Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Loose and pressed powder/Shu Uemura or Cle de Peau
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I want to purchase face powder.

After doing some research I have found that both Shu Uemura and Cle de Peau have the best ratings with upscale makeup.

For Loose powder which one should I get?

Cle de Peau
or
Shu Uemura

For Pressed Powder which one should I get?

Cle de Peau
or
Shue Uemura
or
MAC blot powder

Should I buy both loose and pressed or should I just buy the loose powder and use my usual MAC blotting sheets?
It is normally my nose that can get oily and sometimes I find that I am sweating a lot from my 30 minute walk to work and my eye makeup start to run. I never set my face with powder because I ran out and didn't bother to stock up.
milodomi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
hey skincare, i think using both loose and pressed powders is better
loose powder is to set your makeup and pressed powder is more for touch up and "degrease" during the day..i've started using pressed powder a few years ago and my face doesn't look as greasy half way through the day
used to do the same thing (loose powder & blot paper) but to me, using both loose & pressed powder works better!
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:14 am      Reply with quote
in our forum ,now they all pruchase a Japanese brand loose powder named mikimoto loose powder,
it claims there are 15 pearls' powder in it.
those who has tried the powder say it is better than CPB'S,it's more fine and the effect is more subtle.
i haven't used it ,so it's all others reviews.
my english is not very well ,sorry
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:23 am      Reply with quote
i've not tried the Shu nor CDP pressed. i do use the Cle de Peau loose every day to set my makeup. it's so finely milled that you can even overdo it and it won't show. it's lovely and does that job beautifully. however, it does not seem to do much for mattifying or oil break-throughs. and forget about it stopping the sweat break-through either (i'm the queen of face sweating and *nothing* helps short of shaving my head Laughing ). on the plus side, it handles the sweat perfectly. there's no tell-tale cakiness that i used to get with every other powder i've used. if anything, it seems to sink into my face and set the makeup even further with light blots from a tissue. once my face dries, it looks almost as good as when i'd first started out albeit a little dewier. i highly recommend it, but you'll probably be wanting an additional pressed powder or the MAC blotting papers as well.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
felinehhy wrote:
in our forum ,now they all pruchase a Japanese brand loose powder named mikimoto loose powder,
it claims there are 15 pearls' powder in it.
those who has tried the powder say it is better than CPB'S,it's more fine and the effect is more subtle.
i haven't used it ,so it's all others reviews.
my english is not very well ,sorry

Can you show us an attachment of this brand? Will it be easy for us in Canada to purchase it?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
i've not tried the Shu nor CDP pressed. i do use the Cle de Peau loose every day to set my makeup. it's so finely milled that you can even overdo it and it won't show. it's lovely and does that job beautifully. however, it does not seem to do much for mattifying or oil break-throughs. and forget about it stopping the sweat break-through either (i'm the queen of face sweating and *nothing* helps short of shaving my head Laughing ). on the plus side, it handles the sweat perfectly. there's no tell-tale cakiness that i used to get with every other powder i've used. if anything, it seems to sink into my face and set the makeup even further with light blots from a tissue. once my face dries, it looks almost as good as when i'd first started out albeit a little dewier. i highly recommend it, but you'll probably be wanting an additional pressed powder or the MAC blotting papers as well.

la vie en rose:

That does sound like a good plan....
And I am happy to hear that Cle de Peau does not cake or build up and even though it will not control the oilyness, that is ok,(at least I know it cannot clog my pores) using MAC blotting sheets are just fine.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
CdP all the way for loose and MAC Blot for pressed!....and ofcourse blotting sheets for long and/or hot days!

I really hope CdP brings out the same quality loose powder with mattifying abilities...or am I asking fo too much Sad
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm getting the impression that Cle de Peau does not give a matt look and for myself that is ok, I really like the dewy look because it makes you look refreshed and younger looking. Smile
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
both try cle de peau. It is the top line from Shiseido. I am currently using the cdp loose powder. It gives me such a lovely finish! I don't like shu that much. so so

Age 27. Combination. Dry for winter and oil for summer. Acne prone. Uneven tone.Aging, worry about losing firmness.-------------------------I believe in that there is nobody else having worse skin than me. I keep looking for products can give me smooth, acne free yet soothing, firm, and radiant look.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Love the CdP loose powder! Before that, I used Becca Fine Loose Finishing powder and there is no comparison.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am using T.LeCler loose powder. Love the way it goes 'invisible' on my face Laughing . An SA once taught me how to test feel a powder - smudge a little between 2 fingers - if you do not feel the powder at all, the particles are minute enough to be a good face powder.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I'm getting the impression that Cle de Peau does not give a matt look and for myself that is ok, I really like the dewy look because it makes you look refreshed and younger looking. Smile

and it doesnt dryv the skin at all!...so for me it is perfect for winter. Razz
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Jala wrote:
Love the CdP loose powder! Before that, I used Becca Fine Loose Finishing powder and there is no comparison.

Great go and compare the CDP to a powder that I already use and love! Now I want to try the CDP!!! How exactly do the two compare?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

actually, i am back-tracking a bit to clarify. it does slightly mattify at first, giving your makeup a bit of a polished look. it's not straight matte, the dead sort by any means, but it's not really dewey either. it's more of a glow (but there's no glitter in this at all! for a more dewey look, i usually spritz it with Avene thermal water afterwards). the best apart about this powder is that it looks completely natural -- but better.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Oh boy! I can't wait to get this!!! It must be worth the investment. Razz
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried both Shu and CDP loose powder.. i'd definately go for CDP!! It's way better than Shu. Very Happy
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Jala wrote:

Great go and compare the CDP to a powder that I already use and love! Now I want to try the CDP!!! How exactly do the two compare?

Cle de Peau leaves Becca in the dust! Seriously, though, Becca's powder seemed heavier and I could never wear it in the warmer weather without it caking on my skin--it looked bad. Also, it left my skin shiny at the end of the day--and I'm not even very oily. I wore CdP this summer and it made a big difference. Even in 90 degree heat, I hardly needed to blot. It's superfine and makes my pores look invisible instead of sinking into them. The price really put me off, but I finally broke down and bought it. The packaging is genius--so much better than Becca's messy powder, and it should last a long time. I would recommend using the puff that comes with it...you can wash it as needed and works just as well each time. I guess I'd say it's semi-matte because it cuts the shine on my t-zone but also gives my cheeks (which can be dry in the winter) a nice, completely natural looking, glow. hth Smile
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Jala! Smile

Now I am really interested in the Cle de Peau. From what I've seen this only comes in one shade. My skin is very fair with neutral to slightly cool undertones. Can those of you who have used this comment on the color (or lack of color) and do you think it would work well with my skin tone? TIA
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:30 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Now I am really interested in the Cle de Peau. From what I've seen this only comes in one shade. My skin is very fair with neutral to slightly cool undertones. Can those of you who have used this comment on the color (or lack of color) and do you think it would work well with my skin tone? TIA

absolutely perfect -- fits you to a tee!

the colour (for those just kind of lurking and lemming) is a very pale (almost whitish) pink. it freshens almost all but the darkest of skin tones (a friend with an olive complexion wears it and you don't see it -- any darker though and i don't know that it would meld *that* much). it just is a really perfect translucent shade that brightens and doesn't have that tell-tale from-the-crypt look that a lot of translucents have. the container also holds a *very* generous amount and will last for a long long time.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I am getting very close to just buying the Cle de Peau loose powder! Rolling Eyes

Does anyone have an ingredient list? Is there any reason why this powder would irritate my very sensitive skin?

Also, just curious. How do you pronounce Cle de Peau?

TIA
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
I am getting very close to just buying the Cle de Peau loose powder! Rolling Eyes

Does anyone have an ingredient list? Is there any reason why this powder would irritate my very sensitive skin?

Also, just curious. How do you pronounce Cle de Peau?

TIA

I can only answer your last question: Clay de Poe
isachris
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
i dont use these two brand but i think CDP is a little expensive Wink I use the Chantecaille now, it is really good and reasonable price!
Alix
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I don't really like MAC blot. I find it too chalky. I'm going to try Jurlique powder. Hope it works well.
liangzhiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:53 am      Reply with quote
After I put Jurlique loose powder on my face, the feeling is very nice, because it feels like very fresh and nongreasy. But if I hold the mirrow one-arm distance or stand a bit far from the mirrow, facing the natural light, I can clearly see the pores in my face become very visible Shock and very big Shock But my pores are not big actually.

I found it recently after I use two bottle of jurlique loose powder. Crying or Very sad I can't imagine how terrible my face looked like before when I wore this powder, while without noticed but felt good. It is horrible Crying or Very sad Sad
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer shu uemura translucent loose powder, the powder seriously lasts forever and the price is a lot more approachable than CdP, I know CDP foundations/concealers are great but the loose powder just didn't seem worth the money to me.

For pressed powders I use other japanese brands (this one's called Albion, which is possibly as expensive as CDP though) but personally I dont have much need for pressed powder touchups (unless it's shimmery ones which I prefer GUerlain meteorite), I like to use japanese compact foundation/powder to touchup because they give more coverage as well.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |