Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Cellex C Hydra 5 B-Complex
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mjs

Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I have tried both Cellex hydra and SC B5, I didn't see any different. The only difference that I noticed is that Cellex feels silkier on skin.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:56 am      Reply with quote
i perfer sc's . Smile
trianglefish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
How is Cellex-C Hydrat B -5 compared to PSF HA? Any experience to share? Thanks!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Cellex-c is watery used mainly on top of the vit c to help push it in (according to the company). PSf HA is definitely more substantive, silky and makes a wonderful nightime moisturzer with emu (if you're dry you can use it during the day as well). I don't think dry skin will get enough from the cellex-c one but it is good for summer humid conditions. I also don't know how well it mixes with emu-I can try tonight and let you know.
toey
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone compare between Cellex C and Alphaderma products. I'm deciding.
mt0417
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm missing Skin Centical B5 gel and just purchased a PSF HA a few months ago (intended to subsitute B5 gel), not started yet. Will compare the difference later and come back with a comment. Arrow

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:35 am      Reply with quote
thanks for your review, I still like PSF HA serum. it's cheap and give me good result with this product.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Would this work on its own as a moisturizer? I have unhappy skin at the moment and am on a quest for THE misturizer. I'm normally combo but dry right now and breaking out/bumpy... Crying or Very sad
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Hi,

Would this work on its own as a moisturizer? I have unhappy skin at the moment and am on a quest for THE misturizer. I'm normally combo but dry right now and breaking out/bumpy... Crying or Very sad

I have oily skin but I still have to put a moisturizer on top of this serum (just so my makeup would go on smoother).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:16 am      Reply with quote
I like B5 Hydration Complex too. It is a good moiturizing serum by itself.
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Just a friendly reminder not to use any products containing copper (copper peptides) with products containing vitamin c. They will cancel one another out!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I prefer IS Clinical Hydra Cool.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I have found another hyaluronic acid serum which I really like. It is the Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster Serum and it is slightly heavier, but not sticky in texture with the added benefits of pentapeptides to firm and antioxidants to protect. I feel that this does a bit more for me than the Cellex C and halfway down my second bottle I can say that I am almost certain that my skin appears firmer.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
humi wrote:
I have dry skin. I knew it's hydrateing with not leaving oily. however, I wonder if it's hydrate enough for very dry skin.

i also want to know this.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I have the Cellex C and Hydration Complex. IMO, for dry skin, you definitely have to put on something more moisturizing afterward.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just started to use the Cellex-C High Potency Serum and B5 and had a question about the application. Is it OK to spray water or an antioxidant spray first, then apply the Serum while your skin is still damp, or does the vitamin C serum have to be applied to a dry face? I find that it applies more evenly if I dampen my face first.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Diana P, I would think that would be fine. I put mine on after washing my face with a Clarisonic - with my skin still wet from rinsing. As you said, the wet face helps the product spread better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I've been reading recently that I should be waiting 15-20 mins after I apply the vitamin C to apply other products. I had gotten the impression from the instructions on the B5 that I could apply it immediately after the vit C. So do I apply vit C, B5 then wait 20 mins?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I do wait a bit (probably 5 min. not 15) after applying the C to let it do some of its work before applying the Hydra B5.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
mt0417 wrote:
I'm missing Skin Centical B5 gel and just purchased a PSF HA a few months ago (intended to subsitute B5 gel), not started yet. Will compare the difference later and come back with a comment. Arrow

I come to check you comment.
Now I use PSF HA Serum but I still wnt to know.
elsiej123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Is this available in Canada? I'm sad that it isn't... so many good things to try...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Vote for Cellex-C B5 gel, I'm loving it, but really a bit pricey. Smile
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am all out of hyaluronic acid products and would like to know how PSF compares to the Cellex C because I have put myself on a bit of budget after my latest skin care sprees.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I received a sample of Cellex C Hydra 5B Complex. I love it. It has made my sensitive dry skin feel smooth and moist with a clean feeling. I still add moisturiser on top. I was a fool and didn't order it when the shopping channel had a special. I plan on trying it with the Cellex C vitamin C. With my sensitive skin there are not too many products I can tolerate this one works for me.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:30 am      Reply with quote
does anyone compare the ingredients of cellex C Hydra 5B Complex with that one of Skinceuticals? my friend has suggested me for the Skinceuticals' one and I have no idea of both~ thx!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |