Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
HK members: Where to buy emu oil?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi, sorry to bother...

Can any Hong Kong members help me out? Any idea where I can buy emu oil in HK?

Thank you!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I had a look around a couple of years back and couldn't find it anywhere. Actually I couldn't find anyone who even knew what it was.

Since then I've been buying online from the States but would also like to know if I can get it locally?
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
You can buy emu oil at Health gate at Des voux road Smile
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:06 am      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
You can buy emu oil at Health gate at Des voux road Smile

mithai, please can you elaborate where about is the shop (e.g. near Landmark or Wing On etc.?). TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I finally got to check out this Health Gate place today while in Central.

LifeisBeautiful - the address is 8/F, Hung Tak Bldg, 106 Des Voeux Road.

They have quite an extensive range and def worth a look. Re the emu oil - it's HK149 for 200 ml. I didn't like the look of it though, it's sort of separated, with the top half clear liquid and milky underneath. I'm guessing it's something to do with the processing method? (The oil I've been using is white/milky in colour and never separates) There's no brand name and it looks like they might buy in bulk and repackage it for sale ??

Anyway I did buy some other items, mostly Jason stuff. Thanks for the info, Mithai! I know you mentioned Health Gate in another post a while back and I got there at last Very Happy
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:56 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:

They have quite an extensive range and def worth a look. Re the emu oil - it's HK149 for 200 ml. I didn't like the look of it though, it's sort of separated, with the top half clear liquid and milky underneath. I'm guessing it's something to do with the processing method? (The oil I've been using is white/milky in colour and never separates) There's no brand name and it looks like they might buy in bulk and repackage it for sale ??

Could it be that it's only once refined emu oil vs. triple refined emu oil that you've been using (esp if you were using dremu before)? Because I've seen pictures of normal refined emu oil and it does look sort of separated like you described. But then again like you I'd be a bit wary due to the price and the "no-nameness" of it.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot, appletini. So kind of you to supply the address - so this is not a ground floor shop - I would have looked in vain along the Des Voeux Road without your info Wink !!

Will have a look at their range next time I am in Central.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:11 am      Reply with quote
lifeisbeautiful - welcome! That place is so well hidden I'm surprised anyone finds it.

sormui - I probably gave the wrong impression in my last post. Sometimes I think there's no connection whatsoever between my typing fingers and my brain Laughing Wasn’t meaning to criticise the emu oil they have on sale, just that it’s different to what I’m used to.

For all I know, the “separating” kind may be better. I know there’s been some discussion here re different methods of refining emu oil, but I haven’t bothered to read through it yet as I was happy with what I’ve been using. I've been buying from the same website in the States for a few years, uniquelyemu
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:23 am      Reply with quote
i've been having some trouble lately looking for Witch Hazel in Hong Kong.... Sad

could anybody help?
thanks in advance

gosa
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Mithai and Appletini!

Hmmm, I was hoping for a home run product. The separating emu oil sounds too iffy.

I found the website for Health Gate (www.health-gate.com), and did a search for "emu oil". What turned up was emu oil for arthritis and pain relief. I wonder if the store thinks of emu oil as just for pain relief, and so just stocks cheap stuff you wouldn't want to use on your face?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Off topic, but this might be of interest to some.

After much searching, I finally found a US website that ships Burts Bees products to HK. They have the whole range of BB products at 20% off the recommended retail. Of course the shipping bumps the price up, especially for heavy products like shampoo, but it's still WAY below HK prices. I received my order today, 14 BB products, and cost me just over HK1,000, inc shipping. (It was a bit slow though, took almost a month from date of ordering) Anyway, this is the website:
https://www.vitaminlife.com/
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
RMB wrote:
Hi, sorry to bother...

Thank you!

Hey I am just curious, do you find the prices on this website competitive enough comparing to those HK stores? I know sasa and Bonjour usually give decent discounts.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
gosa wrote:
i've been having some trouble lately looking for Witch Hazel in Hong Kong.... Sad

could anybody help?
thanks in advance

gosa

Healthgate(again!) and Healt Quest part of City super(I go to Times Square one) HTH some!
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
lifeisbeautiful - welcome! That place is so well hidden I'm surprised anyone finds it.

Yeah....I found it through Asiaxpat website. and most of my friends still cant find wholegrain pasta for their kids Smile They are all forever grateful once they know about it Wink ....BTW if you dont know about asiaxpat.com.hk.........I would highly recommend it for all kind of information from tailors to stationary to organic food etcetc.....just use the search function.
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
RMB wrote:
Hi, sorry to bother...

Thank you!

Hey I am just curious, do you find the prices on this website competitive enough comparing to those HK stores? I know sasa and Bonjour usually give decent discounts.

Can we all share a little Hong Kong shopping advice?

I'm not a Hong Kong resident, but I do visit very often. Here's my general take on skincare shopping in Hong Kong.

Places I go:

Department Stores:
Seibu-Pacific Place. Good for brands like LRP.

SoGo-Causeway Bay. More youth-oriented options. Good for brands like Sofina.

Specialty Stores
Facess-Harbour City. Feels just like the cosmetics section in a department store. But here you'll find smaller brands like Ole Henriksen.

All of the above I find are just like department stores everywhere. Everything is at retail price, but they always have some sort of promotion running, especially during holidays. However, these promotions usually involve you buying kits full of items you don't want, or you paying retail for what you do want, and them giving you something extra, like lipstick.

Specialty Stores con't.
Joyce Beauty-Check the different locations. They vary slightly in what they carry. For example JB-Causeway Bay has Dr. Hauschka products in spa sizes, but JB-Festival Walk does not.

Good for lesser-known, more-expensive brands like Eve Lom, ReVive. The prices are full retail (like what you'd pay at Eve Lom Online). The thing is Joyce Beauty has a card (available after making 3000 HKD in purchases) that offers a 10% discount on all additional purchases.

I shop at Joyce because in my mind instant gratification + 10% discount somewhat = EDS 20% discount. However, Joyce does offer prices which I think beat EDS discounted prices on Dr. H. products, the catch is you have to buy the spa sizes. My eyes bulged when I saw Dr. H facial toner in like 1350ml sizes

Shock

SaSa. Cellex-C, La Colline, Valmont, Mario Badescu, Decleor... Everyone says SaSa is a major discounter, but I find in most cases their prices are the same as elsewhere. Like I went looking for High-Potency Vit. C and it was the same as suggested retail. The thing is SaSa has really good deals on kits that I think they create themselves. Like you can buy Valmont in a 3-product kit: like the Renewing Pack, Contour Eye and Mouth Cream, Regenetic for 3K-something HKD. I remember that when I combined this kit with the SaSa 5%-off card the effect was a little better than even the EDS 20% discount. The thing is I was only looking to buy the eye cream.

As far as Hong Kong retail vs. EDS online, my conclusion is you'll sometimes be able to equal the 15% member discount, and very, very rarely you'll be able to equal or beat the 20% discount. But to do these things you'll have to spend money to get cards and perhaps buy things you aren't interested in.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:36 am      Reply with quote
RMB wrote:
gracedhy wrote:
RMB wrote:
Hi, sorry to bother...

Thank you!

Can we all share a little Hong Kong shopping advice?

I'm not a Hong Kong resident, but I do visit very often. Here's my general take on skincare shopping in Hong Kong.

Places I go:

Department Stores:
Seibu-Pacific Place. Good for brands like LRP.

SoGo-Causeway Bay. More youth-oriented options. Good for brands like Sofina.

Specialty Stores
Facess-Harbour City. Feels just like the cosmetics section in a department store. But here you'll find smaller brands like Ole Henriksen.

All of the above I find are just like department stores everywhere. Everything is at retail price, but they always have some sort of promotion running, especially during holidays. However, these promotions usually involve you buying kits full of items you don't want, or you paying retail for what you do want, and them giving you something extra, like lipstick.

Specialty Stores con't.
Joyce Beauty-Check the different locations. They vary slightly in what they carry. For example JB-Causeway Bay has Dr. Hauschka products in spa sizes, but JB-Festival Walk does not.

Good for lesser-known, more-expensive brands like Eve Lom, ReVive. The prices are full retail (like what you'd pay at Eve Lom Online). The thing is Joyce Beauty has a card (available after making 3000 HKD in purchases) that offers a 10% discount on all additional purchases.

I shop at Joyce because in my mind instant gratification + 10% discount somewhat = EDS 20% discount. However, Joyce does offer prices which I think beat EDS discounted prices on Dr. H. products, the catch is you have to buy the spa sizes. My eyes bulged when I saw Dr. H facial toner in like 1350ml sizes

Shock

SaSa. Cellex-C, La Colline, Valmont, Mario Badescu, Decleor... Everyone says SaSa is a major discounter, but I find in most cases their prices are the same as elsewhere. Like I went looking for High-Potency Vit. C and it was the same as suggested retail. The thing is SaSa has really good deals on kits that I think they create themselves. Like you can buy Valmont in a 3-product kit: like the Renewing Pack, Contour Eye and Mouth Cream, Regenetic for 3K-something HKD. I remember that when I combined this kit with the SaSa 5%-off card the effect was a little better than even the EDS 20% discount. The thing is I was only looking to buy the eye cream.

As far as Hong Kong retail vs. EDS online, my conclusion is you'll sometimes be able to equal the 15% member discount, and very, very rarely you'll be able to equal or beat the 20% discount. But to do these things you'll have to spend money to get cards and perhaps buy things you aren't interested in.

thanks for sharing your experience, as long as sasa concerned, i believe they sell much cheaper sisley products, they have a website so that you can check the price, but the price in HK$ and USD or EURO is a bit different, i guess still HK$ is the cheapest.
the other one is duty free shops, their prices are a little bit higher than sasa, but qualities are guaranteed, sasa sometimes sell products that are nealy expired,you have to be careful with that!
btw, is there a 20% discount on EDS? i thought the maximum is 15%.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |