Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
chicken skin on thighs - what works?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Would 12% AHA do it? Or DermaDoctor KP Duty. HELP.
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I was about to ask the same question but only chicken skin arms...I've had them since giving birth 5 months ago and would really like those little bumps to go away!

Donna

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Good Lord, sorry I totally read the title wrong, for some reason I thought u were saying you put chicken skin on your legs! I thought to myself...Ew! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
That would be gross...but then again, if it helps with something.... Think No, just trying to get rid of Keratosis Pilaris. I'm hoping somebody has a solution that actually WORKS rather than just managing the problem so-so. Is it linked to stress, does anybody know?
curiouscookie
5% products discount

Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure if what you mean by chicken skin is scaly skin but I had pretty bad skin on my legs.
I came upon this solution awhen I tried to find a way to prevent stubborn ingrown hair. I was using homemade tendskin to prevent ingrowns but it didn't seem quite enough so I added ACV and I think now its just strong enough to clear up my skin. I've definitely noticed a steady improvement. I smell awful after I use it but it goes away in 5 minutes. I must say it seems like a strong treatment and not adviced if your skin is sensitive. I have pretty thick skin. Good luck!
DebL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:10 am      Reply with quote
After about 15 years of having the problem, my doctor has finally told me that I have kerotosis pilaris on my arms. I finally made him have a good look as I have started getting the same problem on my legs just above the knee.
Anyways... he gave me a prescription for a mixture to get made at the chemist. It is 5% salicylic acid (?spelling) 5% urea in 50% ethanol. I have to just wipe it over the areas daily after cleaning the skin.
I have only been using it for 2 days, but am hoping it will help - it would be nice to wear short sleeves this summer Exclamation
Will keep you posted.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Copied and quoted from the listed website.
http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/keratosis_pilaris.html

Keratosis Pilaris

Keratosis pilaris is a skin condition commonly seen on the upper arms, buttocks and thighs. The skin cells that normally flake off as a fine dust from the skin form plugs in the hair follicles. These appear as small pimples that have a dry ''sandpaper'' feeling. They are usually white but sometimes rather red. They usually don't itch or hurt.

Keratosis pilaris is particularly common in teenagers on the upper arms. It may occur in babies where it tends to be most obvious on the cheeks. It may remain for years but generally gradually disappears usually before age 30. Keratosis pilaris is unsightly but completely harmless. It is usually worse during the winter months or other times of low humidity when skin dries out, and may worsen during pregnancy or after childbirth.

Treatment of keratosis pilaris is not necessary, and unfortunately often has disappointing results. With persistence, most people can get very satisfactory improvement. Initial treatment should be intensive moisturizing. Try a cream such as Acid mantle, Vaseline or Complex 15 after bathing, and re-apply the cream again several times daily.

If this does not help, change to a medicated cream containing urea (Curel, Carmol-20) or alpha-hydroxy acids (Aqua Glycolic, Lacticare) applied twice daily - it may be too irritating to use more often. More aggressive home treatment can be done if ones skin can tolerate it. The plugged pores can be removed by taking long, hot soaking tub baths and then rubbing the areas with a coarse washcloth, stiff brush, or 'Buf-Puf'.

Prescription medicines that may help include antibiotics (Erythromycin, Bactrim) if the spots are very red and Tazorac Cream. Tazorac, a relative of vitamin A, may cause irritation in some people.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I have also been put on a course of Erythromycin for another problem at the moment, so I guess we'll see if the two treatments combined work ...
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:08 am      Reply with quote
i tried to apply afirm 1x to chicken skin on my thighs. it only make my thighs skin thinner,but no any positive effects.
afirm don't fit me,it also make me allergic,the skin just become thinner and thinner,the brownspot and the fine wrinkle never disappear Confused
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I used to have ugly bumpy skin on my upper arms, not sure if it was KP as I never saw a derm, but had it since a teenager.

What works for me is scrubbing daily with those nylon scrub gloves and using an AHA body lotion once a day. I alternate products, but have used PTR AHA 12% body lotion, MD Forte Skin Rejuvenation Body Lotion (20%) and the MD Formulations Hand & Body Cream (14% I think) with success. Mostly I use the PTR one now.

Different regimes work for different people, but my arms have been perfectly smooth since I started with the AHA body lotions, and I've been using them a long time, more than 10 years now I think (?)
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |