Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
::RAVE:: Escents Aromatherapy Acne Treatment Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Also known as Blemish B'Gone.

I bought this on a whim while I was looking for a plug-in diffuser. The ingredients looked good, had all the good for acne ingredients and seemed very natural. I've been pretty unhappy lately about the condition of my skin as I had about 4-5 HORRIBLE cysts a month ago during my TOTM not to mention I've been prone to stubborn bumps (whiteheads) on my cheeks which I have no idea where they came from and would get them no matter what I use even if I use NOTHING on my skin. I've also used many many different acne products out there from drugstore Clearasil, Neutrogena, Clean and Clear to Proactiv to good skincare brands like Dermalogica to Doctor prescription topicals and just have no luck getting RID of my acne. Proactiv kept it at bay but BP bleached my clothes and made my skin dry on the inside and oily on the outside. Dermalogical also kept my skin at bay but SA makes my skin peel so I can never put anything on top of it or I'll actually rub it off meaning no moisturizers. So now I thought I'll give natural remedies a try - had a stick of Burt's Bees blemish stick which is nice but way too much alcohol in it plus it gets clouded (bad packaging in general) and I can use up the whole thing in a week! Then I found this product for $11.95CAD + 25% off because Escents offers a discount during the month of your bday (2 weeks before and after).

The texture of this gel is pretty thin, it can easily slip off of your spatula type thin but not watery. Very light, great spreadability. It comes in a 15mL jar so you NEED a spatula because it's too hard to get the product on your fingers and for hygienic purposes. It tingles a little bit when you put it on due to the Tea Tree but nothing uncomfortable (I actually quite LIKE the tingle). It gets absorbed immediately so no-wait time between this and your moisturizer.

Now for the results - I've used this 2x daily, sometimes more when I extract for 10 straight days. I use it all over my face concentrating on the problem areas. And WOW Shock Shock Shock My cysts have all healed, those damn whiteheads which I could never get rid off have decreased by 80%!!! The frequency of the acne that I get (now I used to get acne VERY frequently esp. the whitehead type) has decreased by 70% (being a conservative estimate). My skin has not completely cleared yet but as you can see it's getting there but I don't hope for a miracle. I still do break out but not much and it's not as horrible, just minor stuff here and there. Sometimes after extractions I put some of this on and it calms down the inflammation better than a lot of products I've tried and is quite comparable to my Emulsion Pure. I also think it decreases the chance of scarring when I put this on after extractions. Sometimes I can even FEEL my acne decreasing in size (yes sometimes I touch my face) and no it was NOT an illusion!

I this product and have gone through 1/3 of it in 10 days so will definitely be going out to get more soon. Now I just have to take care of those horrible spots that are left!

Here is the ingredient list, it's pretty natural but not 100%:
Water, Comfrey extract, Chamomille Extract, Fragrance (100% Pure EOs), Vitis Vinifera Extract, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, Aloe Vera Extract, Arnica Extract, DMDM Hydantion, Alcohol Denaturalized, Propylene Glycol, Larrea Mexicana Extract, Diazolidinyl Urea, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit E), Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Methyparaben, Propylparaben
Although Tea tree and Lavendar aren't stated in the list I'm sure there are large amounts of it as I can smell it very distinctly in the product so not sure why they're not listed on my jar (they were on the tester in the store). Or maybe they're Active Ingredients as they are written right below the product name.

I will update again next week to see how this holds up during my "monthly friend". I also want to mention I'm using this in conjunction with Yen's recommendation of Earth to Body's Clay Neem Mask every night so that could have also influenced my WONDERFUL Results.

More info on the brand can be found atwww.escents.ca
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Wow, what a great review! After I read it I went right to the website to order some, LOL! I'll let you guys know how it goes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for that review. Your skin sounds similar to mine. I could really do with this product! Do they ship to the UK?
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm answering my own question here, but I think they do ship to the UK. You have to email them for postage prices. Result!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Call me skeptic, but I don't see what in this would treat and/or get rid of acne. I'm going to assume that the they lumped the lavendar and tea tree into the "fragrance." Question
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hm.. retail stores in Vancouver..

To Torontonians who can wait, and don't want to pay for shipping. I'm going to Vancouver in early October. I will definitely pick up a jar for myself while I'm there. I wouldn't mind picking up a couple more for u either.. just pm me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
Call me skeptic, but I don't see what in this would treat and/or get rid of acne. I'm going to assume that the they lumped the lavendar and tea tree into the "fragrance." Question

See that's the thing I don't get, I know those things are IN the ingredients and I specifically saw them ON the tester jar, which looked, smelled felt the same as the one I bought. And it really tingles the way tea tree oil makes my skin tingle and it SMELLS like tea tree so that's my guess. But then again I could care less because it works for me Very Happy
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Update:

This has PASSED the TOTM test and I actually have clearer skin now than when I first reviewed this product. At the beginning of the "monthly fiend" I got a few pimples here and there - more like the little bumps of skin kind so nothing cystic or horrible. They healed quite quickly and within a few days I'm all better. I think a large part attributes to this product mainly that it has not only effectively treated my acne, but have also sped up the healing process by a lot. Preventative side - I'm not quite sure whether this is doing the work or my clay-neem treatment which I still use everyday (although I am considering using it every other day now and see how that goes). The clay-neem treatment also helped with the healing but I feel that the blemish gel did most of the work. I don't think I can do away with either, no more trying other clay masks (I have 4 other ones at home, I'm a clay-mask fanatic). I can't believe I'm saying this but I think this blemish gel is now HG and I don't have very many HGs because I feel I'll always find something better.
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review! I'll definitely pick a jar up on my next trip to Vancouver..

5% products discount

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
This sounds great, I'm going to have to try it, I'll let you know how it goes.
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I want to give this products a Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy RAVE as well.
I've been using it as a spot treatment on pimples (not cysts) and have been very pleasantly surprised with the positive results. It helps reduce the size of the pimple as well as redness and swelling, and best of all, it isn't drying at all.

Thanks Sormuimui for finding such an awesome product!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |