Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Very dry skin on hands and feet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
curiouscookie
5% products discount

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Please please help!

I have extremely dry hands and feet. The skin on my arms and legs are pretty dry but the extremities are just terrible. Its weird coz my face is combo/oily

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I would prefer drugstore products or even homemade ones.

If you have any recommendations for a routine I'd consider that too!

Thanks
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
i have the same problem!! have tried many different types of cream but none of them really worked
shea butter works alright but i need to use at least 20% shea to moisture my hands & feet in winter time
also have been using dr h's moor/lavender body oil..it smells nice and is nourishing but not moisturizing enough for my dry legs

someone suggested rosehip oil and i'm still waiting for that to come in the mail..ordered an organic rosehip oil by trilogy & it's coming from new zealand
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Aveeno Daily Moisture lotion is good. I bought it last winter when I broke out in itchy dry patches all over and it helped a ton. Have you ever tried an Aveeno oatmeal bath? It would probably help tremendously.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Badger Balms are good, I prefer these to most higher end handcreams I have tried....yes even over Dr Hauschka!!
I would recomend for the driest coarsest skin.
I like the Sleep Balm as night time hand cream and my feet are like blocks of ice at night, the Badger muscle balm works a treat paired with bed socks as it contains warming Ginger, Cardamon and Cinnamon.

http://www.badgerbalm.com/products.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Why not try AHAVA foot creams? I use it and found that it does help soften my cracked skin.

EDS does sell it.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Philosophy makes a foot balm that contains salicylic acid. It loosens the dead skin so you can scrub it off. Very refreshing.

http://www.philosophy.com/web/store/product_10001_10001_-1_25644_23503_23503

Also I highly recommend the body butter and "Need a hand?" hand and foot scrub from Candessence. Very affordable, wonderful scents and they are handmade with natural ingred. Just make sure you put some socks on after applying these to your feet, or else you'll crack your head open, learned this the hard way!Laughing

http://www.candessence.com/

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I love Gold Bond Ultimate Moisturizing Skin Therapy Lotion.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I love Garden Botanika products, but I would also suggest that for the extra boost that you seem to need to consider picking up 100% vegetable dirived squalane and mixing a drop or 2 into your lotion in the palm of your hand before applying.

Squalane is most like our own human sebum and is an excellent hydrant.

Other ingredients to look for include aloe, jojoba and natural oils.

Also, take a look at your face products as using too aggresive products for your face can have an opposite effect and make dry skin seem oily. If you look in the mirror at your pore size, if your pores are large by your nose only your skin is dry, if they go to the middle of your eye you are combination and if they extend further than you are oily.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
have you tried burt's bee coconut footcare cream? That's really thick. If you apply a thick layer and wear the paired socks overnight, after 3 days, you will definitely see the change! ^_^

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
freckles

Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
I work in healthcare and hence wash my hands all day, so dry hands have always been an issue, BUT NO MORE!
I love The Body Shop's Hemp hand cream. Super nourishing, really protective, non greasy. A bit over-perfumed for me, but I love it, keep it in my handbag. They also do a cream for feet, but haven't tried it. My husband made me buy him a tube as well, and that is saying something!
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Hmm. I'll have to look into that. Winter season is coming, and my hands get so bad from working with the mail that they crack in every crevice. I even wear them sexy blue gloves when I am delivering but to no avail.
curiouscookie
5% products discount

Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
thanks for all your suggestions - I will have to try the socks at night for sure. I've also heard of cotton gloves for hand moisturizing overnight.

Any ideas where I can find those?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
curiouscookie wrote:
thanks for all your suggestions - I will have to try the socks at night for sure. I've also heard of cotton gloves for hand moisturizing overnight.

Any ideas where I can find those?

Walgreens, CVS, Sally Beauty supply have them pretty cheap..

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Also I highly recommend the body butter and "Need a hand?" hand and foot scrub from Candessence. Very affordable, wonderful scents and they are handmade with natural ingred. Just make sure you put some socks on after applying these to your feet, or else you'll crack your head open, learned this the hard way!Laughing

Oh NO! You whacked you're bald head?! No real damage I hope.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
vonstella wrote:

Oh NO! You whacked you're bald head?! No real damage I hope.

Hey now... Ive got a nice crop of hair growing now...ok, maybe like 2 inches, but still! Laughing
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Exfoliate and moisturize. If you prefer to stay in the drugstore/homemade isle, I would suggest Gold Bond Ultimate Moisturizing Skin Therapy Lotion or pure olive oil respectively. I also am a fan of the gloves/socks overnight 2-3-x week. (I too suffer from feet and hands that require a lot of tender loving care). Consistency is key.
HTH
Babs

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Agree about body shop hemp hand cream - really realy rich. Is quite greasy though so tricky on hands unless you don't need to use them for a while
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I thought the Body Shop Hemp Cream seemed really great, but absolutely hated the smell when I tried it in the shop.

My vote, as everyone probably already knows by now Laughing , goes to Candessence Encore for use during the daytime - which comes in glorious scents and doesn't leave a horrid, greasy residue. I also swear by Kiehls' Intensive Treatment, worn underneath cotton gloves at night.
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
neutrogena hand cream works wonderfully for me, even in the dead of winter. I think it is too heavy to apply throughout the day, but if I use it regularly at night on both hands and feet(follow with socks for max effect) I find it keeps them pretty soft and smooth. Not too expensive, either.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
hey, forgot to mention, the best shea butter i've tried is by l'occitane..their hand cream is very moisturizing, i even prefer that over jurlique's lavender hand cream !!
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
The only reason why hands and feet get dry is from the dry skin cells, so if you exfoliate them regularly they should be fine. And dont forget to moisterize~
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use sage and shea foot butter by Carol's daughter at night and put socks on. This product was featured on Oprah, she loves it too!
Shirley M
dolly*eye
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
I like Neutrogena's Norweign Hand Cream. It is very concentrated and if you use it persistently you get soft and moisturised hands. Some people think it's a little thick, but I like the texture just fine =)
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
There is also BagBalm that you can get at equestrian retail stores.

Maybe Egyption Magic would help. Very Happy
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Use ddf 12.5% glycolic lotion and Cany's SHea body butter. My hands lok great and I'm 51.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |