Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Courtney Cox looking pretty pouty
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
http://goodplasticsurgery.com/

although it looks good on her, no doubt she is tweaking other areas of her face. Isn't she the spokesperson for Kinerease? For anti aging???? She should be fired. That is not someone I would admire for natural beauty.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I think she looked better before. She's a natural beauty. Peolple start looking alien with too much work.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
I do think she looks better now...she looked very gaunt in the before pic. Either she's gained some weight (in her lips, though Shock ) or had some tweaking done. If it's the latter, though, I don't think she should be peddling Kinerase Confused
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
They all do it.. for goodness sake, Cindy Crawford peddles her on LINE - yet she has openly admitted that she has used injections (I think they were vitamin, botox and collagen) for the last 10 years. Now that is just illegal IMO and if I had been suckered into buying her Meaningful Beauty line I would be seriously miffed.

At least CC looks as good or slightly better after surgery... just think of what Nicole Kidman did to her beautiful face, that is such a shame. That website is fun to look at though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Yes, but using Kinerase isn't "natural" either. We can't criticize CC for getting help whether it's from the surgeon's knife or a jar of Kinerase. Well, we could - but shouldn't.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it does tend to be a personal or cultural matter as to what is considered "natural".

Courtney Cox doesn't bother me personally, but I am annoyed that Kinerase uses a celebrity spokesperson of any kind. I've used Kinerase for years and when they started plastering Ms Cox all over the website I almost stopped using it. I like to think I take my skincare seriously and if a company uses so-called celebrities in their advertising I tend to assume the product has no real merit of its own.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
I like to think I take my skincare seriously and if a company uses so-called celebrities in their advertising I tend to assume the product has no real merit of its own.

I agree 100%!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm...I don't see the slightest connection b/t using Sell-ebs and a product's merit.

Even though they're getting paid, it doesn't mean the product doesn't work.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:53 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
They all do it.. for goodness sake, Cindy Crawford peddles her on LINE - yet she has openly admitted that she has used injections (I think they were vitamin, botox and collagen) for the last 10 years.

I read somewhere recently that she did NOT acutally admit that. Her rep says that was all a big lie. she does not use anything.

Rolling Eyes Whatever....
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
tiger_tim wrote:
They all do it.. for goodness sake, Cindy Crawford peddles her on LINE - yet she has openly admitted that she has used injections (I think they were vitamin, botox and collagen) for the last 10 years.

I read somewhere recently that she did NOT acutally admit that. Her rep says that was all a big lie. she does not use anything.

The doctor she goes to, Dr. Sebaugh , is well known for all the injections he does. Apparently, his clientel is the London & Paris elite. He's said in interviews that he believes he can keep people looking 35 for the rest of their lives if he starts giving them injections in their early 20's. As for the Meaningful Beauty line, I bought it (couldn't help myself) and I was very unimpressed. I have heard good things about his high end line that he sells through Blissworld, although it's very expensive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I should clarify, the doctor Cindy Crawford goes to. I guess we're discussing two seperate initials with C.C.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
yea I realized that too.. the "CC" I referred to at the end of my post though was Courtney Cox. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:34 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
tiger_tim wrote:

From Page Six:
September 20, 2006 -- ALTHOUGH Cindy Crawford is threatening to sue the French magazine Gala for publishing statements she never made about receiving Botox, we hear from fashion insiders that despite the false article, there has been speculation for some time the 40-year-old supermodel has in fact had a little nip and tuck. Cindy has retained her flawless looks with "Botox injections and an eyebrow lift," says a source. Her spokesman said: "Cindy Crawford has retained legal counsel to investigate the publication of a fictitious 'interview' in French Gala magazine. Ms. Crawford never participated in any such interview. The interview contained false and defamatory statements." After viewing photos of Crawford from 2004 versus 2006, renowned Manhattan plastic surgeon Dr. Howard Bellin (who has not treated the supermodel) told us, "She's either had a brow lift or found an incredible new way to tweeze her eyebrows."

I remember around 2004 seeing pics of her that told me that she had something done. I think it is even WORSE when a celeb does something and vigorously denies it. ie: Demi Moore. she once said (early 90s)that her boobs were bigger from having kids. sorry, after 3 pregnancies, I can assure yout hat the last thing it does is give you bigger, perkier boobs: quite the opposite!

And this gets me too, during interviews they always ask the question, "Would you ever consider going under the knife" and the reply is always, "oh sure I'd consider it" Gimme a break! Girl you know you've already been doing it for years!

I love Dolly Pardon b/c she is so honest about her surgeries. She'll have things "nipped, tucked and sucked" if it ever droops.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:27 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:

I think it is even WORSE when a celeb does something and vigorously denies it. ie: Demi Moore. she once said (early 90s)that her boobs were bigger from having kids.

I remember her saying that. Was round about the time she did that silly movie where she played a stripper - Striptease I think it was called. She had a very obvious and unnatural-looking boob job done for that role...they looked like balloons strapped to her chest. She looks much better in that area now, more natural. Perhaps they have shrunk as she hasn't had any children lately? Laughing
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
I do appreciate Dolly's candidness. Smile

Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |