Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What is the best facial spray?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking about trying JI's facial sprays or perhaps Glominerals hydrating spray. Any suggestions? I am looking for something that, along with not ruining my makeup, moisturizes or hydrates my skin.

Another question: Which mineral makeup should I try first. Amazing Cosmetics or True Cosmetics. I have fair/light, yellow-toned skin that is highly sensitive and blemish-prone. I'm looking for matte, med-full coverage. Thanks.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Im looking for a good facial spray myself, Im being seduced by the Cinema Secrets Moisture Spray but I havent bought it yet...if anyone has used it plmk what you thought about it...the reviews on MUA are limited but look good.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=55869/Moisture_Spray/Cinema_Secrets/Skincare_-_Face/

As far a MMU just bought EveryDay Minerals and Im totally in love with it, great finish and wear and the prices are dirt cheap. I got the intensive foundation but I want to try the glo too.

http://www.everydayminerals.com/
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:11 am      Reply with quote
LL;

Cory Cosmetics is another MMU brand for you to consider if you haven't already tried it. Wink

Her mineral foundation is one of my true favs, it delivers med to full coverage, yet feels like wearing nothing on your skin. Also; it's so concentrated it lasts for ages Exclamation

You can order some samples to try out; they are probably the cheapest samples around: just 0.35$ each... Dancing

Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried any others, but the Jane Iredale D20 worked very well for me. Lovely scent and very light, fine spray that sets make-up without ruining it at all.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:20 am      Reply with quote
I think any moisturising toner or hydrosol will do the job. I used PSF R&R Toning Mist, and now I use rose hydrosol as my setting spray.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE Caudalie Grape Water! The mist is so fine that it doesn't disturb my make up, but it's very skin-soothing so I can use it under my make up too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
True Mineral Make up and True Mineral Mist Spray. I love them both!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Heléne wrote:
LL;
You can order some samples to try out; they are probably the cheapest samples around: just 0.35$ each... Dancing

I dunno, EveryDay Minerals samples are free! Wink
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
During the winter months I keep a spray at my office desk b/c the winter heat is harsh. I like dermalogica multi active toner and Evain. I like a couple of the burts bees sprays too but they are little strong (scent) so they bother my coworkers...but Carrot Seed Oil Complexion Mist is nice.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:21 am      Reply with quote
What's the purpose of a facial spray?
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
What's the purpose of a facial spray?

To set the MMU and moisturise the skin.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks jumpingball. I don't use MMU, so I was out of the loop there. Cool
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Heléne wrote:
LL;

WHAT??! This I have missed!! Shock (...checking website....) Thanks for enabling me! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Heléne wrote:
vonstella wrote:
Heléne wrote:
LL;

WHAT??! This I have missed!! Shock (...checking website....) Thanks for enabling me! Wink

Yeah, you get 3 MMU samples, a blush or bronzer and concealer or finishing powder, you just pay for shipping. Great deal. The samples seem like they will last a while too, Im REALLY loving mine!

http://www.everydayminerals.com/shop/prod_80.html

Plus they have cool, neutral, or warm foundations so you can find a perfect match.

Here is a link to a MUA review that is very helpful on what suites certian skintones.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=79002/Everyday_Minerals_Free_Sample_Makeup_Kit/Everyday_Minerals/Samples/
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:41 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:

Yeah, you get 3 MMU samples, a blush or bronzer and concealer or finishing powder, you just pay for shipping. Great deal. The samples seem like they will last a while too, Im REALLY loving mine!

http://www.everydayminerals.com/shop/prod_80.html

Plus they have cool, neutral, or warm foundations so you can find a perfect match.

Here is a link to a MUA review that is very helpful on what suites certian skintones.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=79002/Everyday_Minerals_Free_Sample_Makeup_Kit/Everyday_Minerals/Samples/

Thanx! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Evian and MD Formulation
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Barefoot Botanicals
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Would someone please tell me what MMU is??
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
Would someone please tell me what MMU is??

Mineral Makeup

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much, Yen!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
Thank you very much, Yen!

You're very welcome. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a huge fan of Mychelle's Fruit Enzyme Mist. It's a lovely treat during the day - I just blot and mist and my skin looks glowy and refreshed. I bought the small bottle so that I can tote it around in my purse. It's cheap too, I think it cost me around $10.
LL
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for everyone's feedback!

I'm still waiting for my Everyday Minerals sample package. I guess Canadian orders are having some problems and they just decided to reship a sample order since I have been waiting for almost a month! Argh! I can't wait until they set up a Canadian site, which is in the works.

I have also heard of Cory, but I was more interested in trying a Canadian MMU so I could avoid all the shipping problems. Anyone try the True Cosmetics line from EDS?

Thanks
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I use the JI D2O spray with the pressed powder. When I piled up the powder on my face it gets kinda cakey, but after I spray the D2O everything looks like its my real skin! * m a g i c *
Shirley M
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the sample info vonstella - will have to give MMU a try!
Shirley M
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |