Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review:: Jan Marini Age-Intervention Eyelash Intervention
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I know the forum doesn't need anymore convincing or reviews to know how spectacular this product is, but I really can't hold back. I've been coming here less than a month, and I purchased this product on ebay for 109 dollars after seeing the amazing before and after photos included in a review here. Initially, I was somewhat regretful for discovering this wonderful place, because I knew that my house and car would probably be seized by the US department of treasury if I continued at my spending pace (JM eyelash and JB GAP in the first 3 days people). But, OMG forget the 109 I would have payed 500 dollars for this product knowing what I know it can do now. My eyelashes, in about 3 weeks? Are nearly twice as long, I can already go without mascara. My boyfriend, who wouldn't notice change if I was wearing a blonde wig (I have black hair) looked into my eyes and said "are you wearing make up?" I said "no", because I wasn't Laughing . Afterwards, he turned on a bright light and marveled at the length of my eyelashes for about 3 minutes. Okay, Sad I feel a little guilty for not telling him my secret, but I think he would be somewhat confused and concerned if I told him I spent 100 dollars on some strange product (with a secret ingredient...), to make my lashes a little longer (actually, almost doubled!!!). I wish, so much that I would have takend before and after pictures, I honestly didn't think that this product would work. Nothing amazing ever really works on me. But wow, this, this is amazing, I can't wait till I get to the three month mark! If you wear lengthening mascara and have the money to spend, please, please get this product, you will be absolutely amazed! Thank you so so much those of you who reviewed this product here, you have honestly gave me a little confidence boost. And thank you all for making this forum so wonderful and informative, I've learned so much in my short time spent here (okay okay it may only be less than a month), but I easily spend an hour+ per day here Laughing
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Please excuse my grammar (I should have proofread Shock ), I've been awake for about 23 hours... Embarassed
floatinglili
5% products discount

Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
For some reason, EDS won't ship Jan Marini out of North America
I wonder what the reason is Sad
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
floatinglili wrote:

I am wondering about this too. Is it because they are negotiating for exclusive agents in various parts of the world OR they are still to obtain licence to sell to places outside the
U.S.A.? I have used JM lash serum for 2.5 months now - really really loving the result Smile !!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
floatinglili wrote:
It's most likely that there is an exclusive distribution contract in place with JM -- they're probably negotiating the rights with other distributors around the world as we speak.

When LipFusion lip plumper came out about 2 years ago, only Sephora USA carried it and they were forbidden by FusionBeauty to sell/ship it outside the U.S., so apparently these sort of exclusive deals aren't unusual.

Also, it could be a company's way of test-marketing the success of a product to gauge demand and how much they could charge other distributors to carry their product/s....

I would guess that within about 6-12 months, the JM lash stuff will be available outside of N.A..

In the meantime, there ARE ways around the roadblock (i.e.: Ebay or getting an North American pal to order it for you and then forward the parcel on).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
dealated wrote:
I've been awake for about 23 hours... Embarassed

Is that because you simply haven't been able to stop looking at your gorgeous new lashes?! Laughing

So pleased to hear you had such spectacular results. Very Happy
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I am *this* close to ordering Jan Marini on Ebay, but a while ago there was talk about JM fakes if I'm correct? Has anyone found a "safe" seller?

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
as far as ebay, wendy has been ordering and might be able to give you the name of her seller. AND THIS STUFF ROCKS!!!! I am totally WOWED by it.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Ziggy wrote:
I am *this* close to ordering Jan Marini on Ebay, but a while ago there was talk about JM fakes if I'm correct? Has anyone found a "safe" seller?
It's a seller from Hawaii (sorry, don't know the name -- check the other JM threads) that has been selling suspect product that a couple different EDS members have had problems/questions about so if there is only one Hawaiin JM seller on Ebay, that's probably the one to avoid....

5% products discount

Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the response Carekate. I actually went to the recipe index to see if your own famous eyelash 'conditioner' was featured on the list!
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
AND THIS STUFF ROCKS!!!! I am totally WOWED by it.

Aaarrggghhhh! Ya killing me! I'm almost to a breaking point...I just don't want to be a slave to this $$$$ stuff. How long does a tube last? And I'm assuming once you stop using it your lashes go back to the way they were?
floatinglili
5% products discount

Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Jala wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:

Aaarrggghhhh! Ya killing me! I'm almost to a breaking point...I just don't want to be a slave to this $$$$ stuff. How long does a tube last? And I'm assuming once you stop using it your lashes go back to the way they were?

Sadly, that seems to be the case!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Jala wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:

Aaarrggghhhh! Ya killing me! I'm almost to a breaking point...I just don't want to be a slave to this $$$$ stuff. How long does a tube last?
I began using my original tube on Valentine's Day and I'm just now getting to the point of scraping the last dregs from it (using it once nightly nearly every single day during that time period) so if you divide the $140 by six months, it comes out to a little over $23 per month.

ETA: once you've reached the six month mark, I believe its' safe to cut back and use the serum only 2-3 times per week to maintain the results so at that rate, a single tube COULD last nearly a year.

If I could afford to have only one $$$$$$$$ product in my beauty regimen, this would be the one I'd keep. For the rest of it, I'd see if there was a DIY alternative that worked just as well as the real stuff....

5% products discount

Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I caved in two weeks ago and ordered it from EDS. I can't believe the difference it's made already. I have no idea what's in their "eyelash growth factor", but it works! (Ingredients: Deionized water, hydrolyzed glycosaminoglycan (and) sodium hyaluraonate, triethanol-amine, propylene glycol (and) methylparaben (and) propylparaben, acrylates C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, panthenol, biotin, sodium chloride, sodium phosphate, eylash growth factor)
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'd have to check the threads on my start date but I believe it was late May or July, I've only really used this 2 to 3x's a week and my results are unreal. I have barely made a dent in my tube, I do not use alot, I just coat the lashline and thats it. I've acheived fabulous results and have not used this daily, infact still not using this daily, but I am consistant in weekly. I completely agree with caretake on this is one product I will not be without, ever!!! It truely goes beyond what it says it does.
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
There was talk on another forum that this makes the eyelid darker and that it could make the iris darker. Has anyone here experienced that? That is the only thing that scares me.
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Ziggy wrote:

Ziggy I'll pm you my seller, I ordered off ebay without knowing there were fake sellers! But, I'm guessing mine isn't fake since it's working so well!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I am soooo tempted. As I've said in other places on the forum I can't buy anything until Oct.31 (my birthday). I want this Jan Marini so much. I'm so glad to hear of your success!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
thirtyish wrote:
There was talk on another forum that this makes the eyelid darker and that it could make the iris darker. Has anyone here experienced that? That is the only thing that scares me.

I will say my lashline got darker, not like I'd applied eyeliner, but a bit darker just at lashline, I chalk that up to new hair, my lashes are def darker, as well, as hugely longer!!!! So I think on me the darker color is just the hair under the skin. My sister has very dark (natural) lashes, and her skin appears same. As far as whole lid changing colors...no, and my eye color is still same, I am happy to report!!! But isnt the iris already the black part of ones eye anyway, so how can that possibly get darker?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Ok just checked when I ordered this from eds, it was end of June, so I started using this in July.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:27 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
But isnt the iris already the black part of ones eye anyway, so how can that possibly get darker?
Actually, the pupil is the black part, the iris is the colored ring around it.

thirtyish wrote:
As to whether or not mine has changed color following useage of the JM stuff, the answer is "No." Futhermore, I think the entire idea is completely preposterous! Absolutely nothing in my extensive research into various eyelash growth serums and their individual active ingredients has ever even hinted at such a thing happening. I think someone on that other forum is trying to pull everyone's leg or is acting the part of a flaming troll trying to start an uproar or backlash against the product....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:41 am      Reply with quote
just to add another rave for this stuff....

four years ago i got really really sick and pretty much lost all my lashes. to be honest, at the time, it was the least of my problems. it eventually started to bother me as i started to get better. taking supplements helped, but they were still rather pathetic. i then tried Talika, Mavala, Ardell, etc., and was able to get them looking almost acceptable. but, but, but, there was always one bald patch from where i first started losing them that *never* grew back. it's always bothered me because it's a daily reminder that i almost died. just not the first thing you want to confront as you're starting your day....

four weeks later, after starting the JM, i have stumps. bona fide eyelash stumps! NO bald spot anymore. i am so excited i can't stand it!!! what i wasn't able to do in four years using everything under the sun, JM did in four weeks! as for the rest of the lashes, they're lusher and longer, and, well, for the first time in my life -- i actually have decent lashes. (despite my thick thick hair and brows, my eyelash area was always sub-par.) so for anybody teetering on the edge about this product, it is sooooooooo worth it! if it worked for me (and i'm only a month in to it), i think it would help anybody.

i just cannot tell you how thrilled i am with my stumps (doing a little snoopy happy dance here)!!! Brick wall Brick wall okay, need to calm myself down now as this behaviour is totally unacceptable on the parisian streets.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
i just cannot tell you how thrilled i am with my stumps (doing a little snoopy happy dance here)!!! Brick wall Brick wall
If you're that excited by your "stumps," by the time you hit the 3-month mark, we'll probably see you on the CNN International report one night as the crazy American who was arrested for doing cartwheels down the Champs d'Elysees! Wink Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I must get this!!! My hubby is going to kill me...
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
yep realized after I logged off the iris is the color part lmao.....I kept thinking how in world could ones pupil( thinking iris) get darker!!1
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |