Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How do I use Decleor Essential Balm?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I have a sample size of the essential balm and was wondering how and when this would fit into my routine and what results you've seen with it. Is it ok to use on oily/spotty skin?
lawladyda
5% products discount

Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Essentiel Balm is the best for oily/spot-prone skin! It helps clear and prevent blemishes (at least for me). I use it at night, only, as the last part of my routine. Use a tiny bit, warm between your fingers, and sweep onto your face. It smells wonderful, and in the morning you will be glowing!
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for you reply. Do I use it over moisturiser or instead of moisturiser?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
You use instead of moisturiser Very Happy
I have just got the Ylang Ylang Balm, I am confused.....are both the Ylang Ylang and the Essential Balms to be used for oily skin?
I really do cannot buy another balm!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
From what I gathered from a Decleor SA - yes both balms can be used for oily skin. Ylang Ylang was described to help more acneic skin types while Essential balm is more of an overall balancing balm to normalize skin. Essential Balm was also equated with Darphin's Purifying Balm. But I guess it depends on what works for you, I find EB much more moisturizing and rich on my skin than YY. I prefer YY on my own skin and it's just a matter of preference. I have both so I alternate - I use YY when I feel my skin is more acneic or if I feel it's going to act up while I use Essential balm if my skin feels like it's having more of a good day. I also use as the last part of my regime and do not use moisturizer. I always get the feeling if you put something over top of the balms it will clog your skin because your skin won't be able to breathe - but that's how I feel abt it, might not actually be true.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
From what I gathered from a Decleor SA - yes both balms can be used for oily skin. Ylang Ylang was described to help more acneic skin types while Essential balm is more of an overall balancing balm to normalize skin. Essential Balm was also equated with Darphin's Purifying Balm. But I guess it depends on what works for you, I find EB much more moisturizing and rich on my skin than YY. I prefer YY on my own skin and it's just a matter of preference. I have both so I alternate - I use YY when I feel my skin is more acneic or if I feel it's going to act up while I use Essential balm if my skin feels like it's having more of a good day. I also use as the last part of my regime and do not use moisturizer. I always get the feeling if you put something over top of the balms it will clog your skin because your skin won't be able to breathe - but that's how I feel abt it, might not actually be true.

I use the YY on my chin and forehead and EB or Iris balm on the cheeks and eyes. I have Angelique for the winter and Rose d'Orient for those times my skin becomes really sensitive.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui thankyou so much for your great explanation Very Happy
I am happy now that the Ylang Ylang meets all my requirements Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:35 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I have both so I alternate - I use YY when I feel my skin is more acneic or if I feel it's going to act up while I use Essential balm if my skin feels like it's having more of a good day. I also use as the last part of my regime and do not use moisturizer.

I do the exact same thing; works fine. These balms are addicting and amazing IMO..... Very Happy

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |