as it exfoliates. The only thing that one would need to be careful of is to be sure to use a gentle massage once the product is liquified as an aggressive massaging of the face can harm sensitive skin.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jellytot,

Have you seen a dermatologist? If not, I would definitely make an appointment. The thing about seafood aggravating your condition is something that a good dermatologist could make sense of.

You skin sounds very inflammed and dehydrated, and your skin barrier is probably compromised. If your bar soap is too high in ph or contains detergents, this can contribute to the dehydration and irritation. Your skin may as someone else mentioned, produce more oil to compensate.

I recommend--while you're waiting for your dermatologist appointment--trying a ph balanced, detergent free cleanser (Rosehip seed or Wheatgerm cleanser by Professional Solutions are excellent, you can get them at skincarecentral.biz or DianaYvonne.com). And use nothing else for a while except emu oil to heal your skin. It will not cause more breakouts. It's totally non-comedogenic. It is very anti-inflammatory. After your skin calms down then start with a gentle BHA product--I recommend Exfol serum as it is 2% salicylic acid in an AloeVera base. Non irritating. Available at same places I mentioned.

Borage oil supplements are good as they are anti-inflammatory. 1,000 mg capsules, 1 capsule 3 times a day. Same thing with Omega 3 supplement. I think you should be okay as there should not be any iodine in these--best to double check on that though.

Good luck...I hope you get better soon. I really believe that if you can heal your skin barrier and stop irritating it, you will be much better. Do see a dermatologist, though.
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
If you are sensitive, I suggest not to use any kind of exfoliate or scrub. It makes things worse, at least for me it is true. Also no products containing acids. Acids would burn your skin.
The last thing is to choose a line famous for taking care of sensitive skin, such as la mer. Maybe you would feel oily during the daytime, so use the cream at night while take the oil absortion lotion for the day.

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
panda
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
i was travelling in shanghai one winter when my boss decided it would be "fun" to walk around instead of taking the car. after a 45 minute stroll with freezing air beating against my face, i went back to the hotel and cranked up the heat. i don't know if it was the wind or the crazy heat, but my skin was in terrible shape. after a few days in shanghai, i returned home with a rash on my neck and bumps on my face. my friend suggested la mer. she gave me some of her cream and the rash and bumps disappeared!

word of caution, i have used this in hot weather and i broke out (big cystic acne)! so you should take itisme's advice on the lotion. i haven't used la mer since the breakout because i am deathly afraid of pimples. this is probably a good thing though for my wallet!

nowadays, when my skin is dry and aggrevated, i use phytomer's desensitize mask and elemis' sos emergency cream.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:28 am      Reply with quote
panda wrote:
i was travelling in shanghai one winter when my boss decided it would be "fun" to walk around instead of taking the car. after a 45 minute stroll with freezing air beating against my face, i went back to the hotel and cranked up the heat. i don't know if it was the wind or the crazy heat, but my skin was in terrible shape. after a few days in shanghai, i returned home with a rash on my neck and bumps on my face. my friend suggested la mer. she gave me some of her cream and the rash and bumps disappeared!

word of caution, i have used this in hot weather and i broke out (big cystic acne)! so you should take itisme's advice on the lotion. i haven't used la mer since the breakout because i am deathly afraid of pimples. this is probably a good thing though for my wallet!

nowadays, when my skin is dry and aggrevated, i use phytomer's desensitize mask and elemis' sos emergency cream.

I agree panda, I found la mer help my dry skin but with long term use, it created acne, then I used the rest of the jar on my feet!
So far, I have found Cellcosmet cream does not create acne.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I also had surprisingly good success last week when my skin had gotten so dehydrated that I was getting pin prick sensations on my face. I can't use AHA's due to sensitivity, and I had problems getting rid of the flaky dead skin on the surface of my skin. It was very uncomfortable. Anyway, I walked into Nordstrom and a couple of Osmotics reps said I should try their Creme L'Extreme. It is their barrier repair cream. They said it would cure me "instantly." Well this made me immediately suspicious. Rolling Eyes I read the ingredients and saw: Lanolin, glycerin, petrolatum, and some other things. I said, "Lanolin! I'll break out from that! Petroletum--are you kidding me??" They assured me that these were purified versions and that this product absolutely would not break me out. I allowed them to smear this stuff all over my face. I did look a bit greasy the rest of the day. Later that evening I was absent-mindedly rubbing my face...there were little balls of product coming off. I rubbed a bit harder and stuff rolled off my skin all over my face. Underneath, my skin felt silky soft and smooth, where earlier it had been dry and flaky. The next morning my skin had regained its glow, there was absolutely no dead skin left on the surface of my face. I was amazed (especially to find department store reps tell me the truth about something! Bad Grin )

My theory is that this barrier repair cream sealed in the moisture in my skin, and that something in the formulation--it is thick and a bit sticky grabbed onto my dead skin cells and allowed it to slough off. With no irritation of AHA! Very Happy I did buy some of this cream...I am sold on it! Smile Cool
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
thanks everyone!~!
Poco Loco: i haven seen so many dermatologists, none have been very helpful. i have been prescribed everything possible from antibiotics to tretinoin to accutane to ipl.
My boyfriend says the key to good skin is 'KISS'--Keep It Simple Stupid.
He only washes his face with water, and uses cleanser only if he sweats a lot--he never breaks out!!
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Oh , 1 more question:
do u think the baby quasar will help me or it will worsen my condition?
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if the BQ would help your skin or not. It supposed be tightening, and to help with pigmentation and puffy undereyes. So it's mostly for anti-aging.

I like the KISS approach and would love to see how you do with the proper cleanser, Exfol added after a while, and emu oil to moisturize. These simple products will prevent dehydration and overproduction of oil, irritation and inflammation from detergents (in your bad cleansers and face creams), and will restore the acid mantle of your skin. This will make your skin stronger (more resistant to invastion from bacteria) and less prone to dehydration and pimples. Later add copper peptide serum, to further promote the healing.

PM me if you want more specific recommendations on products.
panda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
hi skincare, which cellcosmet cream are you using? i can't believe you used it on your feet! your feet must have been smooth and feeling lovely during the time. i tend to use my 'impulse purchase creams that give me zits' on my hands....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |