Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What removes heavy foundation without scrubbing?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I can't get my heavy foundation off with scrubbing my skin off too. I have super sensitive reactive skin so my make up removing sometimes leads to instant cysts! It's pretty disturbing, any suggestions?
Thanks!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I was skeptical about OCM with so many people doing trial and error of their own mixtures. The thought of that was a turn-off to me so I didn't try OCM until La Vitton oil was mentioned on another board. I really like this product -- I used to hate washing my face at night because I felt like it didn't make a difference (I still broke out and got a cyst every month or 2). I don't need to scrub, the oil sort of makes you move your fingers in a circular motion around your face to work the oil around. Since using the LV oil, my skin has improved a lot. I wear a moisturizer/sunscreen product and mineral makeup every morning and touch up with finishing powder during the day. I don't know if that counts as heavy makeup or not.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I use Earth to Body's Emu-Neem Soap. It's all natural and it removes my makeup. www.earthtobody.ca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I also use La Vitton cleansing oil and really like it.
I also use Clinique Comforting Cleanser - I use this one with my facial brush. I find it gives a great clean.
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Vasaline jelly then rinse with mild water!
dolly*eye
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
What about Shu Unema's cleansing oil. It's quite a tradition and a very popular item worldwide. There are numerous other cleansing oil to choose from - I've heard the DHC and the Barbor cleansing oil are also fabulous.
DIY Girl
5% products discount

Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I never have a problem with Clearasil Daily Wash they using an ACV toner - and I use pretty heavy foundation. What type of foundation do you use?
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:26 am      Reply with quote
DIY Girl wrote:
I never have a problem with Clearasil Daily Wash they using an ACV toner - and I use pretty heavy foundation. What type of foundation do you use?

I use the heavy coverage prescriptives custom blend, i swear it has tar in it Laughing
Thanks for your suggestions!
sweetreat
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:02 am      Reply with quote
i use the MAC make up remover (oil based). so far its been doing its job...

this is what i do:
1) with dry face, massage the make-up remover onto the face --> the make up will 'dissolve' into this creamy looking mixture on your face
2) rinse off the creamy stuff with warm water
3) wash your face with any type of gentle cleanser

i used to use those cosmetic cotton pads to wipe off my eye-make up, but i find that too rough on the lids so now i just massage the make up remover on my lids and do the same thing...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:16 am      Reply with quote
dolly*eye wrote:
What about Shu Unema's cleansing oil. It's quite a tradition and a very popular item worldwide. There are numerous other cleansing oil to choose from - I've heard the DHC and the Barbor cleansing oil are also fabulous.

When I wear a heavy sunscreen or primer or waterproof concealer, I use DHC Cleansing Oil. It's very gentle--- just gently sperad it over your fave and the make up melts off!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Ponds Classic Cold Cream works well too in removing makeup, follow with another cleanser if you have oily skin though.
DIY Girl
5% products discount

Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Given your description, I think you may have more luck starting with an oil - jojoba/olive?

ACV is pretty good though -- maybe wipe with that first then wash?? GOOD LUCK!!
hindoss
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I use Simple tissue first
then a gentle cleanser
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
OCM should be really helpful. Or you can use just any oil that suits your skin type, remove it with microfiber cloth, and then follow it with any regular cleanser.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure if I am on right track, but could the heavy make-up be causing the cysts and not the cleansing? And ditto to ponds cold cream, smear on and wipe right off.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
DHC cleansing oil, it's a one step makeup remover, takes off foundation, sunscreen, liner and mascara. it's on sale also on their website this month.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:26 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
I can't get my heavy foundation off with scrubbing my skin off too. Any suggestions?

I used to have the same problem; I use Dior Magique gel cleanser, it completely melts away all makeup and impurities, without scrubbing, leaving me with baby soft skin.... Angel

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Shu Uemura's cleansing oil

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:40 am      Reply with quote
I've just started using Dermalogica Pre-cleanse, and this seems to be working fine Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:11 am      Reply with quote
sharons123 wrote:
I've just started using Dermalogica Pre-cleanse, and this seems to be working fine Smile

Do you follow up with another cleanser?
From what I've read I understand that you should follow up with your usual cleanser, but I've also read that some people say this by itself is sufficient, and no need for another cleanser. What's your experience regarding this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I wear heavy foundations sometimes (I'm wearing perscriptives right now...great stuff) and I like my own mixture of OCM 50/50 Castor and Olive Oil (Olive oil really breaks up the foundation). In the winter I add some grapeseed oil and cut back on Castor. I have also used Shu Uemura's cleansing oil and I do like it...great alternative if you dont want to mess with making your own.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I also recommend cleansing oils. I have very sensitive skin and have tried Shiseido, Kose and Kanebo cleansing oils and none of them have caused any irritation.
Mabsy

Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Definitely go with a cleansing oil. Babor, Decleor, Dermalogica Pre-cleanse have all been good IMO but I prefer the Babor one. There is no need to cleanse after using this btw (not even after the Dermalogica "Pre-Cleanse" IMO).
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I use Paula's Choice cleanser and it removes all of my many layers of make-up!!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Definitely go with a cleansing oil. Babor, Decleor, Dermalogica Pre-cleanse have all been good IMO but I prefer the Babor one. There is no need to cleanse after using this btw (not even after the Dermalogica "Pre-Cleanse" IMO).

i agree with Mabsy on not needing to use a second cleanser after an oil cleanser. I was doing the 2 step cleansing for ages, but found out that the one step is sufficient for my skin. if you tend to break out, then the second cleansing might help.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |