Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Talika Eyelash Accelerator
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Have any of you tried Talika's? I saw from a beauty magazine that it works too. I looked into it and found that it only costs $30 dollars. I am using JM's right now, but it is too expensive. I am looking for alternatives. If any of you have tried it, please post your results. Thank you,

Rose
root1979
5% products discount

Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I only use it for a week and haven't really notice much difference. The sale person said it will take 2 weeks to see any difference and she said my lash will be longer after continue usage for 30 days
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Do you plan to use it for 30 days and see if it works? Please post your results if you do. Thanks for your quick reply.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
I used it for 3 weeks on my brows when I'd had a tweezer accident. Confused
It didn't do anything for them.
Goofygal
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Talika has a good review on MakeupAlley and you should probably check it out. As of now, 202 had reviewed it and 84% would buy again. You can check out the reviews over there.

I've been using JM for the last 6-7 weeks and has intention to switch to Talika after this bottle. Mainly due to cost.

30s; Fair to Medium with yellow undertones; Combination skin - occasional breakouts, vertical brow lines, age spots, acne marks, few broken caps, tiny bumps (chicken skin); Eyes: puffy, dark circles and fine lines..... yeah, lots to fix Smile WIP
st3rlite
5% products discount

Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:44 am      Reply with quote
i've almost finished my tube of talika but unfortunately haven't seen any results. must admit though I have been using it on and off (as in not routinely every day) so I'm not sure whether that lessens the effectiveness.
shantel
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:45 am      Reply with quote
I love Talika - but I will never switch using JM! I am not sure if Talika gave my any lash growth, but it does a GREAT job in conditioning my lashes (keeping them moist, dark bouncy, just nice & healthy). I use it as addition to JM.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
It did not work for me.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Talika made my eyes red, watery and puffy. I ended up tossing it. I am using ardell now, no bad reaction and you can't beat the price Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for the valuable info. It seems that I have not seen any report that JM does not work, but it is so expensive. I will give Talika a whirl after my JM is gone. It is good to know that even if Talika does not work, it will still provide moisturing effect.
PocoLoco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Rose, just be careful to buy bonafide JM product. There are a few of us who bought from a Hawaiian eBay vendor and had "issues" with the product. Myself included. Money down the drain. Confused
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the warning Poco.

I used too much JM last night and my eyes are red and watery all day. I should cut down to the amount I used before.
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies, do most of you buy your JM from EDS? I would like to buy a tube within the next week but since it is so expensive I'm thinking I should maybe shop around? Also, has JM not worked for anybody? Thanks!
Shirley M
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Shirley,

I bought JM from EDS and not ebay because after the discount is applied, the price was almost identical to ebay's cheapest price. many other sites have the serum for well more than EDS's "before discount" price.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:16 am      Reply with quote
FYI - the ingredients in both Talika and Mavala are almost identical to the ingredients in Ardell. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to JM, you're better off going with Ardell for the price.

Personally, I tried both products (plus a slew of others) and was completely UNDERwhelmed. You're better off with Ardell and maybe adding a nutritional supplement containing Silica to your diet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
FYI - the ingredients in both Talika and Mavala are almost identical to the ingredients in Ardell. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to JM, you're better off going with Ardell for the price.

Personally, I tried both products (plus a slew of others) and was completely UNDERwhelmed. You're better off with Ardell and maybe adding a nutritional supplement containing Silica to your diet.

Are all of these applied in the same way as JM where you apply like eyeliner? I thought some were more like mascara? Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Marie1120 wrote:
carekate wrote:

Are all of these applied in the same way as JM where you apply like eyeliner? I thought some were more like mascara? Thanks.
They are applied like mascara, only JM utilizes the "eyeliner approach" but active ingredients of these lash serums still get where they need to go (root of lashes) no matter how they're applied.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, carekate!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Talika too and was unimpressed - ended up using it as an eyebrow groomer!!

Now trying Dream Lash - want the JM but sooooooo pricey - think other half would divorce me for spending that on an eye lash serum LOL!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
not after you batted your eyelashes at him Very Happy
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

I've tried the Ardell and it bugged my eyes so much I have to wash the stuff off. I can used the Talika but have used it for less than a week. So the jury is out on it's results.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi all. I purchased my first JM lash serum on ebay and was just wondering if any of you remember the name of the Hawaiian who's selling the fake product. If anyone knows, please let me know.. Thanks!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Talika and find it is working for me. I notice the difference more because I don't ever wear mascara. My lashes has gotten darker and longer. I've ordered another tube Wink
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Anyone read this article yet?

By Jill Serjeant
Tue Oct 24, 3:45 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Think you've seen it all when it comes to cosmetic surgery?
Look more closely. Eyelash transplant surgery wants to become the new must-have procedure for women -- and the occasional man -- convinced that beauty is not so much in the eye of the beholder as in front of the eye itself.

Using procedures pioneered by the hair loss industry for balding men, surgeons are using "plug and sew" techniques to give women long, sweeping lashes once achieved only by glued on extensions and thick lashings of mascara.

And just like human hair -- for that is the origin -- these lashes just keep on growing.

"Longer, thicker lashes are an ubiquitous sign of beauty. Eyelash transplantation does for the eyes what breast augmentation does for the figure," said Dr Alan Bauman, a leading proponent of eyelash transplants.

"This is a brand new procedure for the general public (and) it is going to explode," Bauman told Reuters during what was billed as the world's first live eyelash surgery workshop for about 40 surgeons from around the world.

Under the procedure, a small incision is made at the back of the scalp to remove 30 or 40 hair follicles which are carefully sewn one by one onto the patient's eyelids. Only light sedation and local anesthetics are used and the cost is around $3,000 an eye.

The technique was first confined to patients who had suffered burns or congenital malformations of the eye. But word spread and about 80 percent are now done for cosmetic reasons.

For many women, eyelash surgery is simply an extra item on the vast nip tuck menu that has lost its old taboos.

More than 10 million cosmetic procedures -- from tummy tucks to botox -- were performed in the United States in 2005, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The figure represents a 38 percent increase over the year 2000.

Erica Lynn, 27, a Florida model with long auburn hair, breast implants and a nose job, had eyelash transplants three years ago because she was fed up with wearing extensions on her sandy-colored lashes.

"When I found out about it, I just had to have it done. Everyone I mention it to wants it. I think eyelashes are awesome. You can never have enough of them," Lynn said.

Bauman, who practices in Florida, does about three or four a month. Dr. Sara Wasserbauer, a Northern California hair restoration surgeon, says she has been inundated by requests.

"I have been getting a ton of eyelash inquiries ... If I had $10 dollars for every consultation, I'd be a rich woman."

The surgery is not for everyone. The transplanted eyelashes grow just like head hair and need to be trimmed regularly and sometimes curled. Very curly head hair makes for eyelashes with too much kink.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
TooInvolved wrote:
Anyone read this article yet?

By Jill Serjeant
Tue Oct 24, 3:45 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Think you've seen it all when it comes to cosmetic surgery?
Look more closely. Eyelash transplant surgery wants to become the new must-have procedure for women -- and the occasional man -- convinced that beauty is not so much in the eye of the beholder as in front of the eye itself.

Using procedures pioneered by the hair loss industry for balding men, surgeons are using "plug and sew" techniques to give women long, sweeping lashes once achieved only by glued on extensions and thick lashings of mascara.

And just like human hair -- for that is the origin -- these lashes just keep on growing.

"Longer, thicker lashes are an ubiquitous sign of beauty. Eyelash transplantation does for the eyes what breast augmentation does for the figure," said Dr Alan Bauman, a leading proponent of eyelash transplants.

"This is a brand new procedure for the general public (and) it is going to explode," Bauman told Reuters during what was billed as the world's first live eyelash surgery workshop for about 40 surgeons from around the world.

Under the procedure, a small incision is made at the back of the scalp to remove 30 or 40 hair follicles which are carefully sewn one by one onto the patient's eyelids. Only light sedation and local anesthetics are used and the cost is around $3,000 an eye.

The technique was first confined to patients who had suffered burns or congenital malformations of the eye. But word spread and about 80 percent are now done for cosmetic reasons.

For many women, eyelash surgery is simply an extra item on the vast nip tuck menu that has lost its old taboos.

More than 10 million cosmetic procedures -- from tummy tucks to botox -- were performed in the United States in 2005, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. The figure represents a 38 percent increase over the year 2000.

Erica Lynn, 27, a Florida model with long auburn hair, breast implants and a nose job, had eyelash transplants three years ago because she was fed up with wearing extensions on her sandy-colored lashes.

"When I found out about it, I just had to have it done. Everyone I mention it to wants it. I think eyelashes are awesome. You can never have enough of them," Lynn said.

Bauman, who practices in Florida, does about three or four a month. Dr. Sara Wasserbauer, a Northern California hair restoration surgeon, says she has been inundated by requests.

"I have been getting a ton of eyelash inquiries ... If I had $10 dollars for every consultation, I'd be a rich woman."

The surgery is not for everyone. The transplanted eyelashes grow just like head hair and need to be trimmed regularly and sometimes curled. Very curly head hair makes for eyelashes with too much kink.

I heard about it a few years ago, but I don't know anyone that's had it done. I dunno, it's kinda creepy to me, but then again I'm freaked out by anything related to eyeballs (how ironic, given my new hobby!), much less needles near eyeballs!!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |