Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Sleeping w/Sensitive Juice Apple Peel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking of sleeping with the Juice sensitive apple peel on. I wanted to get the regular JAP, but my local Whole Foods only carried the sensitive one. My skin is very rhobust & not sensitive at all. I don't even feel the slightest tingling. Just curious if any of you had any thoughts about keeping it on overnight? Wouldn't it be great to wake up w/fabulous looking skin? Maybe it's just wishful thinking though. I was thinking that it would work like the Bliss sleeping pill? I think the aha level is b/w 8-10%?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I would only try a patch for overnight, even if you had very nice skin the next day, you could be peeling quite badly within a week. You could just try leaving it on for longer or after a hot shower when the skin is softer.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Apart from the obvious drying/peeling effects that vary from person to person I'd like to mention that I find when I apply GAP and wait the 20-30 minutes if you touch your skin you'd notice that it becomes a thin layer of something STICKY. That reason alone is enough for me not to want to sleep with it on.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Well, I've had the JAP on for about 4 hours. I still don't feel anything. I'm about to go to bed so I think I'll rinse it off to be safe. Thanks for your replies!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:38 am      Reply with quote
4 hours wow Embarassed

is that your first ever peel?

tell us how your skin is by tomorrow!!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
4 hours? Shock I think you should try the regular strength peel than to sleep with your sensitive strength peel overnight.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
More is better when it comes to peels etc. I don't like being negetive because I adore products that work for us and make us feel good not to mention how pretty we can look but more isn't better.

Babs

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
I believe you get all of the effects of an acid (including the JB peel) within 30 minutes, so I'd wash it off then.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:04 am      Reply with quote
I agree with StellaMarie. The acid's PH levels out after half an hour to match your skin's so it won't have any further exfoliating effects, but it might have other nice things in it and it won't harm you to leave it on longer because it's neutralised.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
I agree with StellaMarie. The acid's PH levels out after half an hour to match your skin's so it won't have any further exfoliating effects, but it might have other nice things in it and it won't harm you to leave it on longer because it's neutralised.

I got myself the regular strength JAP b/c the sensitive one was not strong enough for me. But, even with the regular strength I had absolutely no tingling. Anyway, last night I accidentally fell asleep with the JAP regular strength on. As soon as I opened my eyes this morning I realized what I had done & ran to the bathroom mirror. I was afraid that I had burned the top layer of my skin off. Well, to my pleasant surprise I looked in the mirror to find more beautiful, radiant skin. My pores were smaller, the fine lines on my forehead were definitely diminished, my scars seemed lighter & I had an overall glow to my face. WOOOHOOOO!

Therefore, I must agree with StellaMarie's assessment of the acid's Ph leveling out after some time. But, there must also be other ingredients that contributed to the glow I have today. Although I still wouldn't recommend sleeping with the peel to others because as I stated previously, I have VERY resilient skin. I can even do a TCA peel without peeling. Just thought I'd share my fabulous results.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I fell asleep with it on for about 3 hours once and didn't have any problems at all. Now I use undiluted Retin-A (I used to mix with Obagi Blender), and after 5 minutes my face is on fire!

It just depends on what other active products you use, but that's great that you eventually got results.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |