Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr. CareKate's "lab" raided by police!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
So there I am in my kitchen, minding my own business, trying to whip up a homemade version of my beloved Jurlique Rose Silk Dust when there is a knock on my front door on Friday evening. Imagine my surprise to find myself confronted by a couple of local county sheriff's we ask if they can come in and have a look around because they'd gotten an "anonymous tip" that I have been making "illegal substances" in my kitchen and they want to make sure I'm not running an illegal meth lab or some such nonsense! Shock Shock Shock

Apparently, in a latest volley of tit-for-tat, my next door neighbors reported me to the police in retaliation for my mom's "disturbing the peace" complaint against them after a post-Labor Day party went on until the wee-hours the weekend before.

The cops said I had been overseen standing in my kitchen window wearing a dust mask and gloves, fooling around with "suspicious-looking white powders" and funnels and beakers and measuring spoons and apparently it looked for all the world like I was preparing to cook up a dose of heroin or crack cocaine!

In actuality, I was sifting together a batch of silk powder, corn starch and silica and then trying to blend in the "wet" essential oils in an attempt to blend up my first batch of homemade Silk Dust. I explained to the officers that I am an avid skincare and beauty DIYer and showed them my extensive collection of raw ingredients, as well as I my collection of "recipes."

After tasting my Silk Dust powder mixture to ensure its authenticity (note: apparently -- judging by the expression on the policeman's face after tasting it -- Silk Dust is neither very edible nor tasty!), the officers apologized profusely for their mistake and departed, but first warned me that in the future I may want to draw the curtains over my kitchen sink to prevent any more of these sorts of misunderstandings caused by noisy/vindictive neighbors.

Just to show that there were no hard feelings, I gathered a goody-bag of my homemade skincare samples for the deputies to take home to their wives to try out. I was even more surprised when my phone rang just now and discovered it was one of the officers who just wanted to tell me that his girlfriend LOVED the homemade Silk Dust, Lip Scrub and Super Sonic mask and she wanted him to find out if I would be willing to sell her some full-sized products!

The moral of this story: if you've got noisy and/or suspicious neighbors, you might want to be careful when you're mixing your homemade powders and potions lest you, too, receive an unexpected knock at your door....

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:57 am      Reply with quote
LMAO! Laughing

Oh my God, that truely is priceless. My monitor is sprayed with green tea.

(I´d send the neighbors some loose silk dust in an envelope, if I were you.)
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:58 am      Reply with quote
rofl Too Funny....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
just too sweet! Laughing nosy nast neighbor tries to nip you in the bud and ends up launching your career.... Bad Grin

i do hope you offered those officers some goodies for themselves -- for their mouth. from experience(trying my first make-up application with the bum arm and ended up with brush in mouth), Silk Dust really does taste nasty!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
It sounds like you have the same neighbors my son has! Whatever happened to minding your own business? You keep on mixing up your concotions, carekate. Next they will report you for witchcraft. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
LOL! OMG, that is too funny!

At least the cops apologized. Knowing the ones we have in my area, they'd still haul you downtown just for good measure! Rolling Eyes
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Shock Laughing OMG I can't stop laughing!!
At least you now have the cops on side as customers Very Happy

Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
This is just too funny! Laughing
Carekate the silk powder bomder. Bad Grin Bad Grin
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
OMG, I hope you don't end up the terrorist list, then you'd really be in be trouble and we would not be able to benedfit from your DIY genius!! LOL
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Hmm. Well it is quite an intersting way to get clients. LOL Laughing I say keep those curtains opened. You never know who else may have a wife/gf/sister etc who would love to purchase more of your goodies. LOL Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:07 am      Reply with quote
What a great story! I love it that the cops ended up as customers! Laughing

Mary Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Your story has given me a MUCH needed laugh... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
thanks for the laugh!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
oh my god!
that is too funny!
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
lol cute! thanks for sharing that gave me a smile~
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
That is priceless.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate that's the best story i've heard! having a great laugh here!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
So there I am in my kitchen, minding my own business, trying to whip up a homemade version of my beloved Jurlique Rose Silk Dust when there is a knock on my front door on Friday evening. Imagine my surprise to find myself confronted by a couple of local county sheriff's we ask if they can come in and have a look around because they'd gotten an "anonymous tip" that I have been making "illegal substances" in my kitchen and they want to make sure I'm not running an illegal meth lab or some such nonsense! Shock Shock Shock

Apparently, in a latest volley of tit-for-tat, my next door neighbors reported me to the police in retaliation for my mom's "disturbing the peace" complaint against them after a post-Labor Day party went on until the wee-hours the weekend before.

The cops said I had been overseen standing in my kitchen window wearing a dust mask and gloves, fooling around with "suspicious-looking white powders" and funnels and beakers and measuring spoons and apparently it looked for all the world like I was preparing to cook up a dose of heroin or crack cocaine!

In actuality, I was sifting together a batch of silk powder, corn starch and silica and then trying to blend in the "wet" essential oils in an attempt to blend up my first batch of homemade Silk Dust. I explained to the officers that I am an avid skincare and beauty DIYer and showed them my extensive collection of raw ingredients, as well as I my collection of "recipes."

After tasting my Silk Dust powder mixture to ensure its authenticity (note: apparently -- judging by the expression on the policeman's face after tasting it -- Silk Dust is neither very edible nor tasty!), the officers apologized profusely for their mistake and departed, but first warned me that in the future I may want to draw the curtains over my kitchen sink to prevent any more of these sorts of misunderstandings caused by noisy/vindictive neighbors.

Just to show that there were no hard feelings, I gathered a goody-bag of my homemade skincare samples for the deputies to take home to their wives to try out. I was even more surprised when my phone rang just now and discovered it was one of the officers who just wanted to tell me that his girlfriend LOVED the homemade Silk Dust, Lip Scrub and Super Sonic mask and she wanted him to find out if I would be willing to sell her some full-sized products!

The moral of this story: if you've got noisy and/or suspicious neighbors, you might want to be careful when you're mixing your homemade powders and potions lest you, too, receive an unexpected knock at your door....

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Someone reported us to the police for supposedly having a grow op. We had put some frosty glass covering for privacy in the back 2 bedrooms and the airconditioner vents out the one window.

How did we find out about the tip to the police? I think you can guess what my husband does for a living. We're still laughing over our supposed grow op Bad Grin
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'd be so tee'd off with those vindictive neighbours Carekate ! But what a funny story Laughing
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you should give some of your white powder placed in a ziploc bag to your neighbours and let them know that the policeman's girlfriend wanted to buy some off of you. Bad Grin That might really freak them out Bad Grin
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
too funny, but maybe you should mix in front of different windows so you can get more customers, laughing so hard, little do your neighbors know they just made you money and gained you new customers Cool !!
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
rofl Carekate, that's a riot!! Laughing Laughing
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
That is just hilarious!
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Too funny, Carekate. I hope you find a way to let your vindictive neighbor know how her scheme backfired!
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
That is hysterical, Carrie! Thanks for the great laugh. Laughing Laughing Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |