Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Have anyone known or heard about Lumineers porcelain veneer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
liangzhiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Lumineers porcelain veneers is a product for teeth. It claims no pain no drilling which attracts me to do it. But I am not sure its effect. I am in Europe where there are few dentist knowing about it except Enland. So I can't get more information about it except from some fashion magazine. Does anyone know about it and please kindly tell me? If it is okey, I want to go to America this winter for it. I have my poor dark small teeth for twenties because of some pills I took when I was very young before I changed my teeth. I wish to have beautiful white smile for many years, however, I don't want to destroy the structure of my original teeth. I wish Lumineers would be my hope.
jellytot
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
i have veneers.It does require a slight removal of your original tooth structure, and it is a permanent option.You need to change them every 10 to 15 years or so. they are also very fragile so no more apples n carrots n what not.. prices can range from 400 bucks(i got it done at a dental school so it was really cheap comparatively) to 1500 bucks per tooth. it is advisable to pick a very good dentist, cos it is very delicate work.
also be prepared to stay at least 3 weeks, because they need to put temporaries n moulds on yr teeth and send it to labs cos it is custom made.
However, after all the pain n waiting, u get stain free straight teeth. Veneers will not change color or get stained by coffee and cigarettes. If you cant afford lumineers bonding can achieve the same effect and it's much cheaper, but it does stain after a while. my model friend has her bonded teeth for 10 yrs already and they still look pretty good.
good luck.
Charmed1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have veneers, which are as described above. I love them!
But, I have read about Lumineers and I think that they do not require removal of any of your existing tooth structure.
In my opinion, this would be a better option than traditional veneers, which is what I have.
I don't think Lumineers were available when I got my veneers, but, I think that preserving as much of the original tooth as possible would be a better alternative.
The enamel on my teeth was removed and then the veneers were glued (?) on.
With Lumineers your tooth enamel is saved.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
my father-in-law specializes in Lumineers (actually he was one of the dentists that helped pioneer them). They look fantastic!!!! I don't have them, but my brother-in-law does and his smile is great! My husband is thinking of getting them beofre his dad retires from the business...Lumineers have been so successful that he'll be able to retire earlier than he thought Smile
They are much better and less painful than veneers.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I just got veneers on my 2 front teeth. I would have preferred the Lumineers, but they were not suitable in my case.

If you need more shaping done to even up your tooth, the Lumineers won't work; you'll end up looking like Bugs Bunny. Surprised So if your teeth are in pretty good position to begin with, they would probably work well.
liangzhiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your reply. It is because the pills I took when I was very young, they made my teeth not grow completely. The problem is my teeth are very thin and small compared to other normal teeth. If my teeth are removed a bit, they must be more thin which is what my mom strongly resists. That is why I wait and wait and I am still carrying my poor dark ugly teeth now.

Dear ParisTroika, can you tell me more information about Lumineers? for example, whether there will be some problems later after Lumineers, how long does it take to install it (because I am only going to stay in America for a month) and how much does it cost? Can you ask your father-in-law to suggest some comestic dentist specialized in Lumuneers. I don't know why they don't reliese Lumineers to Europe. If something goes wrong, I have no idea who and where to go to fix them.
zzz

Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Lumineers are thin porcelain veneers which are bonded to a minimally prepared tooth surface. This conserves tooth enamel and eliminates the need for temporary tooth coverage.

Teeth can be prepared and impressed in a short time and there is usually no need for anesthetic.

The only drawback is that there are only two laboratories which make this type of veneer and it has been my experience that the case does not get back to my office for 13 working days.

For patients who do not want teeth cut down this is a good alternative.

In my practice it is the one aspect of dentistry that has people immediately smiling, hugging me and telling me how life changing the procedure has been.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |