Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

To All Clarisonic Users Out There...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Something very baffling is happening to my skin. I've been using the Clarisonic twice a day, everyday for the past 5 months. I have gotten great results in terms of clarity and smoothness during my first few months of using, but the longer i use it, i'm starting to see little/no difference. I still continue using it coz i like seeing how much makeup the brush takes off whenever i rinse it after cleansing. Also, it might be a psychological thing; the feeling that my skin is not the cleanest it can be if i don't use it. BUT, my main issue is, i'm finding that my pores are BIGGER, especially pores on my cheeks and forehead. I know because I've always been a freak, often examining every inch of my face with a magnifying glass. As a result of this enlargement of pores, i have gotten white protruding needles stuck in them (ones i can scratch out easily---sorry i know it's gross)---> i get clogged pores so easily now. They are few and far between, but i still get them in places i never used to get them before i.e. forehead and cheeks. My question is, could it be the brush stretching the pore walls? Could the dirt and oil routinely sucked up by the brush actually expand pore size? I'm going to cut back to using this once a week to see what becomes of my skin. Just wondering if this is the case with any of you.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't noticed larger pores, but I don't think I've seen any further improvements from mine either. I think I've been using it for about 2 months now. At first I thought I noticed some of the blackheads clearing, but now I seem to get clogged pores as much as always (this could be partly my fault though because I am still messing with my face too much Embarassed ). I do like how clean it makes my skin feel though so I'll continue using it. I really was hoping it would be super effective in clearing my skin. I'm using the regular brush head once a day ... I found the sensitive felt more rough on my face!
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Could it be from bacteria on the brush? You might want to try a new brush, or clean the one you have with alcohol or an anti bacteria gel.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:24 am      Reply with quote
oh no i hope not! i am expecting a clarisonic brush in the mail.. got it after all the great reviews i read of course. hehe. but yeah that is really crappy if prolonged use actually makes ur pores bigger and clogged up.. er wait.. does it still exfoliate/unclog your pores or has it stopped its effectivness in that area? darn! but please keep us updated! Smile
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Here's my question about Clairsonic. I'm afraid that the constant tugging on my skin will be long term detrimental. I just worry that it could help now, but then cause wrinkling/sagging later. Any insight?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
So what was the conclusion to this? I'm wanting to get the clarisonic brush but if you only see results for a few months what's the point?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think the results stop. It's that you notice less changes as your skin gets better from using the Clarisonic.

For an experiment, stop using the Clarisonic for a week and then use it and see if you note a difference.

Also, note the manufacturer recommendations to change the brush head:

Quote:
The Clarisonic brush heads should be replaced every 3-4 months as the bristles become fatigued and less effective over time.

Also, remember to clean your Clarisonic. From http://www.clarisonic.com/experiences/questions.php

Quote:
How do I clean my Clarisonic?

Once a week, wash the brush head and the handle separately using warm soapy water to remove any residue buildup. The handle is sealed and fully waterproof. NEVER attempt to open the brush handle for any reason. To dry the brush after use, rub the brush head against a towel for 5-10 seconds while the Clarisonic is powered on. DO NOT use abrasive cleaners or chemicals to clean any part of the Clarisonic. DO NOT put any part of the Clarisonic in a dishwasher.

UNPLUG the charging cradle before you clean it. After unplugging the cradle, wipe it with a soft, damp cloth. DO NOT immerse the cradle in water.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Throw away the magnifying mirror for a start! Very Happy Those things are evil! Laughing

I don't think I've ever heard of pores being stretched by a facial brush. Pores enlarge when elasticity is compromised by sun damage, age and injury, at least that's what I've read. So I can't be 100% on that one. Have you tried taking a break from the Clarisonic routine? Could it be that your skin is too exfoliated that you can see the pores more clearly? I find that when I have my enzyme peels, it sucks out everything from my pores so I can see the indentation of the pores more clearly.

The white needles sound like sebum filaments. I started getting those when I started using Retin A. But I've found that using a salicyclic acid toner (at 1-2% strength) melts that right away.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:45 am      Reply with quote
cortigirl wrote:
So what was the conclusion to this? I'm wanting to get the clarisonic brush but if you only see results for a few months what's the point?

The Clarisonic is the best investment I have made. I have been using it since December. In the beginning the results were dramatic. My skin just glowed. Almost 4 months later my skin still has a lovely glow to it. If I stopped using my Clarisonic I am quite sure that I would long for that healthy glow in less then a few weeks. We all get use to the way our face looks and soon forget what it was like before taking such good care of it.
To sum it up the Clarisonic exfoliates, keeps pores immaculate (look of smaller pores) and stimulates circulation. Love that outdoor look. Very Happy

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
cortigirl wrote:

The Clarisonic is the best investment I have made. I have been using it since December. In the beginning the results were dramatic. My skin just glowed. Almost 4 months later my skin still has a lovely glow to it. If I stopped using my Clarisonic I am quite sure that I would long for that healthy glow in less then a few weeks. We all get use to the way our face looks and soon forget what it was like before taking such good care of it.
To sum it up the Clarisonic exfoliates, keeps pores immaculate (look of smaller pores) and stimulates circulation. Love that outdoor look. Very Happy

Thanks for your opinion Winnie! I am going to buy one today! Can I use just my regular cleanser with it still?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
You will love your clarisonic. What is your cleanser,Cortigirl?
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using a cream cleanser by aveda Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
cortigirl wrote:

Your Clarisonic will come with a cleanser. Actually I prefer the cleanser I used before Clarisonic.

If Aveda cleanser works for you by all means continue using it. Let us know how you LOVE your Clarisonic. Wink

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone read the Beauty Brains?

(I don't know if this should be its own thread, but this is a clarisonic centered so I though it would go here)

I read the Beauty Brains, sometimes I appreciate what they have to day but usually I just shake my head. Their most recent post is a review of the clarisonic:

"Clarisonic evaluation
First, it cleans your face well. Your skin almost tingles when you’re done and that’s fun. However, it is a bit of pain to use. It’s just much easier to use an exfoliating product like St. Ives Apricot scrub and a daily facial wash. You pretty much get the same effect."

Isn't that ridiculous!? I don't even use the clarisonic, but I read enough here about other people's experiences to know how ridiculous it is to compare it to a st. ives scrub. Hey, at least comapare it to something like dermalogica microfoliant, but not st. ives! Madness!

By the way, I don't have it, and don't plan on getting it, because it is expensive and I love my dermalogica microfoliant so I figure this is good enough for me.
yeeyaw
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
If it will make pores bigger,I will give up it .It'S sound terrible
ahihi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I don't notice much difference between the delicate, sensitive, and normal brush heads. I was eager to try my new Clarisonic, but felt the sensitive brush head is to scratchy, so purchased the delicate - it is somewhat less scratchy, but, not as pleasant a sensation as I imagined. Some people have remarked the nice, tingly sensation their skin feels, my face feels just a little sore. It's pleasant on my neck, decollete, etc. though. I don't have rosacea, just normal/sensitive, fair skin..

Is this Clarisonic too aggressive for somewhat sensitive skin?? Cat on my lap - taking over the laptop - time to end.... Thanks!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
ahihi wrote:
I don't notice much difference between the delicate, sensitive, and normal brush heads. I was eager to try my new Clarisonic, but felt the sensitive brush head is to scratchy, so purchased the delicate - it is somewhat less scratchy, but, not as pleasant a sensation as I imagined. Some people have remarked the nice, tingly sensation their skin feels, my face feels just a little sore. It's pleasant on my neck, decollete, etc. though. I don't have rosacea, just normal/sensitive, fair skin..

Is this Clarisonic too aggressive for somewhat sensitive skin?? Cat on my lap - taking over the laptop - time to end.... Thanks!

The first time I experienced the Clarisonic was during a facial. My face did feel a little sore. I suggest that you ease into using the Clarisonic. Try every other day once. Usage all depends on your skin. Some members use it twice daily, others once and a few just use it a couple of times a week.

I am using the delicate brush once a day in the evening. Do what feels best for you. Smile

lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Check the instructions, I think there is a build up phase similar to the one available with the Sonicare toothbrush (made by the same manufacturer). You set it for the build up phase to start and then, when you're ready, you go up to "regular" level.

From the user guide available at:
http://www.clarisonic.com/clarisonic/how.php

Quote:
The Clarisonic is designed for use with most skin types.Your skin is constantly changing, and due to its dynamic nature you may want to use different power levels, different brush heads, and a shorter or longer duration.

The Clarisonic is packaged with the Sensitive brush head (white plastic base) installed. The Normal brush head (gray plastic base) is also included. We recommend that you first use your Clarisonic with the Sensitive brush head at the low power setting for a one-minute duration (this is the factory setting). Then you can customize your Clarisonic for your skin type: sensitive or normal brush head; normal or low power setting; one- or two-minute duration (with the T-TIMER™ feature enabled).

POWER LEVEL

The Clarisonic Skin Care Brush offers a choice of 2 power levels: normal and low. The power level is indicated both audibly and visually. When the Clarisonic is turned on at the normal power level, there are 3 ascending beeps and the yellow light is illuminated. At the low power level, there are 3 descending beeps and the yellow light is turned off.

Power level - Audible indication - Visible indication
Normal - 3 ascending beeps - yellow light on
Low - 3 descending beeps - yellow light off

To toggle between the settings, hold the power button down for 3 seconds continuously when turning on the Clarisonic.

Listen for the change in beeps to confirm the power level.

The Clarisonic will operate at this power setting until you change it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice Winnie!
I have been taking it slow with the Clarisonic, but was feeling something was wrong.. good to know how others have been responding/using it.

Also, thanks for the link lunarmm! I gave a friend my Users Guide (in hopes of converting her to the Clarisonic) and forgot about it. It seems I need to read the info though.

Now to get John to use the one that I bought for him!
ahihi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add to my last post.. I recieved an email from the 302 product line, answering several questions I had for them re: the Clarisonic and their products. Sabrena wrote the following:

I really don't see a need for the Clarisonic brush for every day use. Its
may be beneficial for people with problem skin, but even then, once or twice
a week should be more than sufficient. Aggressive scrubbing of the skin is
just not a good idea.

I tend to play it safe with skin care as well, and have only recently been experimenting with HA and a few things, but, am now wondering if the Clarisonic may actually be too aggressive for regular use, unless, you have problematic or very strong skin?
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
ahihi wrote:
Just wanted to add to my last post.. I recieved an email from the 302 product line, answering several questions I had for them re: the Clarisonic and their products. Sabrena wrote the following:

I really don't see a need for the Clarisonic brush for every day use. Its
may be beneficial for people with problem skin, but even then, once or twice
a week should be more than sufficient. Aggressive scrubbing of the skin is
just not a good idea.

I tend to play it safe with skin care as well, and have only recently been experimenting with HA and a few things, but, am now wondering if the Clarisonic may actually be too aggressive for regular use, unless, you have problematic or very strong skin?

Why not just use it every night before going to bed? There should be no reason to do a deep cleaning in the mornings anyways. It's at night when you need to remove the excess makeup, etc that is very important!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi cortigirl -
I have been using the Clarisonic every other night - seems to be enough.
I think the 302 skin care line may make sense though. By adding harsh acids, forcing my face to get used to the pain, etc. may not be the way to go. I have read other posters have regretted the harsh things they have done to their faces - easy to do with all of the various skin care treatments available..
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
ahihi wrote:
Hi cortigirl -
I have been using the Clarisonic every other night - seems to be enough.
I think the 302 skin care line may make sense though. By adding harsh acids, forcing my face to get used to the pain, etc. may not be the way to go. I have read other posters have regretted the harsh things they have done to their faces - easy to do with all of the various skin care treatments available..

I get to use the clarisonic brush for the first time tonight. I'm so excited! I guess I will try it every night only and see if that gets too harsh.

I wish someone in Vancouver wanted these products that come with the Clarisonic brush. I feel bad for wasting it since i prefer to use my daily face wash, and cream... etc!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Don't feel bad about using your own face wash. The one with the Clarisonic is kind of drying. Be careful not to go over the minute or so that they recommend, and at least start with the sensitive brush - the Clarisonic is more powerful than it looks -
Have fun......
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |