Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Trish McEvoy Beta Hydroxy Pads
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
These pads will be a staple in my skin care regime from now on. I really like the convenience of them and my new hobby is to admire my constantly shrinking pore size. They come in a jar of 40 and are so easy to use; every evening after cleansing I just sweep one of the pads across my face and neck before applying other treatment products. There is no tingle and no redness, just clean and clear looking skin. I have used around half of them and have started to notice that the pores on my nose look smaller (probably because this keeps them clean) and the overall appearance of my skin is refined. Such an easy way to add another active ingredient into my routine.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Smoothskin. How much do they cost? I didn't
know she made these. Thanks for your review.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin, have you ever tried Peter Thomas Roth's Correction Pads? They are only $36 for a jar of 60! They come in 2 strengths and they smell like a peach bellini--- I'm addicted to them!^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:34 am      Reply with quote
They are £40. I have not had great success with other Peter Thomas Roth products so I am not quite jumping with excitement to try those and I think the fact that they are changing almost all their formulas has not given me faith in their brand. The other thing for me is that other pads (I have tried the Philosophy ones) have caused tingling and redness. I am convinced the Trish McEvoy ones are the best ones out there and I love the fact that they have no fragrance Smile
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I tried these pads (I am addicted to TM make up so thought I'd give these a go).
Loved them for about three quarters of jar but then they just annoyed me, stung and did not do anything effective. Also, after I had not used them for a few weeks, the next time I opened the jar, they were tinged brown round the edges. I hated finishing them and in fact threw the last couple away. I love TM make up and think she is fantastic and has a great company, but the skincare is over priced and not good value for money in terms of the quality you get.

I am going to get the PTR ones as I love the range and the PTR pads are much cheaper from EDS than the TM from Harvey Nichols. I love the PTR range, I think half of it is fantastic and the other half not so (interesting looking at the buy it again review breakdowns on makeup alley).

IMHO the fact that they are improving formulas goes well for them not the opposite - it shows they are a progressive company who learn from mistakes, take advantage of new ways etc. In fact I was reading an article recently with some famous plastic surgeon/dermatologist and in the question about which was the biggest innovation, he mentioned parsol being passed by the FDA. I hadn't even heard of it till I had bought a PTR moisturiser a week beforehand and had seen it on the ingredients.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
I hope mine don't turn brown Crying or Very sad
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
daidylondon, let me know how you like the PTR pads! Are you going to start with the gentle correction pads?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Will do! I hope they work out.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
My pads did not turn in colour and they kept my skin nice and glowing while I was using them. The biggest difference came when I ran out - I had a sudden break out of blemishes on my chin, dry flaking bits around my nose and just generally missing that Trish McEvoy glow... It took me a week to figure out what was missing in my regime and why my skin changed so much, so I am off to get some more tomorrow. It is quite rare that I repurchase, so this is a keeper for me and I would recommend it to anyone with slightly sensitive, confused skin that does not respond well to grainy scrubs.
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin, did you ever try the Dr. Denese pads? I'm tempted to try them, but I'm not sure about spending so much.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I have only tried these and the Philosophy pads, so I can't help you on that...
anomaly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Smile Thank you anyway... I guess I'll have to look up the ingredients of all the various pads and compare them to the one's I get at Wal-Mart and see what the difference is and if it's worth it... Maybe I can make my own. Does anyone know of a place to buy the pads *dry*?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
I never did post a review of my PTR ones.
I did use the Thomas Roth Gentle Correction Pads. The other stronger ones are supposed to be for serious acne.
I loved the gentle correction pads...much thicker than the TM ones, more enjoyable to use (but clearly that could be personal preference) and much cheaper! Definitely reordering!
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Updated. I recently had a few TM pads as a nice SA gave me some and I put them in a Lock and Lock box and they lasted and worked really well.

I would buy again except for the price. I have been using PSF BHA instead of the TM or PTR pads for a couple of years and very happy with it as an alternative. For me, it's fantastic value.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
These pads will be a staple in my skin care regime from now on. I really like the convenience of them and my new hobby is to admire my constantly shrinking pore size. They come in a jar of 40 and are so easy to use; every evening after cleansing I just sweep one of the pads across my face and neck before applying other treatment products. There is no tingle and no redness, just clean and clear looking skin. I have used around half of them and have started to notice that the pores on my nose look smaller (probably because this keeps them clean) and the overall appearance of my skin is refined. Such an easy way to add another active ingredient into my routine.

Why do the pads reduce your pore size? Just because the pads keep your pores clean? Does it have something to do with the dirt inside your pores make your pores larger? Sorry if I sound dumb, but I never really get why beta hydroxy products shrink pore size.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Smoothskin wrote:
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |