Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Darphin Niaouli Aromatic Care+Skin Matifying Fluid
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
amaska
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I have oily, acne-prone skin, and have been looking north and south for the something that will help control my oilies & acne.

I've had sample sizes of Darphin Niaouli Aromatic Care + Skin Matifying Fluid sitting in my cabinet for many months. Never bothered to try them, cuz I didn't believe in the theory of using oil to control oil. Well, since starting to read EDS posts, I've changed my mind and feel I should really give this theory a try.

So I went to Sephora and got samples of the Decleor YY + hydra mat fluid. Unfortunately, the Decleor products did not help with controlling my oil production at all. In fact, my skin was pumping out oil non-stop with YY. Had to wash my face as soon as I got home after work!

A little more than a week ago, I dug up the Darphin samples and thought I'd give them a try too. In the morning, after washing my face, I mix 2 drops of the oil with my toner and pat it onto my face. I let it sit for a bit. My skin absorbs it well, and it does not leave any greasy films. Then I mix the matifying fluid with some toner as well, and pat it on my face. I do the same at night.

My skin stays mat and fresh until about noon, then I have to blot.

It's been a week, and I'm very happy with the results. It's pretty good at keeping me shine free until noon. Then my t-zone shines a bit, but it's by no means 'slick & greasy' like before.

According to the Darphin website, there should also be a Skin Mat Balancing Serum that should be used in the morning. But I don't have a sample of that, so have no idea what effects the serum will have.

Since I've just ordered a sample size of clear emu oil, I'm not going to buy the full size Darphin products yet. If the emu oil doesn't work out for me, then I'm definitely getting the Darphin oil + fluid.

Hope this helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Nice review. I also tried samples of both of these products and really liked them both.
I have no idea what the carrier oil used in the Niaouli is but I didn't even mix it with water and it was very easy to apply and did not make my skin greasy looking at all. I would probably have bought the oil if it weren't for the scent. I just smelled like cleaning products and I couldn't get past it! FYI the Niaouli should only be used at night particularly since it has bitter orange oil which is photosensitizing!
The Skin Matifying Fluid is one of the nicest moisturizers I have ever used. It has a wonderful texture and did keep my combination skin matte looking. My only complaint with the Skin Mat Fluid is that it balled up a little when I applied my moisturizer over it. I have come close to buying this but it has copper PCA which I believe is just copper and not copper peptides and I am at this time unsure if it is safe to apply copper to the skin.
I also tried the Skin Mat Balancing Serum and unfortunatly did not know that it has salicylic acid (my skin cannot tolertate this) and ended up with very irritated skin after one use. So I can't really give my impression on the serum.
I also tried the Purifying Foam Gel and am undecided on that one. I seemed to be a gentle cleanser and did not overdry my skin but I couldn't tell if it was leaving a film on my skin or not.
Here is something interesting about the Skin Mat Moisturizer, Serum, Purifying Toner and Purifying Foam Gel-they all contain PHLOROGINE which is laminaria saccharina and is supposed to reduce sebum production. Here's a link that goes into a lot of details on the Phlorogine as well as some other products that Secma offers. http://www.ctmw.com/articles2004/ctmw%20Secma%20Bio.pdf.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking of getting this as well...kindda torned. Is the serum a serum or is it oil based as well?>
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |